Link to all EET mods?

Why not use the BWS ? (you download the master, extract the .zip, and run the "BiG World setup - update if needed.vbs", or very much alike named file in it). The kerzenburk list was once kinda the origin of it, but it's now far more updated. And it works fully with EET, as long as you have the requirements for EET, aka BG1EE:SoD & BG2EE.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

BWS is slow to download in my house so i'll download here and put the files in the download folder. Will that work?

Thanks to the link.

Yes. Just set the folder to elsewhere than your default download folder, as you don't want to have the 1000 other games mods to be in the BG2 mod folder... just use the link for evil. Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Hey. Recently installed the "Recommended" package and a few additional "green" highlighted and tactical options. Reading the list of mods that Roxanne posted and I don't recall seeing them in Big World Setup. Either that, or they weren't "green" so I figured they weren't good to install (not recommended, buggy, etc..) Any ideas on that?

And is it possible in general to add some NPC companions or maybe even a quest mod that I didn't install at first to a current EET game I started? I'm 10 hours or so in and now wish I had installed some other NPC companions. Any way to do that?

Hey. Recently installed the "Recommended" package and a few additional "green" highlighted and tactical options. Reading the list of mods that Roxanne posted and I don't recall seeing them in Big World Setup. Either that, or they weren't "green" so I figured they weren't good to install (not recommended, buggy, etc..) Any ideas on that?

And is it possible in general to add some NPC companions or maybe even a quest mod that I didn't install at first to a current EET game I started? I'm 10 hours or so in and now wish I had installed some other NPC companions. Any way to do that?

Anything in BWS that is not red and does not give you an error witth another mod can be safely installed. To add NPCs, you need to uninstall EET_end first. It then depends which NPC mod you want to add, some can be added safely, some have additional requirements.

Edited by Roxanne

Anything in BWS that is not red and does not give you an error witth another mod can be safely installed. To add NPCs, you need to uninstall EET_end first. It then depends which NPC mod you want to add, some can be added safely, some have additional requirements.

Thanks Roxanne. I have a few more questions if you don't mind.

As I said, I installed the Recommended package with a few extra things (mostly green items, but also things like SCS "better encounter" type encounters and the like. And a few Friendships, nothing major.) I'm wondering if I can add, say, The Drizzt Saga, or some of the bigger quest mods without spoiling the XP and progression in the game. My biggest fear and main reason I didn't install any of those beyond the Recommended ones was because I thought that the XP could end up broken and I didn't want to outlevel the later content, you know? Are there precautions in place that fix that or something else I'd have to add? Otherwise I'd love to install some of those, too. Are those mods also able to be installed if I uninstall EET_end and then add them?

As I said, I installed the Recommended package with a few extra things (mostly green items, but also things like SCS "better encounter" type encounters and the like. And a few Friendships, nothing major.) I'm wondering if I can add, say, The Drizzt Saga, or some of the bigger quest mods without spoiling the XP and progression in the game. My biggest fear and main reason I didn't install any of those beyond the Recommended ones was because I thought that the XP could end up broken and I didn't want to outlevel the later content, you know? Are there precautions in place that fix that or something else I'd have to add? Otherwise I'd love to install some of those, too. Are those mods also able to be installed if I uninstall EET_end and then add them?

- Anything that installs prior EET in the BG1 part of EET cannot be added afterwards, you need a clean new install for that (everything that is part1 of the compatibility list). The only things that can be installed in a limited way with the method I hinted at are smaller NPC mods from part 2 of the list.

- I would recommend to use EET_Tweaks in order to reduce the XP gain, it takes all the big mods and also additional spawns added by various mods into account, as well as the extra XP you get by having SoD in the game. De-select *max HP on level up* from the game options menu. Use SCS. Play at least Core rules. I have made good experience with such settings to have a balanced game - and I play with all the mods that are feasible. You will still enter SoA at a level or two above normal, but the settings I listed above take care that you are still not overpowered in early BG2.

- Anything that installs prior EET in the BG1 part of EET cannot be added afterwards, you need a clean new install for that (everything that is part1 of the compatibility list). The only things that can be installed in a limited way with the method I hinted at are smaller NPC mods from part 2 of the list.

- I would recommend to use EET_Tweaks in order to reduce the XP gain, it takes all the big mods and also additional spawns added by various mods into account, as well as the extra XP you get by having SoD in the game. De-select *max HP on level up* from the game options menu. Use SCS. Play at least Core rules. I have made good experience with such settings to have a balanced game - and I play with all the mods that are feasible. You will still enter SoA at a level or two above normal, but the settings I listed above take care that you are still not overpowered in early BG2.

Ok, so avoid all in part 1 of that link you gave, awesome, thanks!

So the XP tweaks, etc., can't be made now that I'm in a current game, right? The only thing that can be installed mid-game (possibly) are minor NPC mods?

Edited by fluent

spoiling the XP and progression in the game. My biggest fear and main reason I didn't install any of those beyond the Recommended ones was because I thought that the XP could end up broken and I didn't want to outlevel the later content, you know? Are there precautions in place that fix that or something else I'd have to add? Otherwise I'd love to install some of those, too. Are those mods also able to be installed if I uninstall EET_end and then add them?

It is always difficult to add big things to an existing install, especially older big mods as often install sequence needs to be correct here. Also, if you have SCS or other tweaks, you want them after those mods, so they can capture those files a s well. To change any install afterwards requires some knowledge about mod contents and dependencies. It is possible but you need to do it right. What is *right* is slightly different for various mods, so this is why it is hard to give some global advice here.

spoiling the XP and progression in the game. My biggest fear and main reason I didn't install any of those beyond the Recommended ones was because I thought that the XP could end up broken and I didn't want to outlevel the later content, you know? Are there precautions in place that fix that or something else I'd have to add? Otherwise I'd love to install some of those, too. Are those mods also able to be installed if I uninstall EET_end and then add them?

It is always difficult to add big things to an existing install, especially older big mods as often install sequence needs to be correct here. Also, if you have SCS or other tweaks, you want them after those mods, so they can capture those files a s well. To change any install afterwards requires some knowledge about mod contents and dependencies. It is possible but you need to do it right. What is *right* is slightly different for various mods, so this is why it is hard to give some global advice here.

Got it. I only used BWS, so I'm not sure about install order. Is there any way to have BWS "edit" my original installation to add more things in my current game?

Also, will the XP still be "right" if I'm just using the Recommended package? I'm hoping it will provide a balanced, challenging game up to the end of BG2. I haven't installed EET Tweaks, but I did add all the challenge options of SCS and the like (didn't deactivate any Recommended mods, only activated additional challenge ones on top of that.)

Hmm...what if I uninstall EET_end, add the EET Tweaks (XP caps for BG/SoD/BG2, specifically) and then reinstall EET_end? Will that work?

Edited by fluent