Bug reports in v30

The only good solution ...

No, it's not. You can set the attacks to be different kinds, and just randomly allocate which one to use first. This way if one fails the next one shouldn't. This is on the hard enemies, the others ...

And if it's a fire (creature), and the party is immune to fire attacks, well --- there's nothing the creature can really expect to do, just try to burn them anyways... it shouldn't matter if the whole party is immune to the fire. Now of course if they are more than immune to the element the specific monster is maid out of, then it should be checking that element and nothing else.

So relatively in most cases, it has nothing to do with detecting what the player has. Add in a item (location) randomize and you are kinda set. Also to note, the items should be balanced so you know they only provide one kind of protections. And maybe cover the saves more, and less elements. As a +50% fire protection has the same effect on vanilla char as a +20 bonus vs. breath, while if the char has 60% protection via some other means, well the creature boned in the first case, while the second just reduces the damage output a bit.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I have SCS installed on BG2EE on a macbook pro, and on my install, secret word does not seem to dispel spell deflection (I have not tested other antimagic vs spell protections), but I suspect it's the same.

When I cast at a spell deflection protected target, there is no text in the console log. When I follow up with a breach, it says spell ineffective.

Here is my weidu:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> No Restrictions (Baldurdash): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Can Be Angry About Reputation but Never Leave (Salk): v16
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3123 // NPCs Don't Fight: v16
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension Core (requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20161205
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20161205
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20161205
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20161205
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20161205
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB): v1.51 BETA BWP 20161205
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #101 // Ascension Portraits - Bodhi: v1.51 BETA BWP 20161205
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #102 // Ascension Portraits - Original Balthazar by Cuv: v1.51 BETA BWP 20161205
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #103 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers by David Gaider: v1.51 BETA BWP 20161205
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #104 // Extended Epilogues for Bioware NPCs by shawne: v1.51 BETA BWP 20161205
~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #105 // Extended Epilogues for Beamdog NPCs by shawne: v1.51 BETA BWP 20161205
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1910 // Protection from Normal Missiles also blocks Arrows of Fire/Cold/Acid and similar projectiles without pluses: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2041 // Modify the Harm spell so it does damage rather than reducing target to 1 hp -> Enemy and player Harm spells both do 150 hp of damage: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Allow individual versions of Spell Immunity to be placed into Contingencies and Spell Triggers: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Make Minute Meteors into +2 weapons: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Slightly weaken insect plague spells, and let fire shields block them: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Slightly increase the power of Mantle, Improved Mantle, and Absolute Immunity: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Make spell sequencers, spell triggers, and contingencies learnable by all mages: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Add an extra copy of some hard-to-find spell scrolls: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // True Sight/True Seeing spells protect from magical blindness: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove the Shield of Balduran from the game: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove the invisibility power of the Staff of the Magi: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Grant large, flying, non-solid or similar creatures protection from Web and Entangle: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4180 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6021 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to spellcasters -> Only selected spellcasters in Throne of Bhaal and Shadows of Amn get HLAs: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages -> Mages cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests -> Priests cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6102 // Potions for NPCs -> Half the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6500 // Improved golems: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6510 // Improved fiends -> Fiends have about 50 percent more hit points than normal: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6520 // Smarter genies -> Genies have about 50 percent more hit points than normal: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6530 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials have about 50 percent more hit points than normal: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6540 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons have a substantial hit point increase: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6551 // Smarter beholders -> Don't give beholder rays any chance of burning through spell protections; beholder antimagic blocks all spells, including harmful ones, for a round (simulates D&D rules): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6562 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have only original-game resistances; Illithids cannot see invisible enemies (matches original game): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6570 // Smarter githyanki: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6580 // Improved Vampires: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6590 // Smarter Throne of Bhaal final villain: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6800 // Smarter Illasera: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6810 // Smarter Gromnir: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6820 // Smarter Yaga-Shura: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6830 // Smarter Abazigal: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6840 // Give Ascension versions of Irenicus and Sendai SCS scripts and abilities: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6850 // Give Ascension demons SCS scripts and abilities: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8020 // Spellcasting Demiliches: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8050 // Improved Random Encounters: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8060 // Improved de'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Spirit trolls have the same powers as in the original game: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8070 // Improved Unseeing Eye: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8080 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> "Toned-down" version of the original Tactics Improved Bodhi, with SCSII scripting: v30
// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8090 // Party's items are taken from them in Spellhold: v30
// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8100 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v30
// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8110 // Improved Sahuagin: v30
// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8120 // Improved Beholder hive (adapted from Quest Pack): v30
// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8140 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Upgrade Ust Natha's defences: v30
// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8150 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v30
// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8160 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v30
// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8170 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v30
// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8180 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v30
// Recently Uninstalled: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8190 // Improved Minor Encounters: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8100 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8110 // Improved Sahuagin: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8120 // Improved Beholder hive (adapted from Quest Pack): v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8140 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Upgrade Ust Natha's defences: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8150 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8160 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8170 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8180 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v30
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8190 // Improved Minor Encounters: v30
Edited by yingusxiaous

