Question to which files get transferred from BG:EE install into EET folder

jastey

My question is, if a mod installs a "detect me" file into the BG:EE game folder, will this be transferred into the EET install?

In this case, Gavin BG1 checks for:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~override/X#BG1NPCPhase1.G3~ THEN BEGIN // if BG1 NPC is installed

I guess I can't use this for a direct Gavin EET version?

Nope. But if you make both BG1 and BG2 Gavin's to be able to be installed on EET itself, you wouldn't need it to be like that. ... unless you wanted to.

As you can ...set the whole thing up into be a single mod that has multiple components, and install them with multiple conditions.

My question is, if a mod installs a "detect me" file into the BG:EE game folder, will this be transferred into the EET install?

In this case, Gavin BG1 checks for:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~override/X#BG1NPCPhase1.G3~ THEN BEGIN // if BG1 NPC is installed

I guess I can't use this for a direct Gavin EET version?

The G3 marker files in BGEE/override are transferred into BG2EE/override by EET,e.g the X#BG1NPCPhase1.G3 exists in both game's override in my install. Thus your check would work.

Another way to check for a BGEE component is via the Weidu.log as EET transfers the BGEE log into BG2EE where you find it as WeiDU-BGEE.log - For example I use these checks in my own mod which installs in BG2EE after EET:

ACTION_IF NOT (FILE_CONTAINS ~WeiDU-BGEE.log~ ~BG1NPC\.tp2. #[0-9]+ #0 ~) BEGIN

FAIL @894

END

ACTION_IF NOT (FILE_CONTAINS ~WeiDU-BGEE.log~ ~BG1NPC\.tp2. #[0-9]+ #9 ~) BEGIN

FAIL @894

END

The bold numbers are the BG1NPC components I check for.

Ah - of course, I just looked at this syntax for 10 minutes while working with the transition.tph of EET but didn't realize I could use this, too. Thank you for the info, I admit I implemented checking for the dlg file the crossmod interjection will go to, directly (it's just a single I_C_T). But good to know!

Ah - of course, I just looked at this syntax for 10 minutes while working with the transition.tph of EET but didn't realize I could use this, too. Thank you for the info, I admit I implemented checking for the dlg file the crossmod interjection will go to, directly (it's just a single I_C_T). But good to know!

If it is for a single I_C_T within a larger dialogue file, you can do the check just within that d-file. Example

INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS IF_FILE_EXISTS F_DRIZZT 0 FDrDuMeetUlg

PS - another advantage I found helpful in CHAIN dialogues is this

:::::

== BKIVAN IF~ InParty("Kivan") ~ THEN ~ bla.~

==IF_FILE_EXISTS BSUFINCH IF~ InParty("Sufinch") ~ THEN ~ bla2 ~

== BAJANT IF~ InParty("Ajantis") ~ THEN ~bla3~

The only issue remaining would be install order (maybe not an issue if one mod is in BG1 part and yours is later in BG2).

That would work, too! It's for Gavin BG1, but it has to be installed after BG1NPC any way I decide to check for it, so it doesn't matter.

BTW, my try to check directly in the tp2 for a dlg file in the override didn't work because weidu couldn't make it into an integer. I am not sure what the problam was because I decided the above mentioned file is enough for detection, just putting it here for completeness' sake.

That would work, too! It's for Gavin BG1, but it has to be installed after BG1NPC any way I decide to check for it, so it doesn't matter.

BTW, my try to check directly in the tp2 for a dlg file in the override didn't work because weidu couldn't make it into an integer. I am not sure what the problam was because I decided the above mentioned file is enough for detection, just putting it here for completeness' sake.

You mean something like this?

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~ACQXZAH1.dlg~ THEN BEGIN

works for me in numerous instances in my tp2's.

Another way to check for a BGEE component is via the Weidu.log as EET transfers the BGEE log into BG2EE where you find it as WeiDU-BGEE.log - For example I use these checks in my own mod which installs in BG2EE after EET:

ACTION_IF NOT (FILE_CONTAINS ~WeiDU-BGEE.log~ ~BG1NPC\.tp2. #[0-9]+ #0 ~) BEGIN

FAIL @894

END

ACTION_IF NOT (FILE_CONTAINS ~WeiDU-BGEE.log~ ~BG1NPC\.tp2. #[0-9]+ #9 ~) BEGIN

FAIL @894

END

The bold numbers are the BG1NPC components I check for.

regarding this part, if mod supports other platforms than EET above code should also have check for WeiDU-BGEE.log existance. Otherwise weidu would fail on other platforms (since the file would be missing). So the code should look like this in multi-platform mods, using your example:

ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS ~WeiDU-BGEE.log~) AND NOT (FILE_CONTAINS ~WeiDU-BGEE.log~ ~BG1NPC\.tp2. #[0-9]+ #0 ~) BEGIN

Archived