Bug reports in v30

Jarno I think you're right, which is why the .CRE files don't take penalties in those situations.

UPDATE: after updating MnG to v3.6.8, Smarter General AI installed fine. Did you do something in this regard?

I did, but things are not solved.

The effects in question, as I stated, have to do with multiclass kits. They are .SPL files with a bunch of opcode 177 effects, applying .EFFs to multiclass kits according to their clab table, since the engine does not apply their clab table appropriately.

MnG had been INCLUDEing the QD_multi function in an ALWAYS block in the .tp2, so the functions would be available generally. This means CLABFI01.2da would get the QD_multi entries when any part of the mod is installed. I changed this, so that the QD_multi functions are only invoked when the "multiclass kits" component is installed.

However, that does not fix the problem for any players who actually want to install multiclass kits.

For some reason SCS is indeed choking on those QD_multi spells, even though they are just normal spells with some 177 effects. And it is not just throwing warnings - some of the things SCS is meant to do, are not getting done.

Unfortunately there's not much we can do about this without DavidW. I have NO idea what SCS is doing here, or what is making it choke. Without someone who understands the workings of SCS (kreso? You around? Mike1072?), there's not much we can do except note the issue here, and hope it gets tested and addressed in v31.

:(

Edited by subtledoctor

1) Yeah.

2) Nevertheless, SCS v30 is supposed to be compatible with the EEs, and these errors are popping up on EE installs. So it's still a problem.

That doesn't mean that all the checks are in place to confirm that say v2.5.... EE games content hasn't added features that would be used. Especially when replicating effects ... aka when you copy effects from abilities etc. that you couldn't in the old games. The v30 is nearly 3 years old.

Well, right. That's why I'm noting this here, in hopes that maybe it will be addressed in v31. The 2.5 patch is almost finalized, and indications are that it might be that last official update this engine ever gets. If that doesn't deserve one final update to SCS, I'm not sure what does. ;)

Edited by subtledoctor

Well, right. That's why I'm noting this here, in hopes that maybe it will be addressed in v31. The 2.5 patch is almost finalized, and indications are that it might be that last official update this engine ever gets. If that doesn't deserve one final update to SCS, I'm not sure what does. ;)

Where are these indications coming from? In fact there is a following passage on the Beamblog that makes me think it won't be the last patch for IE engine.

Worried about a fix or feature that didn’t make it into 2.5? Worry not! We’ve been listening to and recording your feedback this whole time, and we have some exciting plans for more Infinity Engine updates to come. Stay tuned!

Ha ha I missed that. I thought the message that went out to a bunch of people on those forums had an air of... finality. Maybe I misread it.

Anyway we still have a seeming incompatibility here between (IMO) two good things. Rather than speculate about the far future, I'd rather identify a solvable problem, and work toward solving it. (Even if that only means dropping a bug report.)

I made a new thread for further discussion here:

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29115&do=findComment&comment=257777

Preliminary testing suggests that the issue goes away if you exclude 177 effects from the "kit/proficiency/script features" that are applied to creatures. This is done by commenting out "177" in line 374 of /stratagems/sfo/general/lib_macro.tpa. That's not ideal, but it might be close enough to a normal SCS install that you would never know the difference, which is good enough for me.

Installing [initialise mod (all other components require this)] [v30]

loading 1 tra file

loading 1 tra file

Creating 1 directory

Reading in data: spellcodes

ERROR Installing [initialise mod (all other components require this)], rolling back to previous state

Will uninstall 4 files for [sTRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.

Uninstalled 4 files for [sTRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.

ERROR: Not_found

Detailed error information can be found in the file SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG . For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.

Using Language [English]

Any ideas what's going on here? Thanks!

loading 1 tra file

loading 1 tra file

Creating 1 directory

ERROR Installing [initialise mod (all other components require this)], rolling back to previous state

Detailed error information can be found in the file SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG . For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.

Using Language [English]

loading 1 tra file

loading 1 tra file

Creating 1 directory

Using Language [English]

Am I doing something or is SCS breaking the scripting of getting Viconia as a companion in BG1 (w/ BGT)? I went back and installed each mod I was using one by one to test it and once SCS is installed the Flaming Fist soldier that tries to attack her never shows up.

Accidentally double posted.

Edited by Irascibul11

Am I doing something or is SCS breaking the scripting of getting Viconia as a companion in BG1 (w/ BGT)? I went back and installed each mod I was using one by one to test it and once SCS is installed the Flaming Fist soldier that tries to attack her never shows up.

Looks like the soldier wasn't moved to the more convenient location.

ps.

You guys really should post more info about your game (at least weidu log) if you want some help.

BG1/BG1EE-only components are skipped for BG EET installations.

In my case:

• Potions of Extra Healing
  • More realistic dogs and wolves
  • Dividing the NPC duos
  • Ensure Shar-Tell does not die during first encounter
  • Smarter Sirines and Dryads
  • Slightly more difficult Carrion Crawlers
  • Smarter Basillisks

All of the components were skipped because they were considered as BG1 only (while I was doing BG EET installation using Big World Installer).