Translation File Information

EXCEPTIONS:

x#xanlt.tra

comes up as every single line different in WinMerge. There are a number of lines that appear almost identical, but scattered throughout there are some changes (and there are additons at the end - the original file ended at @1431, the new one ends at @1525).

The person assigned to this file will need to do a manual file comparison themselves, and to be safe probably needs to start over.

Changes:

p#fw2700.tra
add line: 
@2  = ~You bury Gorion in a small stone cairn where he fell.~
x#ajint.tra

OLD< @5  = ~We will surely do that, my friend. Soon, those ogres won't be a threat any longer.~
---
NEW> @5  = ~We will surely do that, my friend. Soon, those half-ogres won't be a threat any longer.~

OLD< @13  = ~*Inclines his head to acknowledge his accent with Ajantis' words.*~
---
NEW> @13  = ~*Inclines his head to acknowledge his assent with Ajantis' words.*~

add the following lines:

> @214  = ~What happened to you, <CHARNAME>. Your mind will get twisted by this evil device...~
> @215  = ~We will see whether for good or for bad. I will watch your steps closely, until you get that 

helmet removed from your head.~
> @216  = ~What... what happened to me! My mind... was twisted, my thoughts were evil!~
> @217  = ~You were wearing a helmet that turned you evil, Ajantis. It is removed now.~
> @218  = ~Thank goodness you have that thing off again. I prefer you the way you are.~
> @219  = ~What is the problem? We had a bit fun, you and me, slaughtering innocents in the name of Helm.~
> @220  = ~Don't try to fool me! You made me betray my beliefs!~
> @221  = ~Ajantis, I swear, I wasn't aware of the consequences that arise from wearing this helmet.~
> @222  = ~I am truly sorry, Ajantis. It won't happen again.~
> @223  = ~What is the problem? I just helped you to get rid of that thing!~
> @224  = ~Whatever! Stay away with this evil device. It shall not bend my mind again!~
> @225  = ~You... you think I can serve our purpose in this state better? I demand this belt be taken off me as soon as possible!~
> @226  = ~You'll have to get through me first!~
> @227  = ~I do not care for your tone, sir!~
> @228  = ~Forgive me, then. I am looking for someone.~
> @229  = ~Then prepare to die for your greed!~
> @230  = ~May the gods reward your arrogance with death!~
x#ajantis.tra

OLD< @166  = ~Sir Ajantis, I must protest! I will not deny that I have an eye for an attractive lad... but both of them are on you now, as you are such a fine specim-a-a-a-n... Besides, do not your knightly principles say you need a damsel in distress?~
---
NEW> @166  = ~Sir Ajantis, I must protest! I will not deny that I have an eye for an attractive lad... but both of them are on you now, as you have been so kind to notice. Besides, do not your knightly principles say you need a damsel in distress?~

OLD< @170  = ~I live by the principles of lust, my good Sir Knight.~
---
NEW> @170  = ~I live by the principles of desire, my pet.~

OLD< @172  = ~Perhaps I can show you, one day, that they are all that matters to a man. They are the sole object of desire for women everywhere... Perhaps I can prove that you have skills beyond what you are perceived to have, some pleasing skills, some... alluring skills...~
---
NEW> @172  = ~Indeed? Have you never desired a more handsome sword, a suit of ankheg armor, or advancement within your Order? Ah, you thought I was speaking solely of the desires of the flesh.~

Add the following new lines: 

