Custom kit problems with BG2EE?

Rhaella

I don't know, but I can't see it changing before release (time issues and all that fun). I'll look into it.

What I've been doing is just cutting out the # character, so LK#NEPH (the kit for Nephele) becomes LKNEPH. It still has my prefix (LK), just without the hash.

I see. My prefix is "c#" so I cannot just leave it out without risking incompatibilities with other mods doing the same.

My mods won't be ready for the release (they aren't even finished, to be precise), so I'd be very interested in the principal answer as to whether it would be possible and whether there is an interest in the BG(II):EE team to make this possible.

By the way, can you folks please point me towards a mod link with working kit-for-BG2EE-without#signs code? (I understand Amber has '#''s, and her ~36mb will take me about fourteen hours to download, so I'd love something smaller).

(EDIT: I know totally nothing about kits, and UB has two kits, so I need to copy some working code; a tutorial just won't do.)

Yeah, I'm also waiting for news on how to handle the fact that the game's now overwriting kit names and descriptions.

I assume it's something a WeiDU update will be able to compensate for without requiring extra tp2 stuff? Maybe? Hopefully? =/

There's a bit of a problem with clastext.2da.

With help from Horredtheplague and K'aeloree, I've finally gotten the names and descriptions working properly by removing the clastext line from the appends.tph and adding it manually to the tp2 like so:

APPEND ~clastext.2da~ ~rhmnstrl 5 41 99901 99902 99903 -1 0 102498~

COPY_EXISTING ~clastext.2da~ ~override~

REPLACE ~99901~ @1

REPLACE ~99902~ @3

REPLACE ~99903~ @2

I was running into dead ends even with the manual appends until K'aeloree told me that the next KitID would be 41, but I'm guessing that using that number in an actual released mod is going to lead to a ton of crossmod incompatibilities.

Hello.

I have the same problem with my install, the same "sql message" and my customs kits are greyed and innacessibles, but my 25STWEAP.2DA and all my customs kits.2da dosn't use the # caracter.

My kits are named : PX_BLADESINGER, PX_SWARM_MASTER and PX_PREACHER_FLAMMES, not so different from DWARVEN_DEFENDER, DRAGON_DISCIPLE, DARK_MOON and SUN_SOUL, so the _ caracter seems to be not inclimined

Strangely, i have a "grey" dwarven defender kit proposed when i create an elvish warrior.

I'm still working on my side for fixing it.

Re. I've find this :

No sqr error if i install a PX_BLADESINGER kit, but an sqr error occur if i install a PX_BLADESINGER_B kit. So, the _ caractere is supported, but not twice in a kit internal name.

and my kit is at last available in the elvish kit selection (not "grey"). i have for this updated all the new "externalised" files added with the 1.2 patch. These files are not patched by the weidu "addkit" instruction. These files are :

CLASISKL.2da

clastext.2da

CLASTHAC.2da

CLSRCREQ.2da

CLSWPBON.2da

HPCLASS.2da

CLASCOLR.2da

NUMWSLOT.2da

THIEFSCL.2da

Archived