Photo

[BG1] Gavin for BG:EE: v9 beta - Testers needed!

15 replies to this topic

#1 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7520 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:07 AM

With berelinde's permission, I prepared v9 beta of Gavin BG1. Main changes are BG:EE compatibility and a French translation (by Galathée), but also bugfixes, and a part-German version. The v9 beta is still playable with Tutu and BGT, of course!
No content changes, only bugfixes.

[Download removed]

Changes are:
Spoiler
Note: This version does not need the Kickout-Hotfix (it is already included)

If you want to test, please make sure you install Gavin last and do not biff your override afterwards. This way, you can install newer versions easily.
Be ready to install updates, as testing is most efficient if you are playing with the newest version that includes the most bugfixes (and to test whether the fixes work, actually). You will (most probably, unless I tell so explicitely) be able to use your old safe.

Note: I'll update the beta as soon as I fix bugs. There are still some issues I didn't look into yet, mainly reports from missing reply options at the temple although Gavin's quest was active. I'll look into these as soon as I find the time.

Thank you for your interest and please report anything you encounter with the mod here.

Edited by jastey, 11 August 2015 - 09:51 AM.

#2 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:44 AM

Thank you so much for the update, Jastey!!

#3 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7520 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:10 AM

Thanks!

-And the first update. Now the kickout hotfix is included, ahem. Although I don't understand how the detection of the NPC's happiness work, I have to admit.
EDIT: I think now it is correct, although the v 150110b should do the same, actually.

Edited by jastey, 10 January 2015 - 08:47 AM.

#4 MissBehave

MissBehave
  • Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:01 PM

Yay :)

#5 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7520 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

There is an error that prevents the romance component from Gavin v9 beta to be installed with BWS. I'll fix this as soon as possible (but I didn't find the time to do it already as I had hoped).

#6 Notabarbiegirl

Notabarbiegirl
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:32 AM

Squeeee! :love:  Oh, sorry lost my mind for a moment. This is wonderful news

Women have strength, beauty, and value, with many facects that sparkle and shine. We are much like diamonds in many reguards. Never forget your worth you are a treasure beyond price.

#7 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7520 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:39 PM

You are referring to Gavin compatibly with BG:EE, I think (not the bug) :)

If you install the current version manually and in one go, it installs fine. I will update this week-end so Gavin can also be romanced using the install tool BWS, too.

Edited by jastey, 12 March 2015 - 09:40 PM.

#8 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7520 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:39 AM

The download in the first post was updated. A installer bug was fixed that made it impossible to install single components by running the installer several times.

The v9beta should now be installable via BWS.

#9 megamike15

megamike15
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:15 AM

any chance this will also be done for the tob beta.  i would like to play it but i hear there are very bad bugs that stop people from  finishing the game and crashing  problems.

#10 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7520 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:48 AM

There is an own thread beneath this one that answers this question. I thank you for your interest but I would appreciate if this thread would stay on-topic (you are the second person posting into this thread with this inquiry*. Yes, I do read the other threads, too.)

*EDIT: That's where the other thread came from.

Edited by jastey, 20 March 2015 - 08:53 AM.

#11 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7520 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:14 AM

There are either no bugs with this version or no-one is playing it.

Either case, I guess I could put this on the official download page. :)

#12 Shaitan

Shaitan

Bad bad nurse.

• Members
  • 1734 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:07 AM

Great. It's good to see Gavin still going strong. Thanks jastey
"You're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly. If a strange man offers you a ride I say take It"
-Grandpa Simpson

#13 agb1

agb1
  • Modders
  • 410 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:32 PM

Bug report:

Install fails on BG:EE without BGEE Graphics Overhaul because tp2 tries to patch %Beregost%N.wed (AR3300.wed on BGEE), which does not exist in BGEE original game files.

Possible solution:  add %Beregost%N.wed to the ALLOW_MISSING section at the top of gavin.tp2 (starting line 23):

ALLOW_MISSING // allow if BG Graphics night WEDs are not installed
AR6700N.WED
FW3300N.WED
// add %Beregost%N.wed here ... or AR3300N.wed if WeiDU does not expand variables here
ALWAYS

http://www.shsforums...115#entry584540

Edited by agb1, 02 January 2016 - 08:33 PM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#14 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7520 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:46 AM

Thank you!

#15 agb1

agb1
  • Modders
  • 410 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:32 AM

Turned out to be an unintended side effect of the Fixpack patch for BG Graphics Overhaul compatibility. The original Gavin code is fine. Also Lollorian has now corrected the Fixpack. You can find a link to the updated patch in Lollorian's post on the SHS forum thread if you want to include it in Gavin. Thanks!

Edited by agb1, 03 January 2016 - 05:32 AM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users