Unable to set up traps in BG1 part of EET

zerguu

Is your thief under some level limit which would not let them set up traps until leveled up enough ?

No,I don't think so,moreover I tried to install similar set of mods without EET and and I hand no problems with this.

post-7357-0-10026500-1497728948_thumb.gif

Is your thief under some level limit which would not let them set up traps until leveled up enough ?

No,I don't think so,moreover I tried to install similar set of mods without EET and and I hand no problems with this.

Probably yes and no.

Remember that EET uses the BG2EE basis and that thieves here come at a minimum level when you start a game which is higher than what your thief has when you start in Candlekeep. This detail is probably an oversight in EET and not a bug introduced by a mod. Your BG1 level thief tries to set BG2 traps. The thief gets the ability when reaching the needed level (normally level 6).

update: actually this is not related to EET, must be some mod that messes this up. BG2:EE adds traps to Thief on level 1 and EET doesn't touch CLAB files. I just tested it with all Thief kits.

In your weidu.log these 2 looks like may have patched CLAB 2da files:

~SONG_AND_SILENCE/SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Changes to trueclass bards and thieves, and unmodded game kits (required for other components): v6 BWP Fix
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v4.91

I will try installing them to see if the problem will show up.

It's not the clab table that needs patching - I think it's the "Set Snare" spell itself. I don't have it in front of me but take a look at its first header... I suspect the min_level is set to 6.

If that's correct, it's a super-simple fix with ALTER_SPELL_HEADER.

It's not the clab table that needs patching - I think it's the "Set Snare" spell itself. I don't have it in front of me but take a look at its first header... I suspect the min_level is set to 6.

If that's correct, it's a super-simple fix with ALTER_SPELL_HEADER.

This is what I find in my EET install for Set Snare:

SPIN401 is an innate ability spell level 1 >>>> corresponds to spell.ids 3401 SET_SNARE_ENEMY

SPCL412 is also an innate ability thowever spell level 4 >>> Spell.ids 4412 SET_SNARE_TRAP and 4412 THIEF_SET_SNARE

Does that help you?

Archived