Any ToB content?

Cal Jones

Mod NPCs can be carried into ToB from SoA; they just won't have any content.
Depending on the mod... cause if one speed plays through the SoA, some mods can have romance talks even in the ToB... and it's really easy to code the ToB's NPC summoning with the spirit, at least with your NPC making guide. ???
Mod NPCs can be carried into ToB from SoA; they just won't have any content.
Depending on the mod... cause if one speed plays through the SoA, some mods can have romance talks even in the ToB... and it's really easy to code the ToB's NPC summoning with the spirit, at least with your NPC making guide. :p

Really? I can only see that working if they've kept the same dialogue files between SoA and ToB, which I haven't done.

As for NPC summoning it's one of the first things I coded for ToB. However, I don't want to release the ToB content in pieces. You'll get it when it's done ???

I'll wait for the finished product then. ???

Your call :p

Though I have to say I honestly can't remember the last time I played ToB. I just find it disappointing :party:

Well for me, I like to play it for the epilogues. It's just a nice feeling to have finished the game and that nice music comes up and you get to find out what happened to the characters.

....but yeah the rest of that expansion was pretty disappointing when compared to the other games. :D

I find that TOB feels more like BG1, and so with a very few exceptions (Killing the Shadow Thieves for Bodhi, the Sauhaugin City and parts of the Underdark), TOB is more fun and rewarding than SOA. Which is not to say I don't like SOA, I like it just fine. But TOB feels more "Saga of the Bhaalspawn" to me.

It should be noted I always play Watcher's Keep in TOB.

I too will wait for the finished product. ???

Well, to be honest, I think ToB could be a lot better, but it is what it is, and I never play through SoA without playing through ToB - it feels like a story unfinished, otherwise.

Consequently, I only play with mod NPCs that have ToB content. I've played a few by accident that didn't and was always disappointed. Good NPC content can add a lot to ToB (Angelo, Kivan, Longer Road, for example) .

Archived