Two bugs with EET - BWS Recommended Selection

icedon

Hi all,

I experience two bugs with EET BWS Recommended Selection:

1. Pocket Plane

"This power cannot be used while you are in the planar stronghold"

Same as described here: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59094-just-mine-eet-installation/page-3

Using console

C:Eval('ReallyForceSpellRES("K#PP_REM",Player1)')
C:Eval('SetGlobal("K#DisableSPIN649","GLOBAL",0)')

fixed it temporarily. Everytime shifting to Pocket Plane and back I have to set the VARs again.

2. Balthazar

After killing Sendai and Abizagail and upon returning to Amkethran, Balthazar is not on his throne. He is nowhere to be found.

Using console

C:CreateCreature("Balth")

spawned him in his throne room. After that the conversation can be initiated by CHARNAME.

2. Balthazar

After killing Sendai and Abizagail and upon returning to Amkethran, Balthazar is not on his throne. He is nowhere to be found.

Using console

C:CreateCreature("Balth")

spawned him in his throne room. After that the conversation can be initiated by CHARNAME.

EET doesn't change anything related to Balthazar. Probably some other mod messed something there or it's vanilla bug. If you upload a save made before you entered that area I can take a look.

1. Pocket Plane

"This power cannot be used while you are in the planar stronghold"

Same as described here: http://www.shsforums...allation/page-3

Using console

C:Eval('ReallyForceSpellRES("K#PP_REM",Player1)')

C:Eval('SetGlobal("K#DisableSPIN649","GLOBAL",0)')

fixed it temporarily. Everytime shifting to Pocket Plane and back I have to set the VARs again.

probably the same mod is causing troubles as the last time: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/59094-just-mine-eet-installation/page-3?do=findComment&comment=592912

Please upload BALDUR25.BCS located in your override. This way I will be able to find out which mod causes infinity loop in the global script (a huge problem if such problematic code is used with EXTEND_TOP)

Hmm, I don't know which mods are included in the EET BWS Recommended Selection, but the Balthazar thing sounds like an issue with Wheels of Prophecy (maybe you could post your weidu.log, so we can see which mods you've installed... ;))

Have you met Balthazar before? Is there an option travel to the ancient grove from the pocket plane? (In WoP he's there under some circumstances ;))

Hmm, I don't know which mods are included in the EET BWS Recommended Selection, but the Balthazar thing sounds like an issue with Wheels of Prophecy (maybe you could post your weidu.log, so we can see which mods you've installed... ;))

Have you met Balthazar before? Is there an option travel to the ancient grove from the pocket plane? (In WoP he's there under some circumstances ;))

Wheels and Ascension (main component, not the harder battles) are in EET BWS selection. I have played with both mods through EET several times without the issue you describe. It must be more than simple mod selection of those mods. Something else seem to be involved here.

Hi K4thos,

Balthazar savegame here:

Entering through the Lichs lair.

Baldur 25.bcs here:

I wanted to thank you for the EET mod. It was a great pleasure to play through BG after 12 years again.

Don

Not sure what's up with Balthazar spawning. Everything looks fine but for some reason in this save "cut242a.bcs" is not starting. The cutscene is initiated via proximity trigger located inside AR5505: http://i.imgur.com/eEI2WEt.jpg

When you go through that trigger "PTBALTH.BCS" starts with this code:

IF
    Range([GOODCUTOFF],10)
    Global("BalthazarEncounter","AR5505",0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ClearAllActions()
        SetGlobal("BalthazarEncounter","AR5505",1)
        StartCutSceneMode()
        StartCutScene("cut242a")
END

I can confirm that it works since after this GetGlobal("BalthazarEncounter","AR5505") returns 1. But the cut242a doesn't work in this save. And it's not mod related since I even tested this save on vanilla game - same thing happens. Than I tested it with new party - no problems. Can't explain it. It may be related somehow to "Story Mode" since this Balthazar save has it active but disabling it didn't solve the problem. Seems to be unrelated to EET though.