> @215  = ~From what I have seen of you and <CHARNAME>, I would say that you are tolerably well acquainted with those desires.~
> @216  = ~From what I have seen of you, I would say that you are not immune to those desires.~
> @217  = ~I... do not think it wise to continue this, my lady. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to... polish my armour... a good day to you.~
> @218  = ~I... do not think this kind of talk should be addressed to an engaged man, my lady. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to... polish my armour... a good day to you.~
> @219  = ~It is... a real wonder how some women burden themselves with heavy equipment...~
> @220  = ~What do you mean?~
> @221  = ~Are you referring to the box Safana gave you?~
> @222  = ~I am more wondering about the stupidity of men, offering to carry it for them.~
> @223  = ~I don't want to talk about it, Ajantis.~
> @224  = ~Actually, *cough* I was referring to the box Safana gave me...~
> @225  = ~I did so only with the true intention to support and help my leader... who also tends to be a very special person...~
> @226  = ~As much as I appreciate being able to help, I have the slight suspicion this box might actually be filled with stones... I will carry it a little longer, but my helpfulness in that matter should end eventually, as this is slowing me down unnecessarily.~
> @227  = ~My lady! There is nothing "going on"... from my side, at least.~
> @228  = ~That, indeed, is what I am referring to...~
> @229  = ~It is an honour to help a frail companion to bear a burden, but in this case I have to confess it is unexpectedly... heavy.~
> @230  = ~I do not appreciate that you let yourself be encumbered with other comrades' things, Ajantis. I need your full fighting prowess, should enemies attack.~
> @231  = ~I was wondering about that, Ajantis. You offered to carry some heavy things for me, too...~
> @232  = ~I was wondering what is going on between you two anyhow, Ajantis... Seeing how you tend to speak to each other.~
> @233  = ~Is there something going on between you and Safana, Ajantis?~
> @234  = ~You took it, now you carry it. Easy decision.~
> @235  = ~Then I will only say that the box Safana handed over to me is... heavy.~
> @236  = ~I assure you, that my fighting abilities are unharmed by the weight I carry, lady <CHARNAME>. But I agree with you, that there are situations where it could be a hindrance.~
> @237  = ~<CHARNAME>, it is a great pity we didn't keep my family shield. I can only hope you have a sincere reason for its absence.~
> @238  = ~Oh, Ajantis, I am sorry! Of course this shield means a lot to you. We'll get it back as soon as possible.~
> @239  = ~Ajantis, I had my reasons. Sorry for this, but you have better armor now, and we need every space we have for carrying our stuff around.~
x#coran.tra

< @294  = ~Jaheira, you tempestuous druid lady, what were you and Khalid whispering and laughing about awhile ago while looking my way? I always take delight in a fair, smiling maiden's face turned in my direction, but not necessarily, ahem, with their husband's accompaniment.~
---
> @294  = ~Jaheira, you tempestuous druid lady, what were you and Khalid whispering and laughing about awhile ago while looking my way? I always take delight in a fair, smiling maiden's face turned in my direction, but not necessarily, ahem, with her husband's accompaniment.~

< @297  = ~Oh, yes, definitely, seeing how that that was the only way we could get across. Now, if I was paranoid, like some mad wizard, I would suspect that some mischievous and heavy-handed deity hath designed our travel plans, so that we would have no choice but to run in to you.~
---
> @297  = ~Oh, yes, definitely, seeing how that that was the only way we could get across. Now, if I was paranoid, like some mad wizard, I would suspect that some mischievous and heavy-handed deity designed our travel plans so that we would have no choice but to run in to you.~

< @312  = ~Jaheira, when you and Khalid have your own kids, you are welcome to do as you please with them. I am not letting my daughter starve to death for your pleasure.~
---
> @312  = ~Jaheira, when you and Khalid have your own children, you are welcome to do as you please with them. I am not letting my daughter starve to death for your pleasure.~

< @397  = ~You have the right idea on how a beautiful woman should look. You always stand out. You will wear a bright dress on a gray day, a white one in the dark of the night, rivaling the moon and black velvet when all the lights are on.~
---
> @397  = ~You have the right idea on how a beautiful woman should look. You always stand out. You will wear a bright dress on a gray day, a white one in the dark of the night, rivaling the moon, and black velvet when all the lights are on.~

< @399  = ~Me falling in love with you at the first sight is an undeniable proof.~
---
> @399  = ~Me falling in love with you at the first sight is the undeniable proof.~
x#cosqu.tra

