Having Issues with Imoen's Dream Convos

Ser Elryk

So from what I can tell, the dreams that start happening after the beginning of Chapter 2 are triggered randomly, no? In my current game the first dream (about Candlekeep) didn't happen until I was in Chapter 3. I went and rescued Dynaheir before clearing the Nashkel Mines, so my party had rested about a dozen times in Chapter 2 with no dreams ever occurring. So after I cleared and exited the mines and tried to rest, Dream #1 kicks in automatically every time, but I'm not getting the dream conversation with Imoen. At first I thought maybe it was because the party rest was interrupted by a monster spawn. So I reloaded and rested again and Kivan had one of his dialogues trigger, but no Imoen dream convo afterwards. Can anything be done to ensure that the Immy dream convos occur no matter what Chapter you're in, where you rest, despite a monster spawn occurring if you're resting in the wilderness, if another NPC also has something to say upon waking, etc.? I don't want to miss out on them.

So from what I can tell, the dreams that start happening after the beginning of Chapter 2 are triggered randomly, no? In my current game the first dream (about Candlekeep) didn't happen until I was in Chapter 3. I went and rescued Dynaheir before clearing the Nashkel Mines, so my party had rested about a dozen times in Chapter 2 with no dreams ever occurring. So after I cleared and exited the mines and tried to rest, Dream #1 kicks in automatically every time, but I'm not getting the dream conversation with Imoen. At first I thought maybe it was because the party rest was interrupted by a monster spawn. So I reloaded and rested again and Kivan had one of his dialogues trigger, but no Imoen dream convo afterwards. Can anything be done to ensure that the Immy dream convos occur no matter what Chapter you're in, where you rest, despite a monster spawn occurring if you're resting in the wilderness, if another NPC also has something to say upon waking, etc.? I don't want to miss out on them.

Imoen's first dream talk is triggered only in Chapter 2. Odd that the dream did not trigger in Chapter 2.

IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("%bgdreams%","GLOBAL",%bgdream1%)
Global("X#ImoenDreamResponse2","GLOBAL",0)
Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",%tutu_chapter_2%)
InParty(Myself)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#ImoenDreamResponse2","GLOBAL",1)
END
The chapter check could be changed to GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",%tutu_chapter_1%). That would open the window for an errant trigger slightly (i.e., you add Imoen to the group after having the first dream, but before having the second - this would trigger the dream talk).

EDIT: I'm not sure about this, but it makes sense that the engine would force the dream for Chapter 2 if you get to Chapter 3 without it triggering. There could be a random chance of the dream happening whenever you rest in Chapter 2, but then it is forced to happen in Chapter 3 if it hasn't occurred yet. This would prevent a backlog of dreams from building up.

Archived