I have SCS installed on BG2EE on a macbook pro, and on my install, secret word does not seem to dispel spell deflection (I have not tested other antimagic vs spell protections), but I suspect it's the same.

Is the target someone or something particular ? Or is it VS everyone. The more info you give, the more likely it's that this is solvable.

Erhm:

[setup-stratagems] WeiDU version 23700\par
ERROR: Cannot perform auto-update, going ahead anyway!\par
Sys_error("setup-stratagems: No such file or directory")\par
Using Language [English]\par
\par
Using .\\lang\\en_us/dialog.tlk\par
\par
Installing [initialise mod (all other components require this)] [v30]\par
loading 1 tra file\par
loading 1 tra file\par

Is this on a emulator ? Or on Mac/Linux.

And did you start the game before you installed mods to it ?

Is this a game you have played for a while ? Cause the "BWP 20161205" is older than I would expect it to be.

And the BWS should have moved on to the Tweaks Anniversary edition already these days.

That and the weidu.exe you have is a bit old, as the current one is v242...

OK. I'd like to move on those issues.

1. It's a fairly new purchase actually. Just a month or so old.

2. I have downloaded v242 of WeiDU. How do I install? Where? (I know very little about CMD prompts & programming.)

3. I have downloaded BigWorldSetup-bigworldsetup-128771de9e24. After installing, I get the screen showing it requires a new install without mods for the backup. I'm mid-game and don't want to do that. (I assume my saved games won't work well with a new non-modded install.) So, how can I update things mid-game without blowing things up? Lost cause, or partial fix possible?

Thanks

OK. I'd like to move on those issues.

1. It's a fairly new purchase actually. Just a month or so old.

2. I have downloaded v242 of WeiDU. How do I install? Where? (I know very little about CMD prompts & programming.)

3. I have downloaded BigWorldSetup-bigworldsetup-128771de9e24. After installing, I get the screen showing it requires a new install without mods for the backup. I'm mid-game and don't want to do that. (I assume my saved games won't work well with a new non-modded install.) So, how can I update things mid-game without blowing things up? Lost cause, or partial fix possible?

Thanks

1. You cannot change your game setup on a large scale with BWS midgame.(Lost cause)

2. You do not install weidu. You just have it in your game folder and other mods or functions use weidu for their operations.

3. You can install manually individual mods by extracting them to your game folder and running their setup-xxxmod.exe (this uses the weidu). - it depends on which mod you install this way whether it can be used with your saves or not, mods do various things and some work with saves and some not. It also depends on how far into the game you are.

2. You do not install weidu. You just have it in your game folder and other mods or functions use weidu for their operations.

3. You can install manually individual mods by extracting them to your game folder and running their setup-xxxmod.exe (this uses the weidu). -

Your explanation is very much lacking the fact that the setup-modname(.exe on PC) is the weidu(.exe on PC), which DOESN*T meant that "You do not install weidu. You just have it in your game folder and other mods or functions use weidu for their operations.", when you actually can "install" it, as it auto updates the rest of the setup-modfiles by just running it(at least of PC) as that runs the autoupdate.. Previous this, just like the BWS does, it's not recommended to install a thing, as you should install all the mods with the same version of the weidu. As you should just extract the files to the game folder, not run them.

So about that antimagic not working on spell protections bug -- I can repro it on my windows install. The only slightly questionable thing I did was use the SCS hotfix instead of the BigWorld Fixpack. Could that be it? For what it's worth, I checked on my old school BG2 classic SCS17 install, and I get the whole "Spell protections dispelled" etc lines in the console. So it seems legit.

