Crashing Bug?

Rastor

When I attempted to install several components of SCSII onto a brand-new install of BG2:ToB (patched fully), the installer itself actually crashed. So it never installed the components I requested.

Furthermore, now every item unique to Irenicus's dungeon instantly crashes the game the second I right-click on it. The WeiDU.log file shows that no elements of SCSII were installed, but some actually did complete the crash, including the Irenicus Dungeon modifications, so I'm wondering if that's what's causing this problem?

I'd post my DEBUG file and weidu.log file except that neither was created because the installer crashed. My system didn't, it's been running perfectly fine.

I also can't uninstall SCSII and start again. I'll have to totally wipe BG2 itself to fix this. Furthermore, every item actually shows up as perfectly fine in DLTCEP.

Any ideas what's causing this?

Any ideas what's causing this?

The lack of BG2Fixpack.

Or the fact that you should install the current up to date version which is the plain SCS. Yes, the SCSI and SCSII were combined to be the SCS.

I'd post my DEBUG file and weidu.log file except that neither was created because the installer crashed.

Or you don't have a write permission on the game folder... and so the file is written elsewhere, like for example into C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming because Windows is horribly mismanaging your resources, which is why you shouldn't install old games to the C drive.

Yeah - I didn't do that. I have tons of space (the computer has 4 500 GB hard drives in it). I just freshly installed the OS so wanted to just get into a new game of BG2. So... I didn't lose anything. I just wanted to report this.

Archived