PnP Celestials

1. the monadic deva simply shows a fist in its weapon slot instead of its +3 weapon icon (and name).

Fixed.

2. the planetar wielding the +4 weapon is named "Flaming Long Sword +1" for some reason (if installed with the bg2 fixpack). if the fixpack is not installed, the weapon doesn't even have a name beerchug.gif

Fixed.

3. even though both the deva and the planetar have the same duration (i.e. 4 rounds + 1 round / level), the deva's seems to expire much faster.

This is fine AFAICT.

also, there seems to be some incompatibility with the fixpack's core component. every time any of the celestials hit some creature, you'd get some garbled string in the dialog window.

"Astral Deva did 36 damage to [some creature]"

"Astral Deva - You have come for a reason. Out with it: Astral Deva"

seems like some problem with the NOATTACK.spl or something.

Fixed.

there is one more thing i wanted to add. CA#PLAN.CRE has a nonexistent pair of boots CA#PBOOT in its inventory. according to the tp2, it might have been CA#SBOOT.

Fixed.

and Caed also has a few text files in some folders that look like 'to-do' lists. some of them seem like simple things (name/icon changes) in case you/cmorgan are planning on updating...

Looking at it.

Guest Icarus300
On 8/31/2018 at 12:27 PM, CamDawg said:

Strings still seem to be scrambled with the latest version; getting funky descriptions of the planetar vorpal weapon (the percentage of vorpal hit also seems way off if I'm not mistaken... around 100% with no save??!), as well as whenever noattack.spl (whatever that is) activates.

@CaedwyrGreetings! With the v9 release, I am looking to offer updated AI scripts through my Enhanced Powergaming Scripts. One of the questions I am coming across is in relation the "CA#HEAL" assigned to Devas and its uneven implementation in current scripting. For some instances it is instant cast while in others it appears to have the standard casting time of 9. Would you be able to provide feedback on the intent behind this spell and the desired casting time around it, so I can capture it correctly within my scripts? Thank you!

12 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

Greetings! With the v9 release, I am looking to offer updated AI scripts through my Enhanced Powergaming Scripts.

Hi Morpheus,

This a is a great Idea.

One of the questions I am coming across is in relation the "CA#HEAL" assigned to Devas and its uneven implementation in current scripting. For some instances it is instant cast while in others it appears to have the standard casting time of 9. Would you be able to provide feedback on the intent behind this spell and the desired casting time around it, so I can capture it correctly within my scripts? Thank you!

It is clearly an overview and "ReallyForceSpellRES" should be avoided in this script for most spell-like abilities. Casting of CA#heal is like the spell, i.e. 9. I will fix the script file when I can.

Funny !

17 hours ago, Endarire said:

Should P&P Celestials be installed before or after SCS?  aTweaks?

(I didn't see this elsewhere.)

Thankee!

10 hours ago, TotoR said:
On 12/19/2022 at 11:13 AM, TotoR said:

It should be installed after mods that alter spells and items, but before kits, tweaks and SCS.