< @153  = ~How very kind of you, my <PRO_LADYLORD>... ~
---
> @153  = ~How very kind of you, my <PRO_LADYLORD>... There is one more favor I request of you. Nathan has powders on his person, powders that belong to me. I need them very much... to become free. Please, bring them to me. I must have them.~

NEW LINES
> @250  = ~Of course, Amelia. I will bring the powders to you.~
> @251  = ~Powders? So Nathan did not lie...~
> @252  = ~You lied to me about the roses! Nathan was right about you, then!~
x#challenge.tra

< @2	= ~Which poor little maiden has the misfortune of being be the focus of your interest now?~
---
> @2	= ~Which poor little maiden has the misfortune of being the focus of your interest now?~
x#bri.tra

< @12   = ~Coran, are you kidding? The girl is blackmailing you! I mean, you never wanted no child, did you? Why do you need to waste your time? She wanted it, so she can take care of the whelp herself!~
---
> @12   = ~Coran, are you kidding? The girl is blackmailing you! I mean, you never wanted a child, did you? Why do you need to waste your time? She wanted it, so she can take care of the whelp herself!~
x#coint.tra 

< @56   = ~ I would fancy to hear this tale, Master Elf.~
---
> @56   = ~I would fancy to hear this tale, Master Elf.~

< @112  = ~I used to envy doppelgangers at carnival time. Women always seemed to recognize, me despite the costumes.~
---
> @112  = ~I used to envy doppelgangers at carnival time. Women always seemed to recognize me, despite the costumes.~

< @122  = ~And an oddball too... why not hurl lightning and fireballs at me once I've spoken to her and made for the exit, like every other woman? That way nobody gets hurt... unless there is sentient furniture in the room...~
---
> @122  = ~And an oddball too... why not hurl lightning and fireballs at me once I've spoken to her and made for the exit, like every other woman? That way nobody gets hurt... unless the furniture in the room has sentimental value...~
x#dynah.tra

< @17   = ~These boots were made for walking, and that's just what they'll do.~ [DYNAHEIR 24]
---
> @17   = ~These boots were made for walking, and that's just what they'll do.~ [%tutu_var%DYNAH32]

< @23   = ~Thou hast nightmares? Pity, that one as young as thyself suffers from worries. 'Tis true that few places are presently safe, but should we find such, I counsel thee to rest for a day or two.~ [DYNAHEIR 24]
---
> @23   = ~Thou hast nightmares? Pity, that one as young as thyself suffers from worries. 'Tis true that few places are presently safe, but should we find such, I counsel thee to rest for a day or two.~

< @149  = ~I bear no love for thee. Indeed, one might say that I bear thee not at all.~
---
> @149  = ~I bear no love for thee. Indeed, one might say that I bear thee none at all.~
x#dyro.tra

< @444  = ~Dynaheir... you got my attention. Why would Thayans melt glaciers?~
---
> @444  = ~Dynaheir... you got my attention. Why would Thayvians melt glaciers?~

< @459  = ~To provide a distraction for Hathran, meltwater caused flooding in Immilmar and Mulsantir, and my sisters went to repair damages and salvage what they could. Meanwhile, Thayan forces crossed the foothills of the High Country.~
---
> @459  = ~To provide a distraction for Hathran, meltwater caused flooding in Immilmar and Mulsantir, and my sisters went to repair damages and salvage what they could. Meanwhile, Thayvian forces crossed the foothills of the High Country.~

< @462  = ~*Dynaheir nods curtly.* Yes. In the year 1362, attempting to enter Rashemen through Thesk along the Golden Way, the Thayans were defeated yet again, but scorched the western shore of the Lake of Tears to bare rock. In the year 1360, they brought the Tuigan Horde upon us...~
---
> @462  = ~*Dynaheir nods curtly.* Yes. In the year 1362, attempting to enter Rashemen through Thesk along the Golden Way, the Thayvians were defeated yet again, but scorched the western shore of the Lake of Tears to bare rock. In the year 1360, they brought the Tuigan Horde upon us...~

