Am I the only one who checks here frequently?

I mean, I know it's been a while, but I've been checking in here for what feels like a long ass time (Two years this April) and I kinda feel bad that I never post, but still want an update as soon as possible.

So, I decided for once to ask the modders what is the state of this project currently?

Version 4 of the romance pack was released last year. It includes flirts for Sand for a PC of either gender. I am currently playing through NWN2 again, looking for good dialogue insertion points for Sand's romance dialogue.

Unfortunately, Domi has retired from the project. Her Neeshka romance was partially (mostly?) completed and she was willing to share it. If she gives the go ahead, I will code what isn't coded and include it in the mod. I will write to her again to ask for the file, but she may have reconsidered.

Was there a specific area you wanted updated?

Thanks for the response. I was just thinking of the project in general. I specifically was most curious about the Neeshka part, however I enjoyed the project as a whole, so I was just curious for any news on it. And while trying to read through two years worth of updates, I realized that all information I had was confusing to comprehend because it would require knowledge of what happened when and where. Anyway, yay for Sand! I love his character soooo much. A tiny bit less then Neeshka, but I love him lots! Though, I must admit, I hate having to choose between him and Qara. I love both of their characters. But if the mod does contain a Sand romance, I'm totally doing it.

We're still a couple of months out from having something to offer for beta. More than 75% of the dialogue is coded, but I do have to code the rest and run an alpha test to make sure all the variables close properly. But sooner rather than later. NWN2 dialogue coding goes quick.

No, you're not the only one checking! I check here all the time, too. :) I, for one, can't WAIT to romance Sand and romance him GOOD. But anything else for this game would be great.

My only problem is that it seems so long and so hard. Uh...no pun intended. Right now I am confused about upgrading the fortress and have stopped playing for awhile to focus on all the new NPC mods for BG2. But I want to get back, likely start another game, and this time finish. But boy, is it a LONG game. New content and character interactions, especially some loving, really help me go along and not get frustrated.

Thank you for your, as always, kind and quick responses, Berelinde.

The Neeshka flirts are in, but the romance talks await coding. Domi sent me the files, and I'm gradually getting them coded. Because my life is crazy, it's taking longer than the month I originally estimated, but it won't be years. It isn't as if I have to do any writing here, just coding.

YAY for it not being years.

But since I have no idea how to code anything, I'll take your word on it being easier then writing the thing. I personally do all the writing for storyline and leave it to my mod coworkers to program it.

But most importantly YAY for not being years!

Archived