Is a newer version than v8 in progress?

... or a new bugfix?

TIA

(In v8 I played IwD without any problems (only minor bugs), HoW with some more bugs (at least one serious, but solvable with console commands), and TotL which isn't usable at all because all NPCs speak withot text (but responses - try 1 - are possible).

Not from me, I'm afraid. IWDEE achieves IWD-in-BG2's design goals much better than IWD-in-BG2 is ever likely to, so from my point of view there's very little motivation to continue working on IWD-in-BG2. (I don't know what Cam's views are, though.)

I play BGT since years... and seeing BG1EE doesn't give me any trust in Beamdog!

Well, IWDEE is built on a code-base that I supplied, and Cam was one of the main scripters on the project, so I'd be a bit surprised if you like IWD-in-BG2 but dislike IWDEE.

At least a patch to make the dialogs in "Luremaster" visible would be very nice...

TIA

Not coming from me, sorry. (Again, I can't speak for Cam.)

Well, IWDEE is built on a code-base that I supplied, and Cam was one of the main scripters on the project, so I'd be a bit surprised if you like IWD-in-BG2 but dislike IWDEE.

Actually it makes perfect sense to me to like IWD-in-BG2 but dislike IWDEE.In fact IWDEE is missing the most important feature of IWD-in-BG2, i.e. the fact that it is optional. Don't get me wrong, I think both you and CamDawg did an amazing job, but I prefer to play with the original vanilla rules. Sometimes, for a change, I like to use IWD-in-BG2 too, just not always.

... but I prefer to play with the original vanilla rules. Sometimes, for a change, I like to use IWD-in-BG2 too, just not always.

The you just got to wait for the Infinity Engine Ultimate Enhanced Edition... a game that throws your browser a selection screen from the Enhanced Edition games and mods to play with and you get to play it then. Ouh, yeah, you might have to wait a bit.

Any idea when IWDEE will be available?

I believe the technical term in the contract is, "when it's ready".

... but I prefer to play with the original vanilla rules. Sometimes, for a change, I like to use IWD-in-BG2 too, just not always.

The you just got to wait for the Infinity Engine Ultimate Enhanced Edition... a game that throws your browser a selection screen from the Enhanced Edition games and mods to play with and you get to play it then. Ouh, yeah, you might have to wait a bit.

Naah. I prefer the command prompt to a flashy graphical interface. The way WeiDU works right now it's more than enough for me :)

Unfortunately the IWD-in-BG2 embedded in IWDEE will lack a WeiDU uninstaller.

Naah. I prefer the command prompt to a flashy graphical interface. The way WeiDU works right now it's more than enough for me :)

Unfortunately the IWD-in-BG2 embedded in IWDEE will lack a WeiDU uninstaller.

Well, then, lets say you find a thing that you find fault on it, you can go back to your preferred interface and make a mod that when installed, reverts the change back to the original state. That's after all what you prefer to do anyways, so where's the problem here then ? :laugh out aloud: :D

Oh boy, Erg you really don't like these Enhanced Editions, do you? :)

I don't hate the Enhanced Editions, I just like the original games more and, to stay on topic, it would be a pity if this mod. and other mods for the original games for that matter, were to be discontinued just because the Enhanced Editions exist.

I understand DaivdW motivations as in his case I believe this is due more to lack of time than other considerations, but I still hope that CamDawg or some other modder can keep this mod going.

Actually it makes perfect sense to me to like IWD-in-BG2 but dislike IWDEE.In fact IWDEE is missing the most important feature of IWD-in-BG2, i.e. the fact that it is optional. Don't get me wrong, I think both you and CamDawg did an amazing job, but I prefer to play with the original vanilla rules. Sometimes, for a change, I like to use IWD-in-BG2 too, just not always.

Actually, it's optional in just the same way. If you want to play IWD-in-BG2, here's the process:

1) Install IWD

2) Install BG2 and run the IWD-in-BG2 converter.

3) If you want to play IWD-in-BG2, run the converted game. If you'd rather play vanilla IWD, run that instead. (Installing IWD-in-BG2 doesn't touch your IWD install.)

If you want to play IWDEE, here's the process:

1) Install IWD

2) Install IWDEE.

3) If you want to play IWDEE, run that. If you'd rather play vanilla IWD, run that instead. (Installing IWDEE doesn't touch your IWD install.)

In other words, neither IWD-in-BG2 nor IWDEE provide you with a copy of vanilla IWD, and neither IWD-in-BG2 nor IWDEE prevent you from acquiring a copy of vanilla IWD and playing it.

Any idea when IWDEE will be available?

Please no "when it's ready"... at least a "not before".

TIA

Actually I genuinely don't know (I haven't really been involved in the project since providing the initial converter - my schedule isn't conducive to being part of a collaborative coding project). But if I did know I imagine my NDA would forbid me from passing anything on.

I understand DaivdW motivations as in his case I believe this is due more to lack of time than other considerations, but I still hope that CamDawg or some other modder can keep this mod going.

Lack of time, but also lack of interest. IWD-in-BG2 doesn't (in my judgement) provide anything that isn't done better in IWDEE. (Indeed, IWDEE is pretty much what IWD-in-BG2 would be if I'd been able to meddle with the source code.)

Archived