iOS port of GemRB (iPad/iPhone)

SyntaxError

Also the garbage in the log , are u referring to the wrong paths ? The paths are auto generated when the game is installed.

At this point I'd like to pint out that I bypass iTunes totally in installing both gemrb and the torment zip. I simply plunked torment.pst into document folder of gemrb located in ifile. It is still recognized thereby as a installation file and extracted the content into the folder of gemrb.

If going thru iTunes is a necessary means to get the auto pathing done correctly this could explain why the paths are all jumbled. Manually editing the paths doesn't seem to correct the pathing issue either . I could post the debug detailing the errors after I manually tried to edit the paths of the config, if u think it helps .

well, those html escaped chars surely don't help anything (unless the forum added them). A full install is just a bunch of copies away — search around, the procedure is the same as with the original.

Full install done, edited torment.ini to point cd 2,3,4 to folders with copied over files from each CD.

Excerpt of debug log. Problem: failed to load from save file, or load screen after char generation on new game.

[Cocoa Wrapper]: Started a log file at /var/mobile/Applications/73B5DD3C-F33F-4985-B236-091D4314E102/Documents/GemRB.log

[Core]: GemRB Core Version v0.7.0-git Loading...

[Core]: Initializing the Event Manager...

[Config]: Trying to open "/var/mobile/Applications/73B5DD3C-F33F-4985-B236-091D4314E102/Documents/Torment.pst.cfg".

[Core]: Starting Plugin Manager...

[PluginMgr]: Loading Plugins from /private/var/mobile/Applications/73B5DD3C-F33F-4985-B236-091D4314E102/GemRB.app/plugins/

[Core]: Plugin Loading Complete...

[Core]: GemRB Core Initialization...

[Core]: Initializing Video Driver...

[Core]: Initializing Search Path...

[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: ../Library/pst/Torment/sounds (Sounds)

[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: ../Library/pst/Torment/scripts (Scripts)

[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: ../Library/pst/Torment/portraits (Portraits)

[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: ../Library/pst/Torment/data (Data)

[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: ../Library/pst/Torment/CD1/data (CD1/data)

[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: ../Library/pst/Torment/data/CD1/data (CD1/data)

[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: ../Library/pst/Torment/data/CD2/data (CD2/data)

[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: ../Library/pst/Torment/data/CD3/data (CD3/data)

[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: ../Library/pst/Torment/data/CD4/data (CD4/data)

[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: ../Library/pst/Torment/CD5/data (CD5/data)

[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: ../Library/pst/Torment/data/CD5/data (CD5/data)

[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: ../Library/pst/Torment/CD6/data (CD6/data)

[ResourceManager/WARNING]: Invalid path given: ../Library/pst/Torment/data/CD6/data (CD6/data)

[Core]: Initializing KEY Importer...

[KEYImporter]: Opening ../Library/pst/Torment/CHITIN.KEY...

[KEYImporter]: Checking file type...

[KEYImporter]: Reading Resources...

[KEYImporter]: BIF Files Count: 372 (Starting at 24 Bytes)

[KEYImporter]: RES Count: 12135 (Starting at 8759 Bytes)

[KEYImporter/ERROR]: Cannot find AR0500.bif...

[KEYImporter/ERROR]: Cannot find AR0501.bif...

[KEYImporter/ERROR]: Cannot find AR0503.bif...

[KEYImporter/ERROR]: Cannot find AR0504.bif...

[KEYImporter/ERROR]: Cannot find AR0505.bif...

[KEYImporter/ERROR]: Cannot find AR0506.bif...

[KEYImporter/ERROR]: Cannot find AR0507.bif...

[KEYImporter/ERROR]: Cannot find AR0508.bif...

[KEYImporter/ERROR]: Cannot find AR0509.bif...

[KEYImporter/ERROR]: Cannot find AR0510.bif...

[KEYImporter/ERROR]: Cannot find AR0600.bif...

set the cd paths in the gemrb config, not torment.ini.

Hi by gemrb config, do u mean the torment.pst.cfg file located in Documents folder in my iPad ?

If so, what lines should be added in, as I note no additional paths generated after install other than the default ones. The debug logs seem to point to various missing paths for sounds, portraits, cd/data etc

For that matter if anyone is running torment using gemrb successfully past char creation screen , kindly show me a snap shot of the dir structure of the cd2-4 (0r is it 1-4) folders as seen in ifile. together with the game path strings in the config file if possible. It would greatly clear up many things

Thanks.

Has anyone smoothly got torment to run on gemrb on iOS ??

I have only a GOG install, where everything is trown under data, so CD paths aren't needed.

You'll have problems until all those bif errors go away:

[KEYImporter/ERROR]: Cannot find AR0500.bif...

You can add another search path like this (helps with gog installs, since they're oddly packaged):

CD2=/Library/pst/Torment/

Hello everyone!

I've been trying to set up gemrb on my ipad3 for days now, but no matter what version I try, the app closes down just a sec after i tapped the icon.

I tried installing with itunes and installous, with and without the game files of BG1, BG2 or BG2 Demo.

Did I miss something?

Iphone Config gives me:

Aug 15 18:49:07 iPad-von-BS SpringBoard[652] <Warning>: Unable to obtain a task name port right for pid 2424: (os/kern) failure

Aug 15 18:49:07 iPad-von-BS com.apple.launchd[1] (UIKitApplication:net.sourceforge.GemRB[0x1690][2424]) <Notice>: (UIKitApplication:net.sourceforge.GemRB[0x1690]) Exited: Killed: 9

Aug 15 18:49:07 iPad-von-BS com.apple.launchd[1] (UIKitApplication:net.sourceforge.GemRB[0x1690]) <Warning>: (UIKitApplication:net.sourceforge.GemRB[0x1690]) Throttling respawn: Will start in 2147483647 seconds

Aug 15 18:49:07 iPad-von-BS SpringBoard[652] <Warning>: Application 'GemRB' exited abnormally with signal 9: Killed: 9

Aug 15 18:49:08 iPad-von-BS kernel[0] <Debug>: AMFI: hook..execve() killing pid 2424: no code signature

Aug 15 18:49:08 iPad-von-BS kernel[0] <Debug>: launchd[2424] Builtin profile: container (sandbox)

Aug 15 18:49:08 iPad-von-BS kernel[0] <Debug>: launchd[2424] Container: /private/var/mobile/Applications/DCB7695C-0EC8-4789-BAAE-CCCBC0F4FE43 [69] (sandbox)

I hope anyone can help, I really want to play these games once again...

Archived