SOD Companion question

Hello all,

I have a question regarding the BG->SOD transition.

What happens to companions that are not available in SOD but was with you in the Sarevok battle? Example: Kivan

I want to recruit them in SOD actually. Are they sent to their initial locations or somewhere else? Gone forever?

Note: I checked Kivan is not at his regular place in High Hedge; neither in elfsong nor in friendly arm.

Thanks

Hello all,

I have a question regarding the BG->SOD transition.

What happens to companions that are not available in SOD but was with you in the Sarevok battle? Example: Kivan

I want to recruit them in SOD actually. Are they sent to their initial locations or somewhere else? Gone forever?

Note: I checked Kivan is not at his regular place in High Hedge; neither in elfsong nor in friendly arm.

Thanks

Vanilla NPCs that are not available in SoD do not appear there. EET does what the base SoD game provides.

In case of Kivan, he may appear again in BG2 if you have a mod installed for him e.g. the Kivan/Deheriana mod

NPCs that have died and were not ressurected during BG1 will not appear either.

Basically the list of NPCs appearing during SoD is the one provided by the basic game.

Things are slightly different for mod added NPCs (it depends on what the modder has decided to do for them, e.g. NPCs like Sirene or Sandrah will also appear in SoD and BG2). Another category are BG1 NPCs expanded by mods, like Kivan or Ajantis, they follow their own story during SoD (they are absent) but come back in ToB.

Minsc/Dynaheir are a special case as they only appear in EET-SoD if they are both still alive after BG1. You only get them together.

Thanks for fast reply.

Mod added NPCs are fine, like Sirine/Sandrah (I prefer to stick to them instead of the SOD npcs but there are not many). The new SOD ones are really not interesting, I kill them when I have a chance anyway. I cannot feel committed to the SOD exclusive characters as they will be gone eventually.

I hoped for a way to keep or acquire the former companions with EET.

Strange thing is, I checked the areas where there are companions which I NEVER talked to. In my game Xzar and Montaron were still waiting for CHARNAME outside candlekeep before Sarevok battle but they are also gone when I check them after I start the march.

Then... I will make my own group with blackjack and hookers...

cheers

Thanks for fast reply.

Mod added NPCs are fine, like Sirine/Sandrah (I prefer to stick to them instead of the SOD npcs but there are not many). The new SOD ones are really not interesting, I kill them when I have a chance anyway. I cannot feel committed to the SOD exclusive characters as they will be gone eventually.

I hoped for a way to keep or acquire the former companions with EET.

Strange thing is, I checked the areas where there are companions which I NEVER talked to. In my game Xzar and Montaron were still waiting for CHARNAME outside candlekeep before Sarevok battle but they are also gone when I check them after I start the march.

Then... I will make my own group with blackjack and hookers...

cheers

What you describe is what is intended in EET. BG1 NPCs you never recruited like the Xzar/Montaron are gone after EET chapter7.

The only pure SoD NPC you can have afterwards (as far as I know) is currently Wilson by means of the Wilson Chronicles mod.

Myself, I am just testing my own Corwin mod that I may publish in a few weeks - but that is a different approach all together, since I make Corwin appear PRIOR SoD instead of extending her into BG2. In her particular case that felt much more logical since she is rooted in her city and the Flaming Fist. So I make her appear and joinable when you talk to Scar and take his quests, she helps you wth the Iron Throne and Sarevok etc. You can already develop a friendship with her earlier and thus her SoD relationship will be less rushed.

And then she appears as a former acquaintance during the crusade and you can even romance her there. True to her nature and original background she will stay in BG and not follow you to Amn. (EET would allow you to meet her later if you can restore your reputation in BG, I have not decided on such a sequel yet.)

(EET would allow you to meet her later if you can restore your reputation in BG, I have not decided on such a sequel yet.)

And this is not done via helping Eltan first and then overthrowing Sarevok's plan in the BG's throne room ? After all the Sarevoks plan was to kill everyone in there with the help of the doppelgangers. The first part, the second. Well, you don't have to do the first.

Which sends the player into the thief guild and so on..

Edited by Jarno Mikkola