Revised SCS

Demivrgvs

I think SR makes it so to avoid that memorize - delete from memorized spells - memorize another spell - rest routine so popular with Cleric/Rangers which struggle with spell slots for Insect Plagues/Ironskins/Chaotic Commands...

So what do you suggest?

Fwiw, I'd keep Stoneskin working as it is now even if SR is present, ditto Mind Blank. Removing pre-cast stoneskins will make change some BG1 encounters from potentially deadly (Silke, Nimbul) to flat-out arrow practice.

For a mage w/o clerical buffs available, Mind Blank is an extremely good spell to have. May be considered a bit unfair, but with 8 hour duration.....maybe enemies can sleep for 6 hours only?

Fwiw, I'd keep Stoneskin working as it is now even if SR is present, ditto Mind Blank. Removing pre-cast stoneskins will make change some BG1 encounters from potentially deadly (Silke, Nimbul) to flat-out arrow practice.

For a mage w/o clerical buffs available, Mind Blank is an extremely good spell to have. May be considered a bit unfair, but with 8 hour duration.....maybe enemies can sleep for 6 hours only?

That sort of unfairness is definitely against SCS's design criteria. I agree that precast Stoneskin is essential for those casters, but they'll need to pay for it honestly with a spell slot.

I don’t wish to be discourteous, but what about the bugs of SR I have detected recently ? You can’t imagine the pleasure I’ll have in the future when the dear Nalia will send basilisks against the dreadfuls ones during a combat…

You mean the bug where basilisk crashes your game?

Well, I already mentioned that basilisk will be an overkill, so imo the simplest fix would be to replace the creature with something less likely to cause such mayhem. I can give you tweak I use if u want (you'll have a pair of beefed-up werewolfs with about 80HP, +3 weapons, hasted and with very quick regeneration); fixing animation issues is beyond me. It could be something local on your install, the weapons they use, etc.

I see…So have you really the intention to change this spell - MS IX - in a near future if you think it’s an overkill ? But above all, had you got nevertheless the occasion to see already this spell worked correctly in a SoA/ToB - session ? I’d be curious from yourself , Kreso, to see a screenshot of a game during the first combat in ToB with the activation without crash this time of the summoning of the basilisks. Note I’ve send a full WeiDU log with only 10 mods installed, so I think it could be perhaps a small bug in my install; so please, if you’ve some time, is it possible to make an install - I’ve used at the beginning a clean French BG2 GoG game - of my mods (if you’ve some problems with French I could to send you an English install without difficulties) and to try to find the origine of this bug ? Believe me, I’d be really relieved and happy to see this spell to work correctly. Thank you by advance.

But above all, had you got nevertheless the occasion to see already this spell worked correctly in a SoA/ToB - session ?

'fraid so.

to see a screenshot of a game during the first combat in ToB with the activation without crash this time of the summoning of the basilisks.

Unfortunately, on my install Illasera's pet mage isn't a Conjurer so he doesn't have this spell. If I can find one I'll CLUA him in....it works fine when you summon them, so I doubt that AI using them will be much different...

Disregard this combat log messages, here's your basilisk in all of it's glory.

bas_zpsigsepazr.jpg

...... to try to find the origine of this bug ? Believe me, I’d be really relieved and happy to see this spell to work correctly. Thank you by advance.

Try this. Put in your override, try summoning again, see if it crashes. It's the basilisk file from my override.