Performance Issue

Guest Martin

Hi,

I just recently installed the AI scripts (eSeries) and the fixpack from this website but I am encountering a performance issue.

When I assign the scripts I am getting regular interval freezes. When I deactivate them everything is smooth as silk.

I had other scripts before (uScript, I did a clean reinstall of BG2 before installing eSeries) and had no issues whatsoever.

Does anyone have advice for me?

I'm running OS X on a mac book pro second gen., ToB 2.1.2

Thanks

M.

Yea, I've had the same problems on a PC.

I have a Core2duo e6300, 768 megs of DDR1, Serial ATA HDs, a Geforce 7900gs, theres no way I should get stutters in this game, even with extra stuff, IMO. 3 months ago I had a much slower CPU and RAM and was getting stutters with the eSeries too.

Uninstalling Norton AV sped it up alot, so it was barely noticeable, but it is still noticeable.

I have made sure that BP-Detectable spells is perfectly installed, jumping through alot of hoops to get that done. I don't have a TON of mods installed, but my override folder is 300 megs. I made sure stats.ids is perfectly clean.

Nothing works. It's just always a bit slower with AI on, and default scripts don't slow it at all.

Martin;

Do you have PnP celestials installed?

I should not. I mean I did a clean install. I tend to dl the "enhancements" and "fixes".

How would that affect me?

I don't have any way of testing them on a Mac.

On my PC at least, the only slowdowns I've ever noticed was in assigning some of the larger scripts, in certain areas of the game, or really massive firefights with tons of enemies on the screen and spells flying.

Some areas seem to bog down no matter if you've got the scripts running or not.

Guest Craig

I had the same problem to a chronic degree on the 2nd level of the de Arnise Keep (that's as far as I've got in the game so far having recently bought the Forgotten Realms Deluxe Edition).

My first step was to disable (in order) my network connection, Avast, Kerio, and Spyware Terminator. No luck.

My second step was to go through all the config options (drop the resolution, remove 3D acceleration ;), drop animation options etc but no luck).

My third step was to uninstall the PnP Celestials mod as suggested in this thread, but that didn't work either.

My fourth step was to uninstall everything from the fix pack v3 and that did the trick. I'm not sure if it was the fix pack in general or just one part of it as after hours of not being able to play the game I just wanted to get playing again. A more step by step process might help nail it down. I might try that in a while, but right now I just want to play.

I should say that I'm grateful to people who take up support and enhancement (where appropriate) of old games such as this. However, I think someone on the fix pack team should take a look at this if work on it is going to continue. Given that performance up until the 2nd level of the de Arnise keep has been fine (and is fine on the 1st level and the de Arnise keep exterior) then it would seem clear that something is happening is happening there and perhaps in other locations too. One I've left the 2nd level I'll reinstall the fix pack and then keep an eye out for any other performance issues.

Craig

Hi,

I just recently installed the AI scripts (eSeries) and the fixpack from this website but I am encountering a performance issue.

When I assign the scripts I am getting regular interval freezes. When I deactivate them everything is smooth as silk.

I had other scripts before (uScript, I did a clean reinstall of BG2 before installing eSeries) and had no issues whatsoever.

Does anyone have advice for me?

I'm running OS X on a mac book pro second gen., ToB 2.1.2

Thanks

M.

My fourth step was to uninstall everything from the fix pack v3 and that did the trick. I'm not sure if it was the fix pack in general or just one part of it as after hours of not being able to play the game I just wanted to get playing again. A more step by step process might help nail it down. I might try that in a while, but right now I just want to play.

It's the shapeshifter paw component.

Guest Craig

Thanks a lot for sharing that. ;) It's working just fine now, and I don't miss the shapeshifter fix as I never use shapeshifting.

Craig

It's the shapeshifter paw component.

Archived