BG2 Tweaks unofficial test release

quick question that maybe you guys could answer or delve into.... Grogerson is trying to adapt the Wear Multiple Protection items component to work for BG1, he asked me to go over the code since he couldn't get the descriptions to change. I couldn't get it to change either and all we're doing is using the BG2 tweak code with references to BG2 specific and Tutu specific stuff dropped. I'm wondering if INNER_PATCH_SAVE isn't passing the modified variable like the weidu readme says that it should. Can you check and see if this is also the case with BG2 Tweaks? Perhaps something broke in a weidu update? idk.

At any rate I've got a work around solution that makes an on they fly TRA file and uses that to modify and update the description.

I'm wondering if INNER_PATCH_SAVE isn't passing the modified variable like the weidu readme says that it should.
It absolutely does. Something must have gone awry on your end.

Either try to debug it with PATCH_PRINTs, or post the code (probably not in this thread) for dissection.

You can also salvage Item Revisions for more modern description-updating macros.

aVENGER, your work is invaluable. Thank you so much!

Now that the next version of BG2 Tweaks is on the horizon, I have a suggestion as well.

In October 2011, prior to the release of the BGT Tweak Pack v10, I suggested integrating the "Reputation Resets at Beginning of BG2" component from BG2 Tweaks into the upcoming BGT Tweak Pack. I explained the rationale behind my idea in this posting:

[...] How about including the "Reputation Resets at Beginning of BG2" tweak from the BG2 Tweak Pack Content Changes? [...] It's a component which is selectable only and exclusively for a BGT install, and it is specifically designed for BGT - yet it is found in the BG2 Tweak Pack alone but is missing from the BGT Tweaks.

[...] If someday a new version of the BG2 Tweak Pack will be released, then this tweak could be removed from it in order to "clean things up".

Thanks to Ascension64 (who also asked around for permission), the Reputation Reset tweak was included in the BGT Tweak Pack v10. The new version of the Tweak Pack was officially released in January 2012. Ever since then, the Reputation Reset tweak is readily available through the BGT Tweak Pack, as was my idea.

Now, we can "close the circle" by removing the component from the BG2 Tweaks. This completes the migration of the tweak.

Ever since then, the Reputation Reset tweak is readily available through the BGT Tweak Pack, as was my idea.

Now, we can "close the circle" by removing the component from the BG2 Tweaks. This completes the migration of the tweak.

Agreed.

Since that tweak is BGT-only and already available via BGT Tweaks, there is no reason for it to remain in BG2 Tweaks.

Multiple strongholds component : In stronghold1.d someone decided to remove all SetGlobal("PlayerHasStronghold","GLOBAL",1) from dialog files that grant you a stronghold. It says it's an extra precaution, against what? Is it really necessary?

Some mods out there still use that variable for various quests or dialog triggers, thinking about CtB which uses it extensively to trigger quests.

Faster cutscenes and dreams components should also be skipped if Imoen Romance is installed. Issue seems to be with the Imoen creatures used in the cutscenes scripts but you probably know this already.

Any insight about these 2 issues aVENGER?

1ppv4 is released and contains the component "Smart Avatar & Armour Switching". According to the readme this can't coexist with the BG2 Tweaks Avatar Switching component. Would be good if the BG2 Tweaks component could be skipped if the 1ppv4 one is already installed.

Archived