Photo

BG1NPC Project v22 bug thread

150 replies to this topic

#151 Angel

Angel
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:50 AM

Cool. I don't play BGT, so I just wanted to be sure that passing the JOINED dialogs into your function wouldn't remove anything that's supposed to be in the BGT journal for continuing NPCs.

Unlike EET, BGT resets the chapter number to 1 and empties the journal on BG2 transition.  If you keep BG1 journal entries they will show up in BG2 chapters, where they are usually not very appropriate.

I don't know of any NPC quests that span both BG1 and BG2 (such a quest could only be fully played on BGT or EET, as Tutu and BGEE do not include BG2) but if there is such a thing it's probably best on BGT to re-set any relevant journal entries at the start of BG2, for example with some script in the starting dungeon.  Like I said, the cleaning script runs only once, right before the party finds themselves in "Chateau Irenicus".

As an aside, I have toyed with the idea of writing a mod for BGT that implements EET-style chapter numbering, but I couldn't find a feasible way to do so, at least not without rewriting most of BGT which I fear is a little bit beyond my current skills. :-)

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users