< @464  = ~One might think that Thayans would grow tired after 400 years of defeats.~
---
> @464  = ~One might think that Thayvians would grow tired after 400 years of defeats.~

< @467  = ~*coldly* You forgot that two years after the union with Tuigans, Thay attempted to enter Rashemen through Thesk along the Golden Way. The Thayans were defeated yet again, but scorched the western shore of the Lake of Tears to bare rock.~
---
> @467  = ~*coldly* You forgot that two years after the union with Tuigans, Thay attempted to enter Rashemen through Thesk along the Golden Way. The Thayvians were defeated yet again, but scorched the western shore of the Lake of Tears to bare rock.~

< @473  = ~Be careful with the Red Wizard's advice, <CHARNAME>. We Rashemi know all too well how devious Thayans can be.~
---
> @473  = ~Be careful with the Red Wizard's advice, <CHARNAME>. We Rashemi know all too well how devious Thayvians can be.~

< @478  = ~The elementals were angered at such defilement of nature and came to our aid. And so Thay was defeated again. But the Red Wizards have little regard even for the Great Mother herself. In the year 1362, whilst retreating, Thayans scorched the western shore of the Lake of Tears to bare rock. In the year 1360, when they brought the Tuigan Horde upon us, they parted the waters of the lake to allow the Horde to retreat...~
---
> @478  = ~The elementals were angered at such defilement of nature and came to our aid. And so Thay was defeated again. But the Red Wizards have little regard even for the Great Mother herself. In the year 1362, whilst retreating, Thayvians scorched the western shore of the Lake of Tears to bare rock. In the year 1360, when they brought the Tuigan Horde upon us, they parted the waters of the lake to allow the Horde to retreat...~

< @573  = ~But of course you cannot understand such things, witch, because you are coming from a nation of slaves, and we, Thayans, are the nation of masters. Do not crack the walnut that passes for your brain. <CHARNAME>, I had never thought highly of you, but listening to a primitive Hathran, when a Red Wizard (and I must add, a superiorly educated and godlike-intelligent Red Wizard) walks with you, marks the new low of human stupidity.~
---
> @573  = ~But of course you cannot understand such things, witch, because you are coming from a nation of slaves, and we, Thayvians, are the nation of masters. Do not crack the walnut that passes for your brain. <CHARNAME>, I had never thought highly of you, but listening to a primitive Hathran, when a Red Wizard (and 
I must add, a superiorly educated and godlike-intelligent Red Wizard) walks with you, marks the new low of human stupidity.~

< @607  = ~What I did not know, however, was that mine companions wert engaged into secret negotiations to oust Thay agents from Saerloon. Unfortunately, their activity was betrayed to Thayans, and after one sister was waylaid and killed, we were ordered to return to Rashemen.~
---
> @607  = ~What I did not know, however, was that mine companions wert engaged into secret negotiations to oust Thay agents from Saerloon. Unfortunately, their activity was betrayed to Thayvians, and after one sister was waylaid and killed, we were ordered to return to Rashemen.~
x#edint.tra

< @21   = ~I shall not leave without teaching you two lessons: firstly, do not hire a Red Wizard of Thay for a petty murder, and secondly - if you made the huge mistake of doing so, you should never call him a fool afterwards.~
---
> @21   = ~I shall not leave without teaching you two lessons: firstly, do not hire a Red Wizard of Thay for such petty tasks, and secondly - if you made the huge mistake of doing so, you should never call him a fool afterwards.~
x#edwin.tra

< @43   = ~And that is why Thayan men are well advised to lock their doors carefully when they leave the house.~
---
> @43   = ~And that is why Thayvian men are well advised to lock their doors carefully when they leave the house.~

< @49   = ~What would’st a Thayan ruler know of my land, of the barrows of my ancestors and of my custom? A Rashemi doth not kneel to any foreigner, and she is a slave to no one. The one who comes with a sword to my land will die by the sword. Or by fire.~
---
> @49   = ~What would’st a Thayvian ruler know of my land, of the barrows of my ancestors and of my custom? A Rashemi doth not kneel to any foreigner, and she is a slave to no one. The one who comes with a sword to my land will die by the sword. Or by fire.~

