SR V4 Beta 15

@Mike1072 The following spell descriptions have a bad character/are corrupted: Summon Planetar, Summon Dark Planetar, Monster Summoning V, Summon Djinni, Summon Efreeti, Monster Summoning III, Waves of Fatigue, Summon Death Knight (and possibly others....)

Edited by Luke

@Mike1072 The following spell descriptions have a bad character/are corrupted: Summon Planetar, Summon Dark Planetar, Monster Summoning V, Summon Djinni, Summon Efreeti, Monster Summoning III, Waves of Fatigue, Summon Death Knight (and possibly others....)

It's caused by the English ARCANE.TRA, which is already in UTF-8 format. It will produce garbage characters, since it's converted to UTF-8 a second time by the mod's HANDLE_CHARSET routine. The file should be converted to ANSI before installing the mod.

Seems i've encountered another bug, Phantom blade doesn't do the extra 10 damage against undead. Unless i'm missing something, can this be investigated? Or explained how i'd be able to fix it?

I think you may be right.

Since the original spell grants such bonus, it should be enough to copy the original effect using Near Infinity.

Unzip the attached file and drop it in your Override then see if it does the additional damage.

Edited by Salk

Unzip the attached file and drop it in your Override then see if it does the additional damage.

Do you use a flag that separates between undead and "the undead", as the Skeleton Warriors are undead obviously, but not flagged as that, cause for reasons.

Do you use a flag that separates between undead and "the undead", as the Skeleton Warriors are undead obviously, but not flagged as that, cause for reasons.

I only recycled the original Phantom Blade EFF file.

Seems i've encountered another bug, Phantom blade doesn't do the extra 10 damage against undead. Unless i'm missing something, can this be investigated? Or explained how i'd be able to fix it?

Since the original spell grants such bonus, it should be enough to copy the original effect using Near Infinity.

Nope, it seems to do the damage to the wielder instead.

Nope, it seems to do the damage to the wielder instead.

Right.

Please try and download it again and retest.

If it does not work now I'll stop trying to fix what I can't. ;)

phantom.zip

Edited by Salk

That's why kreso suggested to get rid of the spell altogether, and I suggested replacing it with a watered-down Simulacrum. With a Simulacrum you don't have this concern of "is my PC frozen in place, am I being damaged, is there anything I can do about it?"

Simluacrum is bugged in beta 14 (haven't tested beta 15 yet), so unless its script got fixed, this would replace one problematic clone with another.

I posted a fix for the Simulacrum bug, it's somewhere on the Beamdog forums. I imagine you could google subtledoctor and simulacrum and fix, and you would probably find it.

And my version of Simulacrum (4 different variants, in the Tome & Blood mod) does not suffer from that bug.

It looks like this can be found here:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/63139/anyone-has-a-fix-for-disappearing-simulacrums-similar-abilities

Bug Report: it seems that a good number of opcode 139 (Display String) strrefs in spells are hardcoded to BG2EE strings and are therefore invalid in BGEE. For example, strref 44916 points to "Saving Throws Lowered" in BG2EE, but results in an invalid string in BGEE.

Hi everyone, I need some enlightenment about SR versions.

I've downloaded the last version, V4 beta 15, but while running the BWF from GitHub, I was warned that my version was beta 15 instead of beta 14 expected. I've skipped that message coz I thought that the fixpack is only suited to beta 14 and all modifications since then have been made within the beta 15.

Am I right or should I run the fixpack with beta 14?

Thanks for your return.