Our website needs an enchanter's touch

lynx

the red is still too vivid, which is especially visible until the background loads. To me the searchbox looks just fine without any bg and border, so that's a quick way of diminishing the issue.

Also, the bg author should probably be credited somewhere (who is it anyway?). Did the original pic have no copyright/signature?

The new images don't have any expiry set, so they're not cached. Please use the Expires http header with something like a year for duration.

Any progress? I'll make a new release soon and it would be extra nice if we launched the new theme at the same time.

edit: upgraded the wiki to the latest version. The old template had to be disabled due to being unmaintained. :) We'll be using the default for the time being.

With the latest dokuwiki release (2012-10-13), the default template changed significantly, so we'll have to update our minor modifications. It will also bring a good chance to improve the navigation on the site, but the point of this post is extending the call for help, since our team is artistically endowed as an orc with broken fingers.

We're still looking for an artist or designer to make a light fantasy design/template for us. Please help us make our website attractive!

I haven't actually looked, but is there anything wrong with finding a theme thats close enough and just tweaking it? I think web design is a bit of a conspiracy, I don't think anyone who does it actually enjoys it....

Anyway, I kind of like the simple theme, flashy gaudy websites just look horrible imo, I can't even be bothered with most official game websites. Maybe just a little tweak here and there so it isnt muddy brown...

Archived