Some praise and some issues (contains spoilers)

Guest Tha J Dogg

Guest Tha J Dogg

Overall, I really enjoyed the G3 Anniversary mod. The dialog was good, the initial quests were fine, and the final battle was fun. I thought the Five Flagons stuff was very well done and didn't have any interaction problems with Keto. I'd definitely recommend it to those who have been through BG2 a couple of times.

The final battle caught me by surprise the first time and totally pwned me. The second time was much easier though, and I got by without much damage (except due to some issues, as I'll describe below). My party was level 10-12, but was not fully rested.

Now, for some issues.

It's a minor issue, but I still have Big's scroll and the Quenching Oil in my inventory. I didn't kill Big to get the whiskey, so I shouldn't have them, but I still do...

In the final battle, I encountered two problems.

First, Number Eleven seemed to somehow gain Improved Alacrity ability, as he was able to fire off four Magic Missiles within less than a round (he died before getting a chance for #5). This was very annoying and had I not been able to kill him when I did, I doubt I would have been able to win the fight. Is he a Wild Mage or something?

Second, Number Five's contingency (Stoneskin + Minor Spell Turning) fired several times per round for several rounds. I didn't actually count, but I would guess that it was firing 3-4 times per round for about 10 rounds... It was certainly many more times than it should have fired. I had panicked him by using the Wand of Fear, so I didn't pay too much attention to him as the fight wore on, but when he was the only one left, he was rather difficult to kill.

I'm not sure if these battle problems are due to other mod interactions (e.g. Ashes of Embers' nerfing of Stoneskin), but I figured I'd mention them in case anyone else runs into them.

I'll tack on one more issue here as well: if Haer'Dalis has been moved to the Five Flagons he's placed on top of Dewny, preventing her from running around and collecting drinks. I had to ctrl-y HD to get the sequence to run.

And as for AI issues with the Twelve, they all use bogstandard BioWare mage scripts and nothing custom--the idea being that folks who install tactical mods would also get those changes reflected in the Twelve (I can't imagine this battle on a fully-tricked out SCS2 install, but some folks are masochists). Do you have anything installed that might alter those?

Second, Number Five's contingency (Stoneskin + Minor Spell Turning) fired several times per round for several rounds. I didn't actually count, but I would guess that it was firing 3-4 times per round for about 10 rounds... It was certainly many more times than it should have fired. I had panicked him by using the Wand of Fear, so I didn't pay too much attention to him as the fight wore on, but when he was the only one left, he was rather difficult to kill.

I have observed this to happen even in the unmodded game when mages are interrupted in their buff sequences by a disabling effect. Something to do with the ApplySpell scripting command; I don't think it can be fixed without extensively rewriting their scripts.

Archived