Link to all EET mods?

Got it. I only used BWS, so I'm not sure about install order. Is there any way to have BWS "edit" my original installation to add more things in my current game?

Also, will the XP still be "right" if I'm just using the Recommended package? I'm hoping it will provide a balanced, challenging game up to the end of BG2. I haven't installed EET Tweaks, but I did add all the challenge options of SCS and the like (didn't deactivate any Recommended mods, only activated additional challenge ones on top of that.)

Hmm...what if I uninstall EET_end, add the EET Tweaks (XP caps for BG/SoD/BG2, specifically) and then reinstall EET_end? Will that work?

If you want to change the existing install you CANNOT use BWS for it, the tool only works on clean games and for a complete install. Modifications after BWS install need to be done manually.

For EET_Tweaks - it should be working like you described.

Even, I would not recommend to use XP cap but rather ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2002 // Total XP CAP -> Disabled:

~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // XP for Traps, Spells and Lockpicking -> BG1 values (default):

~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2052 // XP for killing creatures -> Decrease to 50%:

~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2062 // XP for quests -> Decrease to 50%:

Reason is that it is really disappointing to stop XPs after you reach the limit and be stuck there without further rewards until the next game part. Rather reduce the gains throughout and just progress slower. At least this is my personal experiences after years of playing old BGT and now EET. But of course this is a matter of taste.

Edited by Roxanne

Got it. I only used BWS, so I'm not sure about install order. Is there any way to have BWS "edit" my original installation to add more things in my current game?

Also, will the XP still be "right" if I'm just using the Recommended package? I'm hoping it will provide a balanced, challenging game up to the end of BG2. I haven't installed EET Tweaks, but I did add all the challenge options of SCS and the like (didn't deactivate any Recommended mods, only activated additional challenge ones on top of that.)

Hmm...what if I uninstall EET_end, add the EET Tweaks (XP caps for BG/SoD/BG2, specifically) and then reinstall EET_end? Will that work?

If you want to change the existing install you CANNOT use BWS for it, the tool only works on clean games and for a complete install. Modifications after BWS install need to be done manually.

For EET_Tweaks - it should be working like you described.

Even, I would not recommend to use XP cap but rather ~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2002 // Total XP CAP -> Disabled:

~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // XP for Traps, Spells and Lockpicking -> BG1 values (default):

~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2052 // XP for killing creatures -> Decrease to 50%:

~EET_TWEAKS/EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2062 // XP for quests -> Decrease to 50%:

Reason is that it is really disappointing to stop XPs after you reach the limit and be stuck there without further rewards until the next game part. Rather reduce the gains throughout and just progress slower. At least this is my personal experiences after years of playing old BGT and now EET. But of course this is a matter of taste.

Thanks! Very vital information. So, if I manually tweak those 2 non-default settings of EET Tweaks, they will start working in my current save game? I'm level 4 or so, 20 hours in. Hoping to slow it down a bit, especially for late game.

So, if I manually tweak those 2 non-default settings of EET Tweaks, they will start working in my current save game?

Yep.

Well, to be specific, the creature XP won't lower the XP gained from creatures that have populated the maps you have been already... so killing a Greater Basilisk after ALREADY visiting the area, will net you the 7000xp, but if you have not or rest in there and new one materialises, then you should get 3500xp.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

So, if I manually tweak those 2 non-default settings of EET Tweaks, they will start working in my current save game?

Yep.

Well, to be specific, the creature XP won't lower the XP gained from creatures that have populated the maps you have been already... so killing a Greater Basilisk after ALREADY visiting the area, will net you the 7000xp, but if you have not or rest in there and new one materialises, then you should get 3500xp.

