Comments on the Developer Diary

kain

Truthfully, there really isn't a lot left to write...I mean, the last big thing I wrote was 3 months ago.

Besides the restaurant and flirts, the only other bit to really need writing is the conflicts with the BioWare three.

We are waiting on music and voice to make sure what we have done is what we want.

Edited by Bri

There will be new content in the next build, but we don't know when the next build will be done. Sadly, this time of year does also take its toll on time...and don't be afraid to post it in the testing section either with the question.

Most likely voicing will be done after the coding and writing is finished for Delainy.

Edited by Bri

I will be honest, I was hoping to get a major portion written this week (I had off from school), but between attending to family matters, Thanksgiving, getting some upgrades for my computer, and lack of Internet connection due to fallen phone lines (snowed, don't you know)...my progress has been a bit lacking. Worse comes to worse, I have 2 more weeks of regular class, then half a week of finals...then four glorious weeks off, and will try to finish the writing then.

Edited by Bri

It's been quiet here, very quiet. Any updates, yet? I know it's the end of the year, and it's a busy period for most, but I just noticed that the last update was a long time ago; the fact that I'm reading Delainy code right now to learn a bit about Weidu makes that even harder to ignore. So, what's up?

Cheers

I'm still taking a bit of a break from Delainy, as I'm sure y'all have noticed. I'm done with new tweak packs, hope to get together with Andy this coming weekend to push out a new CR, and then I shall be ready to return to Del. In the meatime, I would be more than happy to answer any coding questions you have if you're interested.

No (unanwered) questions for the moment, really. Thanks for the offer, though. It's all pretty straightforward once you get the hang of it (especially if you've got some coding experience). I'll admit that the NPC I'm creating at the moment is a bit less ambitious than Delainy (some less dialogue for starters, I lack Bri's writing skills), but I'm still thinking of adding some stuff to him. As I only tend to code and write when I get bored, however, it's advancing quite slowly.

Right, now I do have a question. I've been reading your bit about how to spawn an NPC (in a seamless fashion, etc.) and since I thought you had a good point, I've rewritten my NPC to spawn in the same way. However, now when I enter the Copper Coronet (where my NPC is supposed to spawn), the game crashes to desktop. I see but two reasons for this bug: my .cre files are corrupt in some fashion, which would be strange, since I've got no problem opening them in Near Infinity or Shadowkeeper. Another is there's some bug in my script.

Oh, BTW, how is the next build coming along?

EDIT: I'm practically sure my .cre files aren't in order, somehow. A spawn command in the console crashes the game as well. On the other hand, Near Infinity doesn't find any corruption, and neither do I.

Edited by Lord Ernie

Eh, just wanted to say I'm really looking forward to this release. I remember being *pissed* in Tales of the Sword Coast when Delainy wouldn't come with me. When I saw this mod, I was absolutely overjoyed. I'd be happy to help with playtesting or anything else.

All the writing I have seen posted for this mod is top-notch!