The Haer'Dalis reading list

Eyreequel

O Captain! My Captain! This is what I found about Doomguard and vampirization/death/resurrection:

More than the vampirization itself, tha fact that could actually astonish or annoy HD is that the pc take his resurrection to heart! For someone who belive that death & Co. are, more than a natural part of life, the meaning itself of existance, an arassment vs. it would be unjustifiable.

IMO his reaction would varies according to the pc's previous dialogue with him, maybe this can be a good point to have him changing his point of view on life (and love  :D  ):

- light filtr: anger, maybe he turns against the pc?

- romance based on "he worshipping the pc": [Charname] can explain him that the best hasn't yet come and that she needs an araldo for her future undertaking.

- serious relationship: just one thing: "Good luck my dear [Charname]! :D

Doomguards do not have a official line about the undead (maybe it's more for the Dusties) but seeing the chaos that a coven of vampire has sprung through Athkatla they would be very delighted in taking part in it...

The only point that "could" not match their philosophy is the "immortality" that the vampire state garants...  :D  but considering that for them the end is only a matter of time... dunno, I belive that a dg would be glad of the occasion offered, that's all

:D

Haha!  Should've known you'd be on top of things.  Glad to be of almost help.  :D

@Mystic: wise of you to keep the cant down for those who aren't familiar with it.  Have you all considered actually having a dialogue where the PC asks H'D about his diction, and he could explain a little of his background that way?  That of course could also lead into a nice string of cant madness for the planescape fans....mwahahaha...and you guys are doing a great job, :D esp. for resurrecting the old Bioware quests(YAH!).  now must go rifle through planescape links.... :D

I LIKE IT!

I think that is a marvellous idea, the PC asking HD about (maybe not his diction, but maybe Sigil?) and having him add a few things in. I will keep it with some of the more well known words, again for those unfamiliar with planar cant, but it would be nice to have something in the mod for hardcore planescape fans as well.

Clever, clever you!

Archived