Photo

Ankheg plate mail - thief skill/spell failure penalties?

3 replies to this topic

#1 ArthurP

ArthurP
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:39 AM

I have the "Allow Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor per P&P" and "Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor" tweaks from the Tweaks Anthology vbeta 5 currently active, and for the first few hours of my playthrough, all non-cloth armors had been correctly displaying and bestowing the thief skill and arcane casting penalties. However, I just got to Nashkel and picked up the Ankheg plate mail, but noticed there are no thief skill or arcane casting penalties listed in the item description; when I put it on my fighter/thief multi, she also doesn't suffer any thief skill penalties in her skills screen. Is an "exception" to the penalties for Ankheg mail specifically intended by those tweaks in the Tweaks Anthology? The only other mods I have active are EET, Unfinished Business, and EET Tweaks (all latest versions), and none of those have a similar armor penalties tweak I can see would conflict with this.

EDIT: One second after posting this I saw the ankheg mail simply disables thieving skills altogether if equipped. But now I'm wondering whether that's intentional, rather than having it allow thieving/casting but at a heavy penalty like other armors.

Edited by ArthurP, 11 December 2016 - 05:03 AM.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6271 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:36 AM

I..
EDIT: One second after posting this I saw the ankheg mail simply disables thieving skills altogether if equipped. But now I'm wondering whether that's intentional, rather than having it allow thieving/casting but at a heavy penalty like other armors.

The armor was not edited by the mod... it's due to the file having non regular name in the EET install. As it's plat05_.itm, while the normal plate is plat05.itm .. or some such a thing, the Tweaks Anniversary will at some point get an update that covers the EET items as well. There's like ten-to-dozen of them.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#3 ArthurP

ArthurP
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:50 AM

OK, thanks for the explanation!

#4 CamDawg

CamDawg

Seven billion ton robot monster

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9269 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:54 AM

EET stuff added for the next release.

I came here with a simple dream: a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here? Not I. Not... I.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users