SCS installed with EET, Final Battle with Sarevok Unkillable

BallpointMan

Hey Everyone,

First time posting - so let me know if you need any additional information. I'm have a heck of a time finishing the first part of EET. I'm all the way to Sarevok. I can get all 4 of his acolytes to spawn, and I was able to kill each one of them.

I think I did it right (Got an initial dialogue taunt after the fight starts that I cannot hurt him). Killing the first Acolyte prompts another dialogue. Lastly, killing the last of the acolytes prompts him to talk once more. I nuked him down to "near death" and he wouldnt die.

I did a little research on the forums, and it seems like this issue was primarily being hit when all 4 of the acolytes wouldnt spawn. That doesnt seem to be my issue.

I also tried other cheeky ways to end the fight, like Ctrl+Y, and such.

I also played around with setting some of the global variables associated with his death, but none seemed to do the trick.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm good with anything that gets the game to work as normal, or which gets the game to bypass the whole situation. (Since I'm doing it in EET, I cannot just skip and start the Siege of Dragonspear or SoA).

Thanks in advance

Hey Everyone,

First time posting - so let me know if you need any additional information. I'm have a heck of a time finishing the first part of EET. I'm all the way to Sarevok. I can get all 4 of his acolytes to spawn, and I was able to kill each one of them.

I think I did it right (Got an initial dialogue taunt after the fight starts that I cannot hurt him). Killing the first Acolyte prompts another dialogue. Lastly, killing the last of the acolytes prompts him to talk once more. I nuked him down to "near death" and he wouldnt die.

I did a little research on the forums, and it seems like this issue was primarily being hit when all 4 of the acolytes wouldnt spawn. That doesnt seem to be my issue.

I also played around with setting some of the global variables associated with his death, but none seemed to do the trick.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm good with anything that gets the game to work as normal, or which gets the game to bypass the whole situation. (Since I'm doing it in EET, I cannot just skip and start the Siege of Dragonspear or SoA).

Thanks in advance

It may help if you add this to BG0125.bcs

IF

Global("DMWWSarevokFight","GLOBAL",4)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

ActionOverride("Sarevok",DestroyItem("MONHP1"))

SetGlobal("DMWWSarevokFight","GLOBAL",5)

END

The issue being that Sarevok is unkillable unless he destroys the item after his acolytes are dead,

(If you do a BWS install, this should patch it for you?)

Hey Everyone,

Thanks in advance

It may help if you add this to BG0125.bcs

IF

Global("DMWWSarevokFight","GLOBAL",4)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

ActionOverride("Sarevok",DestroyItem("MONHP1"))

SetGlobal("DMWWSarevokFight","GLOBAL",5)

END

The issue being that Sarevok is unkillable unless he destroys the item after his acolytes are dead,

(If you do a BWS install, this should patch it for you?)

Hey Roxanne,

So - I did use BWS to install EET. I went into BG0125.bcs and added your recommendation at the bottom, but I dont think it's working. First - He's still unkillable. Second, when I use the variable check console command, he never goes off of "DMWWSarevokFight","GLOBAL",4

So he's not getting to the item destruction part of the script.

Maybe I entered it wrong into BG0125.bcs.?

Any other thoughts? My next idea is to uninstall the final battle improvement in SCS. I dont really know if that'll mess anything up with the EET install though.

Thanks!

Are you sure you killed the Sarevoks friends ? So that they didn't exit the final room. Cause that's a thing that happens to more than few times to people. And if the Global is not 4, then you didn't kill all of them. ...

I'm relatively certain I have. Rereading my post, I dont think I was being very clear.

I've used the Check Global console command at each step to verify things were working along the way. the DMWWSarevokFight starts at 1. Once he taunts me for not being able to kill him it goes to 2. When I do kill the first acolyte, he taunts again and the variable moves to 3. Once I've killed all 4 he spouts off about how this might be the end of his life and the variable goes to 4. (As a side note - I reran the encounter a few times after adding Roxanne's suggestions, and he never moves past DMWWSarevokFight 4, even though the script seems to say that as soon as he hits 4, he should destroy his item and go to 5).

I've also done the SPRITE_IS-DEAD check for all 4 (Tazok, Diarmi, Semaj and galdor) and each returns a 1.

So I'm pretty sure that I've killed all 4. To make sure, I've been trial running the encounter using Ctrl + Y to ensure I didnt miss anyone (I did it faithfully the first time, but I couldnt locate DIarmid's body... so I thought maybe I was having that same issue).

These are things to check

1. Make sure you added the block to the top of the script else some other code may block it

2. You may post your BG0125.bcs here to see if something changes Sarevok cre or inventory

3. Look up Sarevo_.cre in NI and see if he has Monhp1.irm or maybe another one, e.g. minhp1,itm (in this case adjust the script)

First thing - thanks everyone for the help. I was able to circumvent the issue using one of the workarounds linked to by agb1.

These are things to check

1. Make sure you added the block to the top of the script else some other code may block it

2. You may post your BG0125.bcs here to see if something changes Sarevok cre or inventory

3. Look up Sarevo_.cre in NI and see if he has Monhp1.irm or maybe another one, e.g. minhp1,itm (in this case adjust the script)

I did this. Sarevok definitely had the Monhp1 item. So that wasnt the issue.

I added the script from the user having the same issue that agb1 suggested to the sarevok.bcs file, and that also didnt work (I made sure both were at the top, as you recommended).

Eventually, I EEkeepered myself the energy drain scrolls and cast it on Sarevok when he was at 1 HP. He fell over, died and the end movie started immediately (I'm guessing usually there's a dialog at that point, but I dont care too much... at least I'm past it). Right on queue, SoD started up fine. - I never ever would have thought to try this on my own...

I still dont pretend to know what went wrong. I'm more than happy to post the contents of any BCS file, or my weidu log if you guys think that will help for future cases.

Let me know if there's anything I can do help

Archived