INSTALL_PVRZ help

Sam.

So I have a folder of MOS V2 + PVRZ files I want to install to the override folder of an EE game. It looks like I need to use the WeiDU functions INSTALL_PVRZ, UPDATE_PVRZ_INDICES, and FIND_FREE_PVRZ_INDEX to make sure I don't overwrite anything already in the game, but I don't quite understand how they are supposed to be used. Could anyone please either post an example or point me to one?

TIA,

Sam.

You can take a look at this tool from Argent77

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58219-tile2ee-a-mos-and-tis-converter/?hl=convert+tis&do=findComment&comment=590082

Otherwise, if you already have the final files, just copy them over. Yes, you need to take care of the naming convention - I know how to avoid conflicts with area Tis+PVRZ and I assume it is similar with other Mos files.

MOS+PVRZ (and BAM+PVRZ) are more difficult to install than TIS+PVRZ, since they all share the fixed MOSxxxx.PVRZ naming scheme.

The general procedure is:
1. COPY .mos or .bam file to override folder and execute patch function UPDATE_PVRZ_INDICES to update pvrz references to free slots.
2. Execute action function INSTALL_PVRZ to install .pvrz files associated with the mos/bam to slots used by step 1.

Examples: #1, #2 and #3

Thank you for the examples. It seems I am still doing something wrong, tho:

Edit: Code redacted

gives:

Game = BGEE

UPDATE_PVRZ_INDICES in "BGEECLASSICMOVIES/CHAPDRM/BGEE/MOSV2/ARRIVE.MOS"
Copying and patching 1 file ...

INSTALL_PVRZ for "BGEEClassicMovies/chapdrm/BGEE/MOSV2/MOS0000.PVRZ"

Source filename does not match MOSxxxx.PVRZ. Skipping file.

[...]

Edit: I figured it out.

Edited by Sam.