the "Faiths and Powers" mod

subtledoctor

Just a heads up, (I've spent the past 4 days trying to get a Tactics-ish stable install going and thus far I've been unsuccessful.) But in my attempts to debug I installed just Faiths and Powers and whatever minimums BWS installs (as I'm installing F&P through it) and you can't create a Shaman character. Like a Sorc, you have to select multiple spells to proceed (2) and the only thing available to select is like Cure Light Wounds so you can't finalize character creation. I checked the ReadMe on Github and didn't see any entries for Shaman so don't know if it was tested.

This is Steam (ModMerged) BG1:EE (not EET) Faiths and Powers install via BWS.

I believe that the most recent update (v. 0.70e) should allow you to create a shaman...

But does BWS work with just bgee??? (Honest question. I thought it was eet/bgt only)

Yeah BWS works with everything except BG (original), IWD2, and PSTEE.

BWS automatically grabs the latest 'release' from Github so it is still using v0.64.

@gsmith84 you can 'pause' BWS and install the newer version of FnP; but then you might not be able to use the Sandrah mod because it is only compatible with FnP v0.64. Easiest thing is to, after installing mods, simply use Near Infinity to edit shmsplkn.2da and set every entry to 0.

Thanks for the heads up, I've lost the will to really pursue it further. I am aware of the BWS pausing feature, because I'd have to install SCS manually or get Out of Memory errors (which I noticed others have gotten), but I didn't track down each mod to see latest updates, I tried to find ones where i thought the issue was but I'm not an expert and I couldn't really isolate them.

I had 4 EET install attempts that had some issue or another so I tried to just go BGEE and then BG2EE separately. Where I've had at least 20 BGEE installs, but I haven't been able to get a stable BGEE install going with various tactics / rule tweak mods at once. I think it could be item revisions because I noticed it has a lot of files named DVEN__ something or other and in EE Keeper I noticed spells with the DVEN name would have random various dialog entries and its always been installed in my tests except for when I was isolating stuff. But I suppose it could be something else along the install path messing those entries up.

I've gone through a lot of combinations that don't work but it could be an entire mod or just a single selection of a mod. I would get CTD early on, usually when selecting a Kit for Imoen with the Innate. So I removed NPC EE and CTD would happen talking to Eldoth, so I could discover it being broken early but that didn't get me any closer to the culprit.

Even sorting through the BWS notes for each and every selection, its easy to see a move towards EET because a lot of notes will say XYZ is preferred, but its an EET only component that doesn't show up in the BGEE lists or some that don't show up under any (eg: BWS will recommend SCS 4030 Improved Shapeshifting over the one in Tweaks Anthology (1150) but SCS 4030 isn't a selectable option in BWS). And following the notes can be confusing. In various places it will says Scales of Balance 121 or 122 is preferred and other places it will say Scales of Balance 121 or 122 or Faiths and Powers 101. Both don't appear to perform the same functions but it references them as OR indicating it should not be both. Short of continuing to install making changes between each one I may wait a little longer to see how BWS and EET progresses.

PSTEE is supported by BWS, thanks to Argent77 :thumbsup: And since today, BWS won't use pre-release for SoB because as I understand, it is a way for M&G, F&P and SoB to test new version which have compatibility code between them, get feedback etc

Oh, I thought that was the default behavior for BWS... I just try to work with the way I read about BWS working. Generally I've been doing 'pre-release' = unstable beta I use to give download links to people, while 'release' = stable version that I know BWS will pick up.

Oh, I thought that was the default behavior for BWS... I just try to work with the way I read about BWS working. Generally I've been doing 'pre-release' = unstable beta I use to give download links to people, while 'release' = stable version that I know BWS will pick up.

Well, could you give a link to the STABLE version... and then have the not stable version elsewhere ? Or the same place with eitherway a different link... you can give to your beta users.

You know, there's a topic in BWS to talk about this cheese.

Archived