Romantic Encounters: accepting submissions

Kulyok

You always wanted to write a romance or an NPC mod, but you'd like to start small?

There's an erotic scene that doesn't want to leave your head?

You think you've got what it takes to write a good romantic adventure?

If you have a fully written, fully coded and working encounter, please, PM me, Kulyok.

If you'd like to discuss your idea for an encounter, please, post here on the forums.

Okay ignore this post if a) no longer needing ideas b) topic is dated 'dude' c) I really don't have time for this right now. All others read on and say what you think ...you know you want to.

I was thinking it would be fun to do something with Mistress Jeanne and her 'Tent' just outside of Trademeet. Off the top of my head it would entail a recruitment of talent (male and female; you choose who shows up to 'tryout'). Once you decide you have everybody, head to Mistress Jeanne to start the 'audition process' with individual 'interview's'.

Writing wise I was thinking of the participants ranging in personalities from the normal (I'm a fine looking strumpet, ain't I?) to the humorous (shows up thinking it was an acting audition, auditions, is shocked/suprised when you tell them what they are really there for ...you get the idea). Different personalities with different reactions basically.

Maybe even different writers taking on individual NPC dialogs and combining them into the one package. 'Mistress Jeanne's Tent of Titallating Talent' ... okay maybe that's a pathetic name but it was off the top of my head so a little slack please? :)

I think I could write something like this (though I do like the idea of many writers) but I never have and I'm not sure I could code it (everything I've read says to start off small) so I thougth I would put this up and see what people think. Who knows maybe someone with more experience than me (read that as any) might take to it and want to work with it.

Anyway that's the basic rough outline of it.

edited: due to bad spelling...again

Guest anonamoose

As the resident lurker, I gotta give the shout-out about the mandatory Keldorn one-night-stand. I mean, it must be made. I am not confident that I can capture his personality, but I think the gist would be that he is so sexually frustrated without his wife that he breaks his paladin resolve and requests a night with a female PC. Whether you reject him or go whole hog, he'd invariably pull the "never talk about this, it never happened" card. Oh well.

That's for Romantic Encounters mod or for Wishful Thinking mod? :band: Though we're pretty much pushing the boundaries with some encounters already, so, I guess a "CHARNAME! I'm coming!" from Keldorn won't be that groundbreaking.

Anyway! If you have an idea - please, feel free to write about it in a new topic, if you'd like to have a discussion, and so that your idea won't get lost in this topic.

If you'd rather just go and write an encounter(which this thread is all about ;) ) - please, do, and send me your samples when you're finished. If you're know how to code in .d, that's even better. Otherwise, I'm pressed for time, but when I'm done with my other obligations, I will code stuff for RE v3.

And, an important note for those writers who cannot code: please, start and finish your dialogue states with this symbol: "~". An example:

~<CHARNAME>, you look beautiful tonight. Allow me to lead you to the table.~

PC: ~Of course.~

PC: ~I am not hungry. A dance, perhaps?~

PC: ~I hate you. Go away and don't come back.~

It needs a long preamble, something like the Longer Road - and re-writing the mod again just to add a "bed me" sequence in the end doesn't seem to be worth it.

(This is the cue for Jason to appear and to say it wasn't worth it even the first time.)

I liked the Longer Road - the only bit I didn't like was destroying Irenicus' memory and personality afterwards. What is the point of redemption, if nobody is left to be redeemed? (By the way, Passing through Gethsemane reflects on this, as well - I watched it only this week; but don't mind me.)

I wasn't satisfied with Edwin Romance taking away his wenching and his lawful evil-ness, so I did a short take which was, no doubt, just as subjunctive. :band: But I've got no such designs about Irenicus at the moment. (And certainly NOT if it involves Ellesime - gosh, I can't believe Fixpack restored her Lawful Good alignment, despite my arguments to the contrary. Which lawful good ruler enforces lifelong torture and throws the safety of his/her subjects to the winds, at the same time unleashing a powerful danger for other cities and nations?)

Ahem. Anyway. I can split the topic if you like. ;)

Guest Anonamoose

Eh, I don't see that all possibilities with Irenicus would need a particular backstory. I'm thinking that a PC's dialogue choice could trigger Irenicus' fetish for Bhaalspawn. A tad cheesy, of course, but each of the Romantic Encounters are optional.

(This is the cue for Jason to appear and to say it wasn't worth it even the first time.)

(*demonic summoning foom*)

Well, yeah.

Better remarks for me to make here:

1. Do you really need a long preamble? Why not just ask him for a quick one before the big RotF sequence? Last request of the condemned, that sort of thing. Would it really be that much more of a stretch?

2. Longer Redemption already provides a "romance" of Irenicus as far as I'm concerned...

3. ...but if you need it to be more explicit, gosh if this isn't an opportune time to revive the old "modding a mod" discussion.

I wouldn't want an encounter with a redeemed, sissy Irencius rip-off. Irenicus is only sexy when/because he is evil.

I ehm..well.. no, just.. no.

And to provide some rational reasoning: It doesn't play well with some plot points; specificly Imoen mentioning that Irenicus is beyond pleasure when they discover the clone of Ellesime in his dungeon and Imoen mentioning that Irenicus still loves Ellesime in the aforementioned dungeon.

Guest Anonamoose
I ehm..well.. no, just.. no.

And to provide some rational reasoning: It doesn't play well with some plot points; specificly Imoen mentioning that Irenicus is beyond pleasure when they discover the clone of Ellesime in his dungeon and Imoen mentioning that Irenicus still loves Ellesime in the aforementioned dungeon.

How narrow-minded you are! You can love someone but be aroused for someone else, and be asexual but curious about how it'd feel to have sex with a Bhaalspawn. Either of these I can see as possibilities for Irenicus. Anyway, if someone does come up with the mod, you don't have to download it.

How easy to attack someone when you decide to stay anonymous..

First, I'm a writer for this mod, so it does concern me, second; I'm not inclined based on story points and my personal moral to write this. But if you think you have the talent to write this, then by all means, propose it to Kulyok instead of attacking people.

Guest Anonamoose

First, I'm a writer for this mod, so it does concern me, second; I'm not inclined based on story points and my personal moral to write this. But if you think you have the talent to write this, then by all means, propose it to Kulyok instead of attacking people.

Now now, the fact that I'm not fond of smilies doesn't mean that I didn't mean a ' :) .' Rather, I think this mod is mostly about exploiting the romantic possibilities. No shutting off the borders to a romance pre-maturely! ...And let's not be taking it too seriously.

Now now, the fact that I'm not fond of smilies doesn't mean that I didn't mean a ' :) .' Rather, I think this mod is mostly about exploiting the romantic possibilities. No shutting off the borders to a romance pre-maturely! ...And let's not be taking it too seriously.

Then I'd suggest you change your attitude..

Archived