Detecting system folders with Weidu

Guest Seifer

Guest Seifer

Bit of an odd topic but I'll explain as best I can.

Is it possible for Weidu to detect folders outside of the native IE game directory. Consider the following:-

I have a font that I want to add as an optional install but as it's a self build one, I have to get it into the font folder first. If one user has his system folders installed on say, drive D but another one has it on drive C, how would I discern the difference via a Tp2?

Seif

I don't know what is required to install a font so I don't really know if this is will help. AFAIK WeiDU won't search outside the directory it is in via tp2. However, you can find the system folder via a batch file. "cd /d %systemroot%" should get you to the WINDOWS folder (on NT systems anyway, I assume it works on 9x). Hope that helps.

Also, having a console program copy a file into the Windows font directory will usually not register the font with Windows. You'd also have to figure out how to add an entry to the Windows registry for the font. I seriously doubt WeiDU will be able to perform something that complex, so you'll likely have to go with an executable front-end installer that can handle that aspect.

Guest Seifer

The font installation itself is fairly easy, thats akin to drag and drop, its the route detection for the folder in which to drop it that's causing the concern.

Now to look at that link..!

The font installation itself is fairly easy, thats akin to drag and drop, its the route detection for the folder in which to drop it that's causing the concern.

Now to look at that link..!

No, it's actually not quite that simple.

When you drag and drop a font file within Windows Explorer to the %windir%\fonts folder, Windows automatically registers the font in the registry.

Having a console program manually copying the file to the font folder means that Window will likely not even know it exists.

Archived