Photo

Comments on the Developer Diary

510 replies to this topic

#16 Bri

Bri
  • Gibberlings
  • 3658 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 02:24 PM

Actually there is probably more words than that, but let's just say it is a lot. And I can guarantee there is more to Del if you prefer that than Jaheira. 76 NPC banters (guaranteed 4 per NPC, some with more).

And yes, I'm part of the 56K bandwagon myself. That means for larger downloads I tend to do at school.

On another note, assuming nothing else goes wrong, I will start back to working on Delainy.
"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#17 Smoketest

Smoketest
  • Modders
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 11:08 AM

RE: latest diary update

Hang in there. It may not look like it, but I'm still awaiting this mod, more so since I haven't been privileged to test any of it. In the meantime I've been working and playing other games so that BG2 will be fresh again. I haven't been able to think of any new ideas that you or someone else hasn't already considered, thus no recent posts here. I'm more or less just waiting.

#18 Bri

Bri
  • Gibberlings
  • 3658 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 10:45 AM

Heh, thanks for the vote of confidence. And my writing does tend to come in spates.

As it is, I am gearing up to finish up the majority of the romance oriented writing this month (which includes the restaurent, last few lovetalks, etc.)

We are waiting on getting a voice for Del because we want to make sure what is written is what we desire to keep.
"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#19 Guest_Alaya_*

Guest_Alaya_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2004 - 08:10 PM

Heh, good plan. Don't want to anger the poor actor/actress, now do we?

#20 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie

Lord of all that's silly

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 01:25 AM

Any updates on the development? Been a week since the last one, and I'm getting jumpy :) .
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something - Robert Heinlein

Wit is so shining a quality that everybody admires it; most people aim at it, all people fear it, and few love it unless in themselves - Lord Chesterfield

#21 Bri

Bri
  • Gibberlings
  • 3658 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:13 AM

No real news to speak of at this moment, but I'm working on one of the final two lovetalks as I type this.

And yes, it would be irritating to the voice actor/actress to have things changed around on them Alaya, hence the wait.

#22 Idobek

Idobek

Dust Bunny

• Retired Gibberlings
  • 1001 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 04:35 PM

Cam's excuses for not having done any coding get more and more filmsy. No furniture? What kind of excuse do you call that? Tables and chairs are not requirements for modding. Is the floor not good enough for our esteemed leader? Pah!
Did you know G3 has secret forum rules?
Yep. They're generally of the nature 'don't annoy Idobek.'

#23 CamDawg

CamDawg

Just a simple country Hyper-Chicken

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9361 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 05:47 PM

Cam's excuses for not having done any coding get more and more filmsy. No furniture? What kind of excuse do you call that? Tables and chairs are not requirements for modding. Is the floor not good enough for our esteemed leader? Pah!

I'm an esteemed leader? When did this happen? :(

I came here with a simple dream: a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here? Not I. Not... I.

#24 Bri

Bri
  • Gibberlings
  • 3658 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 09:06 AM

I'm an esteemed leader? When did this happen?  :(

Since the pack chose you as Alpha Male...

#25 Xand

Xand
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 10:42 AM

If he's the Alpha Male then that would make you the Alpha Female (since your the creator of the mod)...so whos the Beta Male? and if the spot is unfilled i gladly offer my services to fill the position :(

~Xand

#26 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie

Lord of all that's silly

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:53 AM

It's been a week again... Getting jumpy.

We are waiting on getting a voice for Del because we want to make sure what is written is what we desire to keep.

Any ideas who's gonna do it yet?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something - Robert Heinlein

Wit is so shining a quality that everybody admires it; most people aim at it, all people fear it, and few love it unless in themselves - Lord Chesterfield

#27 Bri

Bri
  • Gibberlings
  • 3658 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 01:45 PM

Well, I don't care who takes the male Beta position, though I have a feeling BigRob took that role.

As for me, I'm only interested in the Beta female to myself.

As for the status? There isn't been much done.

Maybe because I haven't got much writing done in the meantime between getting ready for school (starts up on the twenty-third) as well as attending to real life matters while my dad is still in the hospital.

Edited by Bri, 13 August 2004 - 01:50 PM.

#28 Idobek

Idobek

Dust Bunny

• Retired Gibberlings
  • 1001 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 02:01 PM

I think I'll take Omega Male because I suspect women use "Not if you were the last man on Earth!" without really thinking about it.
Did you know G3 has secret forum rules?
Yep. They're generally of the nature 'don't annoy Idobek.'

#29 BigRob

BigRob

The Prince of Worthless Trivia

• Gibberlings
  • 3925 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 06:22 PM

Well, I don't care who takes the male Beta position, though I have a feeling BigRob took that role.

Wow, is that a promotion? :(
Aklon: Traveller. Healer. Warrior. Lover. Coming Soon at G3 (I swear!)

Click here to visit Aklon's G3 page.

Cam is on some kind of crack or something... either that, or it's the influence of Dr. Feelgood. - Icelus

The second confusing thing about Australia are the animals. They can be divided into three categories: Poisonous, Odd, and Sheep.

-Douglas Adams

#30 Smoketest

Smoketest
  • Modders
  • 467 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 04:08 PM

And so another school year looms on the horizon, so perhaps Bri will be able to get more done, or not. I know how intruding RL can be at times. Indeed, my last few weekends have been entirely sacrificed for my new girlfriend. :)

In the interest of making time pass faster, and thus 'speeding up' Delainy's release, I'm playing a new game of BG1, after a loooong hiatus. This way I'll get to visit her once again on the secluded isle and rekindle the love that existed once before. Weeee.

I wish you many creative moments Bri, and you many moments of coding genius Cam. Since the time I have left for gaming is reduced, perhaps I'll say farewell to BG1 Delainy in time to meet BG2 Delainy. :)

(Moved from the Werewolf snippet thread I accidentally posted it to.)

BTW, I hope you get your computer troubles sorted out Bri, and that you have hardcopies of your work so far. It'd be a shame to lose any of your hard work on this mod, or on anything else.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users