EET Not Firing Transition to Chapter 4

Hi there,

I've been a fan for EET for the last year or so and I recently felt the urge to play through the game again. I downloaded the latest version of EET and as the instructions moved a fresh version of BG1 and BG2 EE into a separate folder and so on.

Using a recommended set up I installed the game and it runs normally. However, after clearing the bandit camp and finding the letters the event to transition from Chapter 3 to Chapter 4 did not fire. I've looked around online for a solution to this and found these threads:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/18551/chapter-4-doesnt-start

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/56762/resolved-cant-start-chapter-4-cloakwood-unreachable

After trying these methods and getting no progress, I decided to try something a little bit different. I installed via BWS the latest version of BG1 EE Standalone with the recommended mod selection and tried it with a high level character. Sure enough chapter 4 triggered. That leaves me to deduce that there must be something up with the full install or possibly a conflict given the latest update or so issue i'm not aware of.

I tried a fresh install of EET with a severely cut down list of mods just to see if there was something causing an issue and the problem still persists.

Any help or assistance that could be offered would be greatly accepted. I am unsure of what files I might need to upload here so I've left it blank for now.

Happy to help. Just out of curiosity, this fix should work for all subsequent chapters?

Also one extra thing. You might want to look into the scripts around Marek and Lothander. In my previous EET install I got poisoned and collected the cure and it didn't work. I had to use a console command to heal myself. On my standalone install I didn't have the issue and the potion was drunk instantly.

Unfortunately I don't have that save as I did a total cleanse of all my baldur's gate content to try and fix my issue. If the issue reapers again I'll upload the save. Just giving you the heads up on it before others might report something similar.

Edited by Rinso

Happy to help. Just out of curiosity, this fix should work for all subsequent chapters?

hotfix adds to baldur.bcs what has been added in latest BG:EE patch. Other chapters don't use BALDUR.BCS to increase variable.

Also one extra thing. You might want to look into the scripts around Marek and Lothander. In my previous EET install I got poisoned and collected the cure and it didn't work. I had to use a console command to heal myself. On my standalone install I didn't have the issue and the potion was drunk instantly.

Looks like my report has been fixed by Beamdog via another chunk of code added to global script: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/29782
Please re-install the hotfix which now adds all the missing code (hopefully): https://www.dropbox.com/s/sebk2ohnbk0zo6r/chapter4hotfixV2.zip?dl=1
----------------------
Does anyone still have BALDUR.BCS and BDBALDUR.BCS files from BG:EE+SoD patch 2.3? Just to be sure that no other block has been changed there I'd like to compare them with winmerge.
Edited by K4thos

I just ran into this problem myself last night. Installed the V2 hotfix and went back to a save before entering the big tent in the Bandit Camp, but the chapter still does not advance after picking up the scrolls from the chest. Do I need to go back to a save prior to entering the Bandit Camp area? Start a new game?

Hi there, not sure if my problem is the same or not but Chapter 4 won't trigger for me either.

I've applied the hotfix but I dont have a save from before my attack on the bandit camp (rookie error I know).

My issue might be related to an EET mod however, as I remember some dialogue (from Ender Sai I think) that said I needed to go talk to the potions merchant in Naskel Canrival. Got there and he mentioned something about the black lotus tent. Went there and nothing. No records in the quest log or journal about any of this either. Several attempts at searching for this quest extension to chapter 3 have also failed.

Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated before I uninstall it all and re-install EET.

Cheers,

Andrew

I remember some dialogue (from Ender Sai I think) that said I needed to go talk to the potions merchant in Naskel Canrival. Got there and he mentioned something about the black lotus tent. Went there and nothing. No records in the quest log or journal about any of this either.

The funny thing is this sounds like content from the component "Brage's Sword" from bgqe, but there it's not Ender Sai saying this, there are journal entries, and I wouldn't know how it should prevent chapter 4 from triggering because it doesn't interfere with the Bandit Camp in any way. Sounds like a mixup of mod-added texts in your game if you ask me.