Anyway icedon, when you enter Balthazar's area open up console (ctrl+space) and paste this:

C:SetGlobal("BalthazarEncounter","AR5505",0)

Than go further (pass that red thing in above screenshot) and mini cutscene should start.

-------------------

edit: As for the second report - this is definatetly caused by "Story Mode". All you need to do in order to return to Pocket Plane is disabling Story Mode.

This block in BALDUR25.BCS goes into infinite loop after loading your game:

IF
    StoryModeOn()
    Exists(Familiar)
    !CheckSpellState(Familiar,STORY_MODE)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetInterrupt(FALSE)
        ReallyForceSpellDeadRES("OHSMODE4",Familiar)  // No such index
        SetInterrupt(TRUE)
END

And if you change area something else is blocking further blocks in global script (not above one since it stopped giving me debug message that I've assigned to it). Disabling Story Mode once again fixed the issue. Not sure how to handle it considering EET doesn't change how Story Mode works, so I don't see how it could break it. It would be a shame to remove this neat feature from the game :(

Not sure what's up with Balthazar spawning. Everything looks fine but for some reason in this save "cut242a.bcs" is not starting. The cutscene is initiated via proximity trigger located inside AR5505: http://i.imgur.com/eEI2WEt.jpg

When you go through that trigger "PTBALTH.BCS" starts with this code:

IF
    Range([GOODCUTOFF],10)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ClearAllActions()
        StartCutSceneMode()
        StartCutScene("cut242a")
END

Maybe because of this block in front of yours above ? (added by WoP)

IF

Range([GOODCUTOFF],10)

!Dead("sendai") // Sendai

!Dead("abazigal") // Abazigal

Global("DMWWBalthFirst","GLOBAL",1)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

ClearAllActions()

StartCutSceneMode()

StartCutScene("cut242a")

END

In this case a number of other triggers work that WoP adds to ar5505.bcs, depending on how you played ToB up to that point. AR5505.BAF

In this case a number of other triggers work that WoP adds to ar5505.bcs, depending on how you played ToB up to that point

nope, I tested it on both clean EET and clean vanilla BG2:EE. In both cases using this save caused above block to fail starting cut242a.bcs (even though BalthazarEncounter area variable has been set to 1 correctly).

In this case a number of other triggers work that WoP adds to ar5505.bcs, depending on how you played ToB up to that point

nope, I tested it on both clean EET and clean vanilla BG2:EE. In both cases using this save caused above block to fail starting cut242a.bcs (even though BalthazarEncounter area variable has been set to 1 correctly).

Thanks - another confirmation that Wheels does not cause it.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Wheels of Prophecy mod, but it's buggy in some places... ;)

I tried to reproduce the error and found two ways to break the mod (didn't install anything, only the wheels...)

Here're my steps, what I've done to reproduce:

No Balthazar:

1. Never talked to Balthazar in front of the monastery

2. Talked to the smuggler in the cave, asked about a way to get into the monastery

3. Talked to Faheed to get the key

4. Did the Vongoethe quest

5. Entered the monastery through the crypt

(Look at savegames in NO BALTHAZAR.rar)

The other way to break the mod:

No Valid Links or Replies:

1. Main char with evil alignment

2. Kill Sendai & Abazigal

3. Go to Balthazar and choose the goood alignment options (I think I asked about what becomes of Melissan through the dialogue)

4. NVLOR (Could be seen again by speaking to Balthazar again and choose 1 as answer option all the way... ;))

(Look at savegame in NVLOR.rar)

And these are only the two ways I found without installing any other mod... ;)

NVLOR.rar

NO BALTHAZAR.rar

Don't get me wrong, I like the Wheels of Prophecy mod, but it's buggy in some places... ;)

I tried to reproduce the error and found two ways to break the mod (didn't install anything, only the wheels...)