< @76   = ~Dearest Imoen, allow for some more time. (Indeed, red on one so young and not of noble Thayan descent would hardly be befitting now.) Red is the color of colors, the summit of style and the pinnacle of elegance. Of course, being of such tender years, you might not see it yet, but despair not! I have high hopes for you.~
---
> @76   = ~Dearest Imoen, allow for some more time. (Indeed, red on one so young and not of noble Thayvian descent would hardly be befitting now.) Red is the color of colors, the summit of style and the pinnacle of elegance. Of course, being of such tender years, you might not see it yet, but despair not! I have high hopes for you.~
x#imint.tra

< @15   = ~Huh, this man gave me the creeps. I mean, pickin' a pocket is one thing, but killin' a dozen workers to steal some stupid artefact is... horrible!~
---
> @15   = ~Huh, this man gave me the creeps. I mean, pickin' a pocket is one thing, but killin' a dozen workers to steal some stupid artifact is... horrible!~

< @299  = ~But that's not all. Why wouldn't that black man come in person again? Why send lowly assassins, when he was willing to come himself for the first time? What made it different enough to warrant sending imbeciles?~
---
> @299  = ~But that's not all. Why wouldn't that armoured man come in person again? Why send lowly assassins, when he was willing to come himself for the first time? What made it different enough to warrant sending imbeciles?~
x#imoen.tra

< @300  = ~Child, please. No more horrid jokes. My ears are still getting used to being able to hear things again after having been rock for so long, be kind to them.~
---
> @300  = ~Child, please. No more horrid jokes. My ears are still getting used to being able to hear things again after having been stone for so long, be kind to them.~

< @342  = ~I dunno... it really sounds like yer tryin' to dodge my question... Hey! You listenin' to me! Dynahier! Hey, wait up! Don't leave me behind!~
---
> @342  = ~I dunno... it really sounds like yer tryin' to dodge my question... Hey! You listenin' to me! Dynaheir! Hey, wait up! Don't leave me behind!~
xfaint.tra

NEW LINES: 

> @150 = ~Ah, it's you again. Any luck tracking down that mage Gervisse?~
> @151 = ~No, not yet. We'll go look for him right now.~
> @152 = ~We've talked to Gervisse, and he says that it was you who's been scaring the twins and that you intend to kidnap them. I think I'm getting rid of you now!~
> @153 = ~That's very foolish of you. Taste, then, the fury of Voltine!~
> @154 = ~<CHARNAME>, Archdruid Amarande has given clear instruction. We must make haste.~
> @155 = ~As I recall, you were supposed to lead us to a mine.~
> @156 = ~Make haste to what?~
> @157 = ~My time is my own. You will not place demands on it.~
> @158 = ~Of course! After all, we must follow the vague instructions of every unwashed lunatic we encounter!~
> @159 = ~Yes, yes, I will lead you there. The mine is a gaping wound in the Great Mother, but it is also the source of the imbalance that troubles this region.~
> @160 = ~Do you mean the Nashkel Mines?~
> @161 = ~What, exactly, are you talking about?~
> @162 = ~Where does it lie?~
> @163 = ~Faldorn, I will give the orders, here, not the Archdruid.~
> @164 = ~The mines! They are a gaping wound in the Great Mother, but also the source of the imbalance that troubles this region.~
> @165 = ~Fool! The mine is a gaping wound in the Great Mother, but it is also the source of the imbalance that troubles this region.~
> @166 = ~How dare you mock the wisdom of the Archdruid?! The mine is a gaping wound in the Great Mother, but it is also the source of the imbalance that troubles this region.~
> @167 = ~I don't really care.~
> @168 = ~No, although they must be cleansed before we can purge the evil threatening Cloakwood. Once that is done, we can gather the information we need to pursue Archdruid Amarande's quest.~
> @169 = ~No, that boil has been lanced. Nor are they the only mines rending Her flesh. We must look further, seek information. The mines the Archdruid spoke of lie elsewhere, and it is our quest to find them.~
> @170 = ~Archdruid Amarande would have us cleanse the mines that lie near Cloakwood. First, we must seek wisdom to divine their location. Let us go about our tasks and gather information. That will lead us to our goal.~
> @171 = ~Somewhere not far from Cloakwood, but we must first seek wisdom to divine their location. Let us go about our tasks and gather information. That will lead us to our goal.~
> @172 = ~Grrrr! You will serve that Balance whether you will it or no! Even as we go about our tasks, we will be led to fulfil this quest.~
> @173 = ~Even so, you will still serve the balance. As we go about our tasks, we will be led to fulfil this quest.~
x#gaint.tra

