PST on Windows Tablet with GemRB and all of the problems

Wahad

Hello,

For the last couple of days I'm trying to make PST work on my Windows 8.1 7" touch tablet, but I'm failing miserably... I tried, well with almost all version from sourceforge and it just won't work. Latest version works but there are not TouchScrollAreas and Touch Gestures aren't working. I triple checked all paths, locations, dll files, libraries and it still won't work properly. Then I installed pre 8.2/8.0 versions and it works barely (showing touch scroll areas but touch gestures still wont work) in windowed mode but you need to double tap it to register as one tap and some other strange bugs too regarding movement, selecting etc etc.

When I switch to full screen mode (no matter what resolution it is), mouse pointer is just moving in "touch scroll area" and I just cant make it move from edges to click on new game or load game or whatever. As I said i tried almost all versions, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 8.0, 8.1 and 8.2 and of course I tried mid releases too between major ones and I just cant make it to work. I googled, I searched everywhere I tried with 3 versions of PST (gog, torrent installer 4 discs with one setup and retail my own ancient 4 discs) and nothing.

And now i see one reply from last year saying that PST still won't work as other games on GemRB... So I want to ask, can I make it work on touchpad windows device or this reply that I found is still valid including latest version of GemRB?

One more question if I may... Any plans of releasing GUI version for Windows, as i saw there's one on Android I think...

Thanks for your help

Just small edit: I've just checked other games iwd2, iwd, bg1 and touch gestures and touch scroll area are not visible and not working on latest version of GemRB on Windows 8.1

yes, the game status hasn't changed much — but is always visible on our webpage.

the windows builds are for mice and keyboards, so if you want a more android/ios-like experience, you'll have to compile gemrb itself (with the sdl2 backend). Not sure if that affects our touch support though. The scrollareas were removed in favour of some gesture, though I don't remember the details. Some of your problems may also just be related to win8, since it's so new.

Archived