The playing style against Skull Trap users?

frostysh

Baldur's Gate: EE + SCS

Monsters with double damage difficulty setting.

I have playing BG:EE for some time but right now I have troubles against spell called "Skull Trap" . As for myself I do not using it I preferred "Fireballs" and "Lightning Bolts".

The troubles because of ultimate damage causing by this spell and I know no protecting spells versus it.

==PALADIN 65 Hp== ==Save vs Spell.== ==Ajantis: Death== and that is happens through ~7times reloading in a row.... (the battle versus Krystine the assassin, of course that was an easy fight but still that shows how much powerful "Skull Trap" is)

I did not saw the moment when "Skull Trap" has been successfully made against the party and my party staying alive after it...

This spell have "auto-aim" like many other spells when it made upon target like a NPC or PC players so I cannot hide from it if caster has been started it is creation :( .

Is there any protections from it like a "Protection From Fire" against "Fireball".?

"Death Ward" or "Protection From negative Planes" maybe will work ???

Because without the protections from it this spell looks like an impeding doom... And this is make sad :cry:

Thanx for the answers.

Send a summon. A cleric should be able to cast skeletons... they get destroyed yes, but that's the point of a skeleton shield. There's way to get more than 65 hit points on a warrior... namely not playing on the hard difficulty during level up.. of just using a max HP dice cheat table. Aka, the table is made to be 1d1 +9 for the warriors. :p

The damage the spell does is magical damage, there isn't very many items in BG1 enviroment that protects against that, in BG2, there's the Belt of -whatever- barrier that protects from half. Magic Immunity can protect from 100% of the damage.. about 5 % to 30% of the times. Yeah, that's why the Magical immunity suc#%%&/¤s.

Is there any protections from it like a "Protection From Fire" against "Fireball".?

"Death Ward" or "Protection From negative Planes" maybe will work ???

Because without the protections from it this spell looks like an impeding doom... And this is make sad :cry:

Thanx for the answers.

In BG1 - Potion of Magic Shielding, Protection from Magic scroll, and a potion that makes all spells < level 5 innefective, I don't know it's name. It's blue however. Neither Death Ward nor NPP protect vs Skull Trap. A mage under Minor Globe of Invulnerability can't be harmed by it, so that's also an option.

and a potion that makes all spells < level 6 innefective, I don't know it's name. It's blue however ..

Potion of Magic Blocking, aka potn33.itm . And it's less than 6, cause 6 work, but 5's won't, at least according to the effects, which in some cases could be gone around with a higher power variable.

The hell curse. I though Death Ward or NPP will protect my poor party against it...

I am not a cheater and my DIVINER feels not bad on 9th level with 23 hp (Constitution Tome +1).

I used summons sometime but they was not very useful in addition to that DIVINER cannot use summoning magic so very variant is a DRUID or Wands.

Potion of Magic Blocking

Effect: Immunity to all spells of 5th level and below.

Duration: 5 rounds --- It is sux...

Potion of Magic Shielding

Effect: 50% Magic Resistance to all form of magical attacks. All Saving Throws is automatically successful.

Duration: 3 turn --- Not so bad, but still...

I need to buy this potions max that I can instead. Because with my ~200 game days I have found only 4 PoMB and one PoMS ;/ .

I used Minor Globe ... once and that was a cool spell but suddenly almost useless because enemy AI NPC can penetrate it with some kind of 'the little fireballs' so I need to "Protection From Fire" is pre-used and they taking a target with Skull Trap not my magician but the other characters.

So I have another question - What the potions I can sell safely because of full Potion Case ?

P.o. Infravision, P.o. Perception (because of 120 and 110 Find Traps and Open Lock skill level of my THIEF),

Maybe P.o Defense? P.o Freedom? Red or Violet Potions?

----NEW----

My party has been imprisoned second time by Angelo , how I can escape from prison because I see no Ned inside with his riddles?

To escape from Imprisonment, you need the spell Freedom. You just cast it in the same general vicinity where the person was imprisoned.

I might be wrong about this, but you can buy scrolls of it in various places, including some temples, I think.

You might want to be careful about it though, because there may be a limited number and you might want to save one to give to a mage to get it in their spellbook

Archived