I might have a little time to poke at it this weekend...is there a SCS public github repo? I have no experience IE modding, but I'm a software engineer by trade, and quite happy to dig in.

Edited by yingusxiaous

I have been trying a new install of the BG Series using BGEE, BGEE SoD, BG2EE and EET on OSX. I have installed BGEE and BG2EE, but wanted to do a fresh install with SoD and EET. There are a couple of workarounds to make the various mods work with EET, but I kept getting error with SCS. First time was during the the Smarter General AI component. Then when I tried to install SCS again it would hiccup on the first component. So, I uninstalled all of the games and mods, reinstalled, started the process again got to SCS and it had an error again. So, I uninstalled again .... reinstalled and this time just tried SCS on clean BG2EE. Worked fine using subltedoctor's hot fix and NOT the BiG World Fixpack. So, once again I went through the whole process. This time unpacking SCS after I ran the BiG World Fixpack, included subtle doctor's hotfix and SCS crashed again. This time on the Ease of Use component. Grrrr.

Here is my install order based off forum posts for EET and the BWP PDF:
BGEE
BGEE SoD
BGIIEE
BGEE Mods (1)
BG1NPC
BG1NPC Music
BG1NPCs
BG1 Unfinished Business *all
EET
Ascension
BGE Mini Quests and Encounters *all
Lure of the Siren’s Call
Assassinations
Back to Brynnlaw
Amber
Kivan
Angelo
Isra
Kelsey/Tashia
Keto
de’Arnise Romance
Imoen Romance
Crossmod Banter
Unfinished Business
Alternatives
The Wheels of Prophecy
Dungeon Be Gone
IWDification
Divine Remix
Song & Silence
Rogue Rebalancing
WSR
Refinements
CDTweaks
SCS
I unpacked SCS after running BiG Fixpack like I did in my previous test installing SCS into BG2EE by itself (which was successful). This time it had an error when installing Ease of Use AI. 2nd time it acted up at this step.
Including and running function(s) ease_of_use_ai
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[stratagems/ease/ease_of_use_ai.tpa] loaded, 500 bytes
Copied [stratagems/ease/ease_of_use_ai.tpa] to [stratagems_external/workspace/ease_of_use_ai.tpa]
Compiling 1 script ...
ERROR: error loading [stratagems_external/workspace/ssl_out/0dw#gen.baf]
ERROR: compiling [stratagems_external/workspace/ssl_out/0dw#gen.baf]!
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR Installing [Ease-of-use party AI], rolling back to previous state

So about that antimagic not working on spell protections bug again -- the source of the problem is Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility (I know that the spell no longer works on teammates under these conditions, but it was also failing on hostile enemies). Removing the component fixes everything (though of course, I will henceforth be relying on true sight and thief detect illusions more.

I skipped Ease of Use AI because of the the error, tried to install again and then got an error during Smarter General AI. This has happened three times at this spot now. Also, saw another poster have an issue with Smarter General AI.

Install Component [smarter general AI]?

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i

Installing [smarter general AI] [v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility]

Appending to files ...

Including and running function(s) genai

Including file(s) genai_shared.tph deployment.tph

Including file(s) hla.tph

Reading in initial data about weapons

SFO: Cloning CRE file(s) BEARBR=>PLYBEAR1 BEARBL=>PLYBEAR2 JELLMU=>PLYJELL1 and applying patch(es)...

...done

SFO: Applying patch(es) to CRE file(s) WOLFCHAR PLYSPID PLYWYVRN PLYSALA WEREWODR WEREGRDR

DRUFIR01 DRUEAR01 PLYFLIND PLYOGRE PLYWOLF SHMIND SHIRON

SHTROLL SHWOLF SHFIRE SHEARTH POLYRAT PLYTROLL POLYOCHR...

...done

SFO: Applying patch(es) to SPL file(s) SPCL611...

...done

SFO: Applying patch(es) to SPL file(s) SPCL613...

...done

SFO: Applying patch(es) to SPL file(s) SPWI496...

...done

SFO: Applying patch(es) to SPL file(s) SPWI497...

...done

SFO: Applying patch(es) to SPL file(s) SPWI498...

...done

Compiling 1 script ...

ERROR: error loading [stratagems_external/workspace/ssl_out/dw#summe.baf]

ERROR: compiling [stratagems_external/workspace/ssl_out/dw#summe.baf]!

ERROR Installing [smarter general AI], rolling back to previous state