iOS port of GemRB (iPad/iPhone)

SyntaxError

it's getting killed, so it looks like it is the platform being restrictive.

correct. this has nothing to do with gemrb per se. we havent built for iOS in quite sometime since i killed the buildbot so the signing on the old binary is probably just antiquated on iOS 5+

even knowing the problem you shouldnt count on me or any other gemrb dev to fix it.

Okay, thanks anyways.

Even though I think that most BG fans with apple hardware would rather donate the money for BGEE to a project like this in order to get all the modding possibilities instead of dlcs...

Modders will face exactly the same problems as gemrb itself. At least with BGEE you would get something on Apple.

In other words, it is Apple that is wrong in this case, not BGEE.

BGEE will support regular mods just the same as GemRB, or almost the same.

no, in fact, due to SDL event behavior, there is code specifically blocking mouse events. It would be trivial to implement a preference to disable touch events in favor of mouse events, but there is no point currently since I have yet to implement mouse cursors in the SDL 2 driver.

It's just that, I found playing on iPad a lot slower (not game speed, but human command/actions speed). Due to our relatively large fingers, it's quite tricky to pin-point things, ie. picking up items, or speaking with NPCs. I found a way to be able to select the dialogue questions/answers by splitting and undocking the keyboard. That is good since the keyboard shrinks and floats in the middle of the screen, allowing me to read the conversations clearly at the bottom. The only nift is the 3-finger-swipe-up command which does 2 things at the same time (SHOW KEYBOARD & SHOW CONSOLE). It would be good to exchange the 3-finger-swipe-DOWN for the console instead.

that is what pinch to zoom is for

technically console and keyboard are the same gesture, but console is supposed to trigger only after the keyboard is showing as a separate gesture. Likely my rewrite of touch events broke it and now console pops up as soon as 3 finders swipe up after the keyboard is up regardless of it being the same gesture. I'm not going to give the console a separate gesture that is too complicated and unnecessary. 3 fingers down is hide keyboard/console anyway.

I had more or less all the same problems that link6616 had getting GemRB up and running but i got through them, now my problem is that I don't know what to do in order to actually install the games on my ipad. I'm using the 3-cd version of BG1/totsc and I've no idea what to do.

I installed the game to my C: drive then archived that entire folder into a .rar, then renamed that extension .bg1 and sent it via itunes to my ipad. The GemRB program lists baldurs gate.bg1 under the "install a game" tab but selecting it does nothing. Do i need to archive the entire CD and send that? or am I just way off base?

I'm having th same issue. I'm using .zip tho, but still selecting the tab does nothing.

Any ideas?

Archived