Bug Reports for Alpha 20

Domi

Is the Peony halfling avatar component supposed to work for the PC too? Currently Peony's a halfling on the screen, and a bearded fellow on the inventory page. Starting with a sorceress halfling PC (Nikosh needs to pestered bug-tested! but I guess I'll probably try some other time now that the first game is continuing), she shows up as a bearded old dude on the screen and inventory. You were very right about not being able to mistake that for a lady. ^_^'

I was going to post about it, but yes, Peony's halfling avatar is not an option for IWD2, because the spell only changes the on-screen avatar and the inventory one morphs right back into the dwarf. it is a hard-coded limitation i can not go around. it seems that the elf is the only real alternative. And I don'yt think I can offer the option for pc at all, because as I said, the spell morphs only the on-screen avatar ;)

I was going to post about it, but yes, Peony's halfling avatar is not an option for IWD2, because the spell only changes the on-screen avatar and the inventory one morphs right back into the dwarf. it is a hard-coded limitation i can not go around. it seems that the elf is the only real alternative.

Oh. That is sad. ;) I can live with not looking at her inventory too much. ^_^' But still sad. ;)

Heya, folks, I need a second call on these two, because neither articles, nor past tenses are my strong suit, so what will be the correct way to go about these:

Jaemal: "It shines like gold and copper of the temple domes; like leaves in the fall, like coins and gems of the treasure hordes in the illuminated scrolls..." <-- seems to me like it should be "the gold and copper" or "the gold and the copper" (well, I prefer the former, but I dislike poetic speech) because they are specific temple domes ("the temple domes") and "the coins and gems" because they are specific scrolls.

later Jaemal-PC:

Jaemal: "The same way your eyes, even closed, remember light after you looked at it." <-- after you look at it

Heya, folks, I need a second call on these two, because neither articles, nor past tenses are my strong suit, so what will be the correct way to go about these:

Jaemal: "It shines like gold and copper of the temple domes; like leaves in the fall, like coins and gems of the treasure hordes in the illuminated scrolls..."

later Jaemal-PC:

Jaemal: "The same way your eyes, even closed, remember light after you looked at it."

Although I don't quite understand the ending of the first sentence, I would move around the thes as so: "It shines like the gold and copper of temple domes; like leaves in the fall, like the coins and gems of treasure hordes in the illuminated scrolls..."

The second one I would change to: "The same way your eyes, even closed, remember light after you've looked at it."

I was going to post about it, but yes, Peony's halfling avatar is not an option for IWD2, because the spell only changes the on-screen avatar and the inventory one morphs right back into the dwarf. it is a hard-coded limitation i can not go around. it seems that the elf is the only real alternative. And I don'yt think I can offer the option for pc at all, because as I said, the spell morphs only the on-screen avatar ;)

I was going to investigate this further before mentioning it, but since I'm already here... would the scripting action 146 Polymorph(I:AnimationType*Animate) work for this?

I was going to investigate this further before mentioning it, but since I'm already here... would the scripting action 146 Polymorph(I:AnimationType*Animate) work for this?

I don't know, but I'll give it a try.

I have a problem with "spontaneous" Rizdaer's flirt. Rizdaer talk(I hear a sound) and then appear black window for 1-3 sec and pass away.

Neysa, please let me know if the stuff from the Quick and Dirty Fixes for Alpha 20 fixes the problem. If not, I need to play further to see what it is, because I don't think it's a flirt then.

I have Valeero in my party (along with Nord, Hildury, Peony, and Salomeya) and am able to give Reig on the docks a healing potion before I get to the warehouse in Targos. Valeero's interjection about the potion (Aha, here it is. This healing brew is just...) triggers shortly after talking to Reig the first time. I'm not sure if this was intentional on your part; from her interjection it didn't seem quite right.

I also have an option to give the healing potion to Reig talking to him the first time if Valeero is dead in party.

Yeah, I think that extra healing potion is what triggers this one. I'll need to do a bit of extra coding to check that we didn't healed Reig yet and that we don't have a potion when we entered warehouse, and then we've got it for it to trigger properly.

The bad is that I'm still getting the rapid cycle through Jaemal's flirting which qucikly brings me to the

"Yep Salomeya's not in the party, its time to party" dealy which results in a crash due to ObjCreature.cpp at line number 12720.

Raven_Song, I can't recreate the bug; I think you have pieces of old scripts hanging in your install. You will need to start with a clean install of the game, either from scratch, or from you back-ups of dialogue.tlk and override.

OK new game, new party, just about to go through Shaengarne Pass

Just a few things, not so much bugs as niggles

* Rizdaer has nine uses of faerie fire - drow characters normally have three

* Hedron's line about pushing Riz overboard "Between us, I can't reckon why didn't yet push him overboard, quiet like" - needs a "you" adding somewhere.

* The Ulbrec/Rizdaer discussion is much smoother now, although Ulbrec might be better saying "You must be the mercanary company..."

* Diriel's banter, in which he reveals his dastardly plot for the good folk at the logging village, did not trigger until after I'd already saved them - tried it twice happened both times.

* Rizdaer has nine uses of faerie fire - drow characters normally have three

I honestly don't know why. I created him just like every other character. I'll just let him have it as a special thing, I think.

Archived