Statusbar Problems

Orions_Stardom

This is primarily a reminder for myself that I need to look into why the statusbar isn't repainting during a build. I have a feeling that the solution is to multi-thread the app, which would also give us the option of a Cancel button. I've been wanting to look into SwiXML for a while for maintenance reasons (every time I add a widget to the GUI, something breaks). I have a feeling that it would handle threading and synchronisation for us, but I mean to make sure of this before I go re-writing half of MIT again.

I'm stupid sometimes. I rewrote the GUI in SwiXML - didn't work. I fiddled round with threading - didn't work. I changed progress.paintImmediately(progress.getBounds()); to progress.revalidate(); - it worked.

Atleast I wanted to look at SwiXML anyway, although since I'm static linking, it more than doubled the size of the JAR...

Ok, it was basically a coincidence that it was working on my system when I tested, and now it's stopped again. Damn. But I've looked into this a bit more, and I'm in the process of fixing it properly using javax.swing.SwingWorker, to /really/ run all of the create-the-clone stuff on a different thread to the update-the-gui stuff. This will also give us a Cancel button.

Archived