Version 26 of Sword Coast Stratagems is out

DavidW

I've done enough "silent fixes" and the like over the last few days that it makes sense to officially release a new version. Here's the change-log:

•Updated to WEIDU v235.

•Fixed v25 bug that prevented immunity effects being cloned to apply to sequencer-cast spells.

•"1/4" option on Reduce Reputation Gain now works.

•Imoen, though still annoying in other respects, no longer pretends to be a dwarf on BGEE/TUTU installs when asked to wait at an inn.

•Minor optimisation to kit-enforcement function.

•"Improved Durlag's Tower" no longer requires "Smarter General AI" to be installed.

•Creation of the "setup-stratagems" exe file is slightly more robust.

•Carnifex no longer thinks he's Agent Smith.

•Support for non-English languages on a BGEE/BG2EE install (thanks for Wisp for the trick for doing this).

•Updated autoinstaller to allow for language change above (this was missing on 25.x, causing problems).

•On EE installs, a change in Mulahey's dialog compared to vanilla BG1 meant that in certain circumstances he'd spawn unlimited numbers of kobolds.

I'm running into a installation problem while attempting a MegaMod Installation, it stops with the following error message:

c:\GOG\BGII - SoA>

ERROR: [CLABMO01.2DA] -> [stratagems_external/workspace/CLABMO01.2DA] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("resource [NMMONK06.spl] not found for 'COPY'"))

ERROR: Failure("resource [NMMONK06.spl] not found for 'COPY'")

Smarter general AI (Sword Coast Stratagems) was not installed due to errors.

I have already updated the Stratagem Version from 25 to 26, the Error remains. I searched for all .spl files in my Bg2 Directory and found the nmmonk**.spl in the "sword and fist" mod. But it only counts tnonmmonk05.spl.

In the MegaMod Forum another User pointed out that he just copied nmmonk05.spl and renamed it to 06, so he could continue but then the install freezed on a later point. I think the problem lies within the sword and fist mod, but since the last post is from January 2012 I figured I can rather get help here.

So if anyone knows how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated :D

Just a quick question: Is this to be considered "stable" (i.e. non-beta) quality? Given that this version is on the front page, I'd guess "yes", but I'd like to hear it from the horse's mouth ;)

(It's just that I'm considering redoing my install, but I'd like to be semi-certain that it'll actually work before doing so. There'll be nothing crazy in terms of mods, just a few minor bits and pieces and BG:Triology + BG2 Fixpack + Tweakpack + Atweaks.

It does have bugs.

On EE (BG1) Coulguete's Family Amulet gets created twice after I install SCS. Weird.

If I install the option "Fine weapons don't break" they still do.

Sendai doesn't approach to innitiate dialogue (may not be SCS issue, I haven't fought her in vanilla, but it works on BGT)

NPC pairs don't seperate - at least not all - I can't get Monty alone without Xzar.

Skip Candlekeep sometimes doesn't work properly (the armored guy gives exp then leaves if I tell him to wait)

It's nothing gamebreaking, however.

And I saw a Spider in Cloakwood casting Web in an opposite direction from my character (was solo).

Archived