SCS (I or II), how to ignore some monsters with "Smarter mages" ?

deratiseur

all is the title.

I continue to work on my mod, and i try to perfect it before the very last version. So, i have rewrite the 2 scripts of my two "Pyromancer" monsters (a lvl 10 yuan-ti mage and a lvl 20 elemental lich) and i like these scripts as they are. Not so "powerfull", but funny and usefull with the good spell choice (and the player have access to the spells of the monsters for force them to cast something).

I really want to keep them even if SCS (or BP) is installed, because they are fire-oriented, are SCS made them "neutral".

So, is there a way to have them ignored by the installation of the "Smarter mages" component ?

SCS identifies wizards according to their script name: it has a long list of scripts used by wizards, and if it finds that a CRE file has one of those scripts, it assumes it's a wizard, rearranges its spell choices, and assigns a new script.

So to avoid SCS modifying your creatures, just make sure the only wizard scripts they have are dedicated ones with their own names that don't appear in the core game. (If you want to use an unmodified core-game script, rename it.)

Archived