Awesome! :thumbsup:

Question though. I never remembered BG having so many random encounters and respawns. That's working by design, right? And I'm noticing Xvarts and Gnolls, etc., seem to be getting a bit stronger, even the base "regular" ones. But maybe that's my imagination. :love:

Going to alter the XP tweaks now. You guys rock! :tut:

Question though. I never remembered BG having so many random encounters and respawns. That's working by design, right? And I'm noticing Xvarts and Gnolls, etc., seem to be getting a bit stronger, even the base "regular" ones. But maybe that's my imagination. :love:

Counter question, do you save a lot ? And then move around going back to the same spots... or save a lot, and then encounter the many monsters as a hoard. Yeah, that happens in BGT too... it's not purely by design, but by lack of a BG1->to->BG2 engine feature, as the respawn field doesn't find if it's filled/occupied before it (re-)spawns... but it checks if the player is there to prevents the spawn. :p

Counter question, do you save a lot ? And then move around going back to the same spots... or save a lot, and then encounter the many monsters as a hoard. Yeah, that happens in BGT too... it's not purely by design, but by lack of a BG1->to->BG2 engine feature, as the respawn field doesn't find if it's filled/occupied before it (re-)spawns... but it checks if the player is there to prevents the spawn. :p

Hmm, I see. I'm installing EET Tweaks now and I'm wondering if I should add the No Respawns component then. Is that recommended?

If you like hoards, then no... but ... it depends, if you like to clear all the monsters everywhere, then you want to install that. But then they just hide :mwaha::mwaha::mwaha::mwaha: ...
That again won't affect the areas you have already visited, but should fix the ones you have not.

Have you been in the area before ? Also the game populizes the areas in some random ways. Aka, the Golem might have already existed in the save game when you are in the master area(same Worldmap spot).

Right, I just realized that and came back here to report it, lol. I checked a new spawn area and it worked perfectly! Good stuff. :)

Thanks again for the help. Now I might have to try and figure out which small NPC mods weren't added with the Recommended package, and then add those in too, now that I know how to edit the install a bit. :jump:

Have you been in the area before ? Also the game populizes the areas in some random ways. Aka, the Golem might have already existed in the save game when you are in the master area(same Worldmap spot).

Right, I just realized that and came back here to report it, lol. I checked a new spawn area and it worked perfectly! Good stuff. :)

Thanks again for the help. Now I might have to try and figure out which small NPC mods weren't added with the Recommended package, and then add those in too, now that I know how to edit the install a bit. :jump:

If you want to add NPCs you can only add those from the part 2 of the mod list, i.e. those that are installed after EET and do not require patching. And you need to do the EET_end uninstall/reinstall for them.

If you want to add NPCs you can only add those from the part 2 of the mod list, i.e. those that are installed after EET and do not require patching. And you need to do the EET_end uninstall/reinstall for them.

Thanks! I may add a few if I can figure out which ones weren't already installed...

Really wish I could have added more area/big/quest mods before starting. Didn't think about it enough at the time, I could have added more and just either turned down XP gain or set caps to compensate. Blahhh... Wish there would be a way to add that stuff after starting a game...

Quick question. Since some of the NPC mods in part 2, Roxanne, add new areas/quests, like the Foundlings NPC or Longer Road EET, does that exclude those from being able to be added to a current save game?

Edited by fluent

Thanks! I may add a few if I can figure out which ones weren't already installed...

Really wish I could have added more area/big/quest mods before starting. Didn't think about it enough at the time, I could have added more and just either turned down XP gain or set caps to compensate. Blahhh... Wish there would be a way to add that stuff after starting a game...

Quick question. Since some of the NPC mods in part 2, Roxanne, add new areas/quests, like the Foundlings NPC or Longer Road EET, does that exclude those from being able to be added to a current save game?

You can add mods with areas but not those that add areas to the worldmap, because they will not appear on the saved worldmap but only on a map in a newly started game.

Longer Road adds one map but it is internal to Warchers Keep, so there is no problem here.

Foundling I do not know.

You can add mods with areas but not those that add areas to the worldmap, because they will not appear on the saved worldmap but only on a map in a newly started game.

Longer Road adds one map but it is internal to Warchers Keep, so there is no problem here.

Foundling I do not know.

Ah, cool. What about the djinni companion mod, do you know that one off the top? It also adds quests, though, so wouldn't that possibly screw my save game up?

Ah, cool. What about the djinni companion mod, do you know that one off the top? It also adds quests, though, so wouldn't that possibly screw my save game up?

The djinni adds only indoor areas so no problem with worldmap. It is a complex mod, so I cannot answer that in full - the author Argent77 is very active round here, so best ask him directly.