Romance seems stalled

Guest Astral Sea

Guest Astral Sea

The romance with Sarah seems to have stalled-I've been using the AdvanceRealTime command, since I'm a fast player, but I'm not getting any further talks-the last one I had was the "girl for me" chat.

Guest Astral Sea

SarahRomanceActive = 2

SarahTalkRomance = 19

Btw, I'm definitely enjoying the romance so far. Nice to finally meet someone who's shy about being interested in me. :thumbsup:

Guest Astral Sea

Nope, haven't been back to Athkatla yet-just did Umar Hills and the temple, now I'm doing Windspear to get my PC her stronghold-she's a paladin. Rested in a forest, but haven't seen her uncle yet. Had a feeling he'd show up at some point in the romance, though.

For some reason i didn't get the very last love talk (i too was using the AdvanceRealTime command)

Instead, Sarah would keep trying to start a conversation every half second, preventing rest and saving and stuff unless i got in quick.

Also i deleted that game, so i can't be much more help than that, sorry

But can i say, this mod shows a whole tonne of promise! The voice acting is really good and the character of Sarah is well-defined and well written.

On the downside, i think the character you gave the PC / Charname is really lacking.....um...character. I didn't feel i was playing a 20 - 21 year old (age given at start of BG1) child of Bhaal that has to deal with troubles of their own as well as their feelings for this ranger lass

As i said, a whole tonne of promise though!

What does "got in quick" mean?

What mods do you have installed? Can you show us your DEBUG file or your WeiDU log?

I don't quite understand why you would delete the game unless you had no interest in fixing whatever possible bug might be occurring.

As a final note I would like to discourage people from using AdvanceRealTime if they truly want to experience the mod at its best. But that's a personal preference I guess.

By "got in quick" i mean changing areas gave me a second before Sarah would try and start a conversation, and i could quick save then.

The only other mod i have installed is Amber, and she wasn't in the party, nor had i met any NPC to do with her mod.

It might just be my computer being buggy though, aerie has always tried to start a conversation just after rest for as long as i've had the game installed, mods or no, and interparty banter only happens with Ctrl+u+i

Hm, I've been playing through with Amber mod installed and so far not conflicts.

Was your install a clean one or did you have mods installed then uninstalled before Sarah. It may be possible something has not been removed and the game is still looking for it. :)

At either rate I'm with Ace about the whole AdvanceRealTime command, that can really provide a buggy romance for NPCs. Anyways if it is also happening with Aerie it is most likely something has overidden the proper links in priority perspective...

Any mods you can think of if you didn't have a clean install when you put on Amber and Sarah? It could help us find out where this trouble is coming from. :)

Also do you have the patch installed?

I can't see the Aerie problem happening in a clean vanilla BG2 without mods, tho perhaps in a pre-patch version maybe. :thumbsup:

It isn't a bad idea to delete the game if an installation is bugged by installation/reinstallation issues. I do that myself, most of the time.

Uninstall the game, delete the entire BGII - SoA folder, then start over with a fresh installation. Takes the saved games with it, but I don't have to worry about whether or not I got everything.

Yes, Icelus' "clean install" procedures work. But on my machine, going through all that actually takes longer to do than just installing from scratch, so I do the latter.

Guest Astral Sea

Okay, I've met Sarah's uncle, had the forest rest scene and morning-after talk, but now I've run into another problem.

After pausing the game and going off to eat breakfast so there'd be a lovetalk when I came back, Sarah's sprite went into her "I want to talk" animation and the romance music started playing, but no dialogue occurred and when I try and move the party around, Sarah stays put, no matter what I do.

Archived