IR Revised V1.2.1 (2018 October 15th)

237 replies to this topic

#196 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK

I stopped study at middle school

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:01 PM

is it BGvanilla behaviour that almost all cloaks/rings/girdles/amulets/braces are not  usable by wizar slayer ?

Edited by DrAzTiK, 20 September 2018 - 03:06 PM.

#197 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6790 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:09 PM

is it BGvanilla behaviour that almost all cloaks/rings/girdles/amulets/braces are not  usable by wizar slayer ?

Yep. Yes, only armor and weapons should be "allowed", by what ever slayer school they go through.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#198 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:13 PM

Damn, very huge drawback for this class O_o (even with kit revision imo)

#199 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 03:26 PM

can you tell me if my install order looks correct on BG2 EE :

ascension

BG2 unfinished bsiness
The Wheels of Prophecy

kit revision
spell revision

item revisions : MAIN COMPONENT ?
Rogue rebalancing 
item revisions : OTHER COMPONENTS?

Tweaks Anthology
Sword coast stratagems
Atweaks

I am asking myself about rogue rebalancing mod especially...

#200 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus
  • Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 04:32 PM

Think Rogue Rebalancing is supposed to be after SR, before IR, though I'm not sure what practical difference it makes - it's just the recommended order, I believe. I also don't know where KR is supposed to be, but I imagine that's fine where it is.

Edited by Bartimaeus, 22 September 2018 - 04:32 PM.

#201 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:30 AM

thanks !

#202 kreso

kreso
  • Modders
  • 2674 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:59 AM

Damn, very huge drawback for this class O_o (even with kit revision imo)

The restriction doesn't exist with kit revisions, WS can use all items a fighter can (apart heavy armor). Just be sure to install KR after main IR component.

Also, unless something is changed in Bartimaeus' versions , SR should always go after IR. 

#203 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:47 AM

SR after IR ? for what reasons ? and where do you place rogue rebalancing ?

#204 kreso

kreso
  • Modders
  • 2674 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:54 AM

SR uses (at least did, the last I checked) mass patching of items to check and assign for immunites, protections etc. Example, you'll get no petrification protection on your items if you install IR after SR.

#205 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus
  • Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:26 AM

Also, unless something is changed in Bartimaeus' versions , SR should always go after IR.

The recommended install order, as far as I know, has always been to install SR before IR (and it's what the BWP/S does as well). That's why IR, Revised or not, has SR-specific stuff that's installed if it detects SR is installed (both in the main component and Store Revisions), and not the other way around. I've fixed (via patching) those sorts of sectype problems (petrification, slow, haste...) AFAIK. So non-Revised IR has some problems with those sectypes if you install it after SR, but it would have other inconsistencies if you install it afterwards, too. IRR, on the other hand, should definitely be installed after SR.

Edited by Bartimaeus, 24 September 2018 - 09:39 AM.

#206 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:11 AM

ok thank you for confirmation. My install order will something like that :

spell revision
item revision MAIN component
kit revision
rogue rebalancing
item revision OTHER component

tweak anthology
SCS

Edited by DrAzTiK, 25 September 2018 - 01:14 AM.

#207 Wyrd

Wyrd
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:58 PM

Small bug

If you don't install the component "revised critical hit aversion" some helmets are patched anyway to not grant immunity to critical hits.

#208 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus
  • Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 11:23 AM

Seems to be a bug with the original IR that I never spotted, and seems to mostly (but not exclusively) affect non-magical helmets. Thanks. ...Although non-magical helmets don't grant AC without that component, so hilariously, most non-magical helmets were doing literally nothing this entire time if you weren't using that component. :p

Interestingly, even though I do have that component installed, something has nevertheless re-enabled the "toggle critical protection" flag on all of my helms. I'll have to discover what.

Edited by Bartimaeus, 27 September 2018 - 03:44 PM.

#209 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6790 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 27 September 2018 - 01:59 PM

Seems to be a bug with the original IR that I never spotted, and seems to mostly (but not exclusively) affect non-magical helmets. Thanks. ...Although non-magical helmets don't grant AC without that component, so hilariously, most non-magical helmets were doing literally nothing this entire time if you weren't using that component. :p

Interestingly, even though I do have that component installed, something has nevertheless re-enabled the "toggle critical protection" flag on all of my helms. I'll have to discover what.

You do understand that if the component is not installed, the game option that removes criticals hit double damage if the character is wearing a pot in their head is on by default. So the helms are doing a LOTs. As it disables that.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#210 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus
  • Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 03:29 PM

What? Did I not just confirm Wyrd's bug report that some helmets (erroneously) do not correctly avert critical hits even if that subcomponent is not installed? So that if you installed IRR without this subcomponent, some helms would not grant critical hit protection OR bonus AC. Did you check IRR's helmxx.itms to see if that was the case? Because I did, and I saw that some were incorrectly set (most likely my fault - second paragraph). I don't know for sure how it works with the EEs, but if you install ToBEx on a non-EE game (and I think most everybody does these days), Configurable Critical Hit Aversion=1 in TobExCore.ini is always defaulted to on. So...some helms would not be working correctly.

My previous post was actually somewhat incorrect, though: I decided to take a look at ToBEx's explanation of its configurable critical hit aversion setting, and I was actually getting it backwards. Helms should not have the flag set if they give protection against critical hits, while all other types of items should if they do. So it was actually the opposite for IRR: most non-magical helms were giving protection against critical hits, while most magical helms were not. Whoops. V1.15b will be coming out shortly to rectify this issue.

Edited by Bartimaeus, 27 September 2018 - 07:27 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users