< @70   = ~This high and mighty wizard seems an arrogant type indeed, and those red robes hint at a Thayan... We should be careful of our dealings with him, <CHARNAME>.~
< @71   = ~This high and mighty wizard seems an arrogant type indeed, and those red robes hint at a Thayan... We should be careful of our dealings with him, <CHARNAME>.~
---
> @70   = ~This high and mighty wizard seems an arrogant type indeed, and those red robes hint at a Thayvian... We should be careful of our dealings with him, <CHARNAME>.~
> @71   = ~This high and mighty wizard seems an arrogant type indeed, and those red robes hint at a Thayvian... We should be careful of our dealings with him, <CHARNAME>.~
x#garwyl.tra

< @1	= ~Pray tell, who goes there? Be thee adventurers?~
---
> @1	= ~Pray tell, who goes there? Be ye adventurers?~

< @8	= ~Alas, I have not had many adventures these recent years. Mine companions bear not the undead condition as well as I, and, begging mine pardon, art now rather dull.~
---
> @8	= ~Alas, I have not had many adventures these recent years. My companions bear not the undead condition as well as I, and, begging thy pardon, are now rather dull.~
x#jaheira.tra

< @263  = ~Aha! Ye wants ta 'talk shop', does ye, missus Jahiera? They work grand together... as some of me kin might say, like beddin' down in a dark chamber veined wi' gold. Better, if one did not bed down alone, they'd add - and were a good 'alf-century younger, p'raps. Aye.~
---
> @263  = ~Aha! Ye wants ta 'talk shop', does ye, missus Jaheira? They work grand together... as some of me kin might say, like beddin' down in a dark chamber veined wi' gold. Better, if one did not bed down alone, they'd add - and were a good 'alf-century younger, p'raps. Aye.~

NEW LINES:

> @278  = ~You must have heard wrongly, my lady Jaheira. <CHARNAME> and I are bound by a bond stronger than any other!~
> @279  = ~And m’lady herself will be amicably accepting if <CHARNAME> decided that it would be the best for the party, if she herself was replaced?~
> @280  = ~But <PRO_HESHE> would not do that! I... *sighs*~
x#jaqu.tra

NEW LINE:
> @183  = ~It will be your death, Andarthe.~
x#miint.tra

< @132  = ~Poor little lady, she's as mad as Minsc was before Boo found him. Perhaps we should get her a hamster that would surely calm her...~
< @133  = ~What's that, Boo? ... Yes, I think a chinchilla would do as well. It would match her eyes.~
---
> @132  = ~Poor little man, he's as mad as Minsc was before Boo found him. Perhaps we should get him a hamster? That would surely calm him...~
> @133  = ~What's that, Boo? ... Yes, I think a chinchilla would do as well. It would match his eyes.~

< @141  = ~She is not? O, well, I guess we will have to rescue her irregardless...~
---
> @141  = ~She is not? O, well, I guess we will have to rescue her regardless...~

not yet covered - all files which were renamed with a project prefix after Beta 3. I will begin that comparison tomorrow.