Here're my steps, what I've done to reproduce:

No Balthazar:

1. Never talked to Balthazar in front of the monastery

2. Talked to the smuggler in the cave, asked about a way to get into the monastery

3. Talked to Faheed to get the key

4. Did the Vongoethe quest

5. Entered the monastery through the crypt

(Look at savegames in NO BALTHAZAR.rar)

The other way to break the mod:

No Valid Links or Replies:

1. Main char with evil alignment

2. Kill Sendai & Abazigal

3. Go to Balthazar and choose the goood alignment options (I think I asked about what becomes of Melissan through the dialogue)

4. NVLOR (Could be seen again by speaking to Balthazar again and choose 1 as answer option all the way... ;))

(Look at savegame in NVLOR.rar)

And these are only the two ways I found without installing any other mod... ;)

These issues should be reported to DavidW http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28171&page=1&&do=findComment&comment=245667

ok, so the final conclusions.

1. Bug with infinite loop that prevent returning back to Pocket Plane (which is controlled via code extended after these blocks) - caused by this code in global scripts:

IF
  StoryModeOn()
  Exists(Familiar)
  !CheckSpellState(Familiar,STORY_MODE)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetInterrupt(FALSE)
    ReallyForceSpellDeadRES("OHSMODE4",Familiar)
    SetInterrupt(TRUE)
END

IF
  !StoryModeOn()
  Exists(Familiar)
  CheckSpellState(Familiar,STORY_MODE)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetInterrupt(FALSE)
    ReallyForceSpellDeadRES("OHSMODE3",Familiar)
    SetInterrupt(TRUE)
END

it will be removed in the next version of EET. What this changes is that Story Mode will no longer make your familiars immortal. Other than that Story Mode works fine on EET.

Hotfix for this problem: https://www.sendspace.com/file/j9pqap (install it like any other mod)

---------------

2. Balthazar missing - in the end it looks like it is indeed problem unrelated to EET and likely caused by some mod. In that save game "BalthazarEncounter","AR5505" variable was already set to 1 and the area itself was saved within SAV (for some reason I didn't notice it when I first look for it). To be more specific the code that has been posted by Roxanne or some other place where "BalthazarEncounter","AR5505" has been set to 1 is the reason why that proximity trigger failed. This doesn't happen in vanilla EET. As mentioned you can fix it locally in your game via:

C:SetGlobal("BalthazarEncounter","AR5505",0)

But I can't promise that it will work as intended with your mods that changes these scripts.

Hi all involved,

thank you very much for the troubleshooting and debugging you did :-) It was really cool to revisit BG after so much time. I have already finished the game and posted my findings so that

a) the mod creators could find and fix possible bugs

b) other players could use the posted solutions to continue playing if they encounterd said problems.

Do you need something else of me? Do you still want to view my weidu log?

Something else came to mind: I also had a problem in BG1 with the Roenall quest. After Nalias father's funeral and Roenalls subsequent visit to Nalias Castle (I will take my land by force blah blah) the quest never continued. The final showdown with Roenall never arrived. If you would like to have a look at it tell me what you need.

On a side note: Is it true that BWS is no longer maintained?

Thank you

Don

Hi all involved,

thank you very much for the troubleshooting and debugging you did. I have already finished the game and posted my findings so that

a) the mod creators could find and fix possible bugs

b) other players could use the posted solutions to continue playing if they encounterd said problems.

Do you need something else of me? Do you still want to view my weidu log?

Something else came to mind: I also had a problem in BG1 with the Roenall quest. After Nalias father's funeral and Roenalls subsequent visit to Nalias Castle (I will take my land by force blah blah) the quest never continued. The final showdown with Roenall never arrived. If you would like to have a look at it tell me what you need.

On a side note: Is it true that BWS is no longer maintained?

Thank you

Don

BWS is kept alive but has a difficult time at the moment.

While due to the momentum brought by EE/EET a lot of mods are updated/changed/added, the dedicated maintainers of BWS are no longer fully available for the job. Some modders are struggling to do what they can (which is limited support) and Alien is still in the background to aid on occasions.

Maintenance is more or less down to trying to keep versions and download links up-to-date. Stuff like *Recommended Selection* or other complicated changes are not provided at the moment.

Fixpack is a different issue and maintained separately. With the loss of *professional* maintainers, the former synchronisation between fixpack and BWS is no longer a given.

Archived