Masochists sought for IWD-BG2 project

CamDawg

Yes. It's in the initial stages only, though. As stated, it's currently a brute-force conversion and needs a lot of work. If you have any modding, or better any programming, ability you'd be more then welcome to join the development team.

Since I have neither, I feel kind of like a flat spare tire, so I'll be the rodeo clown or cheerleader for the team.

Am I the only one who sees the possibility of finally bringing NPCs into IWD and using them to elaborate the main storyline with all kinds of side stories as the single most significant consequence of this project? Virgin territory for NPC mods. :crazyeyes:

Darios, I am in 100% agreement. Opening up IWD from linear to open-ended for both quest and NPC materials is like building a whole new game. And materials not tied to <CHARNAME> as a Bhaalspawn, too.

Am I the only one who sees the possibility of finally bringing NPCs into IWD and using them to elaborate the main storyline with all kinds of side stories as the single most significant consequence of this project? Virgin territory for NPC mods. :crazyeyes:

Not to mention new area/quest mods.

Absolutely not.

What she means is, check out PPG for her mod adding NPC's to IWD.

Guest Guest_Child-Like Robot_*

Bump?

I'm just curious how things are going. I'm not sure in what way i might be helpful, but i wish the best for this project.

As a mac user, this is a doubly exciting mod, as we never got IWD2 or even HoW (though maybe there's a way to force the WIN version to work, I don't really know). I actually really like IWD.

CLR

Not too well right now, I'm afraid. Seems all the key modders have gone MIA (Cam, Nythrun, Miloch), though I've still hopes they'll return. Even if it fails, new knowledge will be gained and maybe other items will be portable into BG2 (druid spells for example). Though I'm hoping for a full port.

Archived