12:42 PM 9/22/2007

Edited by cmorgan
x#xanlt.tra

The person assigned to this file will need to do a manual file comparison themselves, and to be safe probably needs to start over.

Mostly just a few typos here and there. Don't worry about it, I suspect it'll be good enough as it is - four new lovetalks is all you really need to translate.

x#xanlt.tra

Mostly just a few typos here and there. Don't worry about it, I suspect it'll be good enough as it is - four new lovetalks is all you really need to translate.

Kulyok's analysis confirmed -

manual line by line check shows mostly spelling, grammar, and such - nothing that fundamentally changes the meanings of lines for translations until you get to the new lines.

Edited by cmorgan

Please dont forget about this. We are nearing the completion of the translation, I'd really need the rest of the changes so i can modify the files accordingly :p

Also, can you please post as a new post instead of editing? that way it'd clearer for me :p

Thaaaanks!

Between v12 and v14, there vere very minor adjustments in the existing content, and no lines were shuffled around the place. So you just need to check that your translated files have the same length/number of lines as English ones(and make sure that you've translated the latest additions, such as Bardic Reputation adjustment or Xan's last lovetalks).

I'll take a look -

the changes with setup.tra and the _tmp.tra series, I will have to do an explination for you (and it will be easier if those simply get a whole new translation) I will take a look and see when i can get you a breakdown of changes, but for may of them, look for the "X#" and "P#" versions of older files - ADDIAL -> X#ADDIAL, etc.

Hello,

The d'Oghmatiques have beginning the french translation of BG1 NPC Project. I guess you recieve a pm from Kratos in this way, cmorgan. :help:

We didn't succeed in contacting Mathrim Cauthon who began the translation two years ago and then disappeared. So we're starting from the beginning.

----------------------------------

I've just one question : Does someone identify all the intervenings per .tra files ?

Because, even if it's easy for some .tra (like x#viconia.tra which owns its .d file), it's more difficult for others. I saw there's a BG1NPCVarIndex.html in documents' directory, but I'm wondering if it's useful for translators.

Can someone tell me in which .tra files Viconia talks for example ?

graoumf

one of the coordinators of the d'Oghmatiques

Edited by Graoumf

Unfortunately, due to the way the project has been built over time, there is no good way to do this :help: I am afraid that the strings are liberally mixed together.

The good news is that there are not likely to be big .tra changes ever again, and there are ways of handling this issue. One is to use the Untraify feature of WeiDU, and be able to see untraified .d files, so you can see who is talking. Another is more painful, opening code vs tra file and jumping back and forth - and I believe the third uis to look at the .tra tools that ClanDLAN has set up.

Which reminds me, I need to update this thread. Not tonight, i am afraid...

Trep seems to do the job, and it matches the ClanDLAN tool (though you will want to investigate which one will feel more comfortable to you).

I appreciate any community work on this, because it is a bit of a challenge, in terms of sheer volume. 3.54 MB in 126 .tra files uncompressed (on a 260GB FAT system drive, it works out to 6.03 MB).

Sorry folks - more .tra changes. The bad news - I can't do much about it. The good news, the public v15 about to ship has a lockdown on .tra changes except for spelling from now until eternity. So you can count v15 as a completed set of .tras. Any further coding changes necessitating adding or moving dialogue will be resolved by either removing the content in question or coding around it using small independent files as mini-patches.

Immortality, if you want to, you can contact me privately, and we can set up an online meeting this summer (or a series of emails) to assist in salvaging all your hard work so far. Most of the changes we made were simple movement from one file to another, and we should be able to keep what you have done. Others involve finding any .tra strings that are journal entries and moving them from

@0 = ~My text goes here~

to

@0 = ~My Text

My text goes here~

so that journal titles show up correctly.

Edited by cmorgan
Guest Guest

Damn you!!!! ;D

New version and we were only 4 files away of sending you the TRAs!!! ;)

Anyway... could you please tell me what changed from v14 to v15?? That'll be GREAT help!!! :thumbsup: