[solved] Components of CDTweaks V4 refuse to install in IWD2

Hello, it’s me again…Well, I’ve made recently an install of mods for IWD2, and 3 components of CDtweaks_V4 have refused to install, and 2 are installed with warnings:

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Separate Resist Fire/Cold Icon into Separate Icons (Angel)
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight
INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking -> Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking
INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS Increase Scroll Stacking -> Unlimited Scroll Stacking

Here the files:

I hope that this problem will be solved quickly. Thank you by advance.

debug.txt

Debug.rar

Well, Cam, Great Guru in IE programming, Could you have the possibility - and of course the time - to give me a hand on these problems, please ? I’m persuaded that these failures could be fixed quickly without difficulties, giving the fact they have been spotted by yourself; and so the fixes could be easily made. And well, there isn’t an EE version for IWD2 expected by Beamdog…Well, the ball is in your court now…

So I take this thread again: nobody is able to correct these malfunctions since almost 2 months ? Giving the fact that they have been localized, now it’ possible to correct them once for all…

Well, it has been only a ~10 years since the first variant of this mod died, so I wouldn't go pick up the shuffles just yet... especially as you are talking about a IWD2 stuff.

Or maybe you could just look into the .debug file a bit and copy paste the immidiate info in it to the thread and perhaps it might be easier to respond with an immidiate fix:

Problematic component:

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS Increase Scroll Stacking -> Unlimited Scroll Stacking

Debug:

[./override/CMSHI01.DLG] loaded, 466 bytes
[./override/F#BOWYER.DLG] loaded, 7166 bytes
[F#BOWYER.DLG.DLG] loaded
[F#BOWYER.DLG] created from [F#BOWYER.DLG]

[trigger list near line 347, column 35 of F#BOWYER.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 347 column 1-19
Near Text: )
Type mismatch in "SeeDead" argument of [see].
Expecting type "integer".
WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~See([ENEMY], FALSE)~: Parsing.Parse_error
Adding F#BOWYER to internal list of available DLGs
[F#BOWYER.DLG] saved 41 states, 79 trans, 3 strig, 26 ttrig, 27 actions
[./override/F#SKALLA.DLG] loaded, 979 bytes
[./override/F#SMARM.DLG] loaded, 2847 bytes

That's how far you can debug it... while not attach the debug.txt ... and the Debug.rar will get you despising looks as you could simply just attach it as a .zip, far better. Why, not everyone has a archive tool that opens them, and not every forum even accepts them for that pure purpose.

From the above we can see that this is not really CDTweaks problem, but it comes from the mod "Crucis" ones did, or at least we can assume so as the F# -file prefix, is signed to that name. This comes from the fact that the mod there didn't either extend the trigger.ids file... or there's some other typo in the already compiled script that the mod uses*. So basically it's not a real weidu-mod, as the weidu in it is used for just a bad copy paste rutine, which will then always throw those Parsing.Parse_error's, if the files in it are touched.

*the typo could simply be that the " FALSE" has a space in it. Don't really care.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Ah ! We begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel about the 2 warnings.Thank you Jarno… But what about the 3 components of CDTweaks v4 which have refused to install ? Cam have given some information about this subject, so are these failures possible to correct, despite of the IWD2's different item format ?

NB: WeiDU is Chinese for me…

Cam have given some information about this subject, so are these failures possible to correct, despite of the IWD2's different item format ?

NB: WeiDU is Chinese for me…

Yes, now the first error happens:

[./override/00BRAC11.ITM] loaded, 730 bytes

ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 22810 of 730-byte file 00BRAC11.ITM

ERROR: [00BRAC11.ITM] -> [override/00BRAC11.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("00BRAC11.ITM: read out of bounds"))

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [separate Resist Fire/Cold Icon into Separate Icons (Angel)], rolling back to previous state

Unable to Unlink [cdtweaks/backup/2010/OTHER.2010]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "cdtweaks/backup/2010/OTHER.2010")

[cdtweaks/backup/2010/UNSETSTR.2010] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 2 files for [CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2] component 2010.

Restoring backed-up [cdtweaks/backup/2010/00ARMCH.ITM]

cdtweaks/backup/2010/00ARMCH.ITM copied to override/00ARMCH.ITM, 1618 bytes

Uninstalled 2 files for [CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2] component 2010.

Unable to Unlink [cdtweaks/backup/2010/READLN.2010]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "cdtweaks/backup/2010/READLN.2010")

Unable to Unlink [cdtweaks/backup/2010/READLN.2010.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "cdtweaks/backup/2010/READLN.2010.TEXT")

Tells us that the mod doesn't regognice the item type... like Cam said... it's due to the fact that the mod doesn't read everything, no mod actually does... cause that's way too much work.

Now, this will be "easy" for Cam to eventually fix by making an adjustment to the .tp2 code that for example reads the game type and if it's a IWD2, then sprungs into action another function instead of the current one that works in every other type of game. Which I take he hasn't had the time to figure out yet.

The code is simple, of course it calls another file, which is why it works the way it does:

/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\
/////                                                            \\\\\
///// Replace Resist Fire/Cold Icon                              \\\\\
/////                                                            \\\\\

BEGIN @21000 DESIGNATED 2010
GROUP @11
REQUIRE_PREDICATE NOT GAME_IS ~pst pstee~ @25

INCLUDE ~cdtweaks/lib/bg2fp_effect_batches.tpa~

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.cre$~ ~override~
                          ~^.+\.itm$~ ~override~
                          ~^.+\.spl$~ ~override~
  LPF cd_apply_batch STR_VAR array_name = cd_cold_icons END
  LPF cd_apply_batch STR_VAR array_name = cd_fire_icons END
BUT_ONLY

Je suis sur le cul…Well Jarno, giving the fact that you’ve been able to locate and how to fix these 3 damned failures of CDTweaks for IWD2, do you think now Cam will be able to correct them for IWD2 quickly ? I hope he’s reading us now…

NB: the mod LOSv2 - for IWD2 - will be translated in French soon, it’s why I’ve the desire for these failures are fixed once for all shortly.

M..., so this is fixed for the next version.

Yerp.

Aka, when the problem is in the weidu's function that's being used, it takes a little longer than a day to fix ... as the fuction wasn't build to take every game into account, cause whose code does ... as said earlier, "cause that's way too much work."

Those fuctions are by the way short hands that everyone can copy... but there's generally more common good to refine the underlying function than make a slash-hack-&-copy-with-typoes-in-these-cases.

As you can see, from this then, CamDawg is not the kind of person who does everything fast-as-possible, but as better-well-than-fast. Which is why the delay... that and he been busy, probably. But hey, it's been 15 years of moding the games, so caring for a few days in that... as you might as well do it properly, making it easier for others too.

PS:CamDawg, shouldn't you be able to now delete the

REQUIRE_PREDICATE NOT GAME_IS ~pst pstee~ @25

-line... not that the component would ever do a thing in PST... if I got this correctly, so you might not want to do that, anyways..... ..... good work.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola