NPC preset levels question

NPC LEVEL

18 replies to this topic

#16 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6626 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:01 AM

... so in fact large amounts of area scripts aren't showing up for me.

Some of them don't have real one even though it's assigned... but more importantly; What version of NI do you use ? And what is your override file location ? To find out in NI, just open up the Options -> Show Override Files -> xxx

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 17 April 2016 - 08:03 AM.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#17 pancakewizard

pancakewizard
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:06 AM

Sorry I took a while to get back to you:

NI version is 1.33 beta 20

This is what the BCS folder looks like (and it's pointed to the game folder in the Steam directory, as is DLTCEP). Notice the jump in numbers for the files. Override folder is in that directory within the steam folder.

I've got access to everything else, so it's not a location issue.

#18 lynx

lynx
  • Modders
  • 3092 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:12 AM

Like I said, she's embedded in the area.

GemRB - IE anywhere.
Mages needed! Looking for Planescape: Torment testers
Market android version IS NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE: reported bugs will be ignored! Still looking for builders ...

#19 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6626 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:20 AM

Yeah, if you look the ar*.are files, where the * is a 4 digit number, you'll see that each of the first two digit area's, ar3300.are for example is a major area, the ar3301.are and so on, are minor areas, and it jumps to ar3400.are at some point. That's how the files are stored. Here's the exact facts actually.

The v1.33 beta 20 is not supporting the EE games... well the new file formats and what ever else... the last snapshot can be acquired from here, further details can be read from here.... not that it matters much on this case(that's an opinion, mine, I could be totally wrong).

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NPC, LEVEL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users