bg1re v1.3 - Bugthread

I've got the Viconia stutter bug going on with Jaheria in the party. I've tried resting and both characters still have movement issues. If Jahera dies but stays in the party Viconia then moves fine. If she's removed the Viconia goes back to stuttering. If Viconia is removed then Jahera moves with no issues. Resting didn't work and I don't know what script or where to find it to remove. Any help? I'm playing TDD and have fix patches installed.

Guest amber-coffeeCat

Hi fellas. Anyone still alive in this thread? 🙂

I am currently using BGEE RE with bunch of other mods and Mikala won't talk to my female PC. Anyone can help?

I'm still here. :wavey:

What exactly do you mean she won't talk to your PC - Mikala is there but "has nothing to say to you" (as it was displayed in the old game) if you click on her? Is it the first time you talk to her, or did you already tried talking to her with someone else or the PC not being in the first slot?

Also, it would help if you tell me which version of the mod and which game (BG:EE / BGT / original BG1 ...) you are playing.

Guest amber-coffeeCat

Jastey, you are always reliable! 🙂

I'm using BGEE.

Firstly I talked to her with someone else by accident, she told me something along the lines "you're the ones travelling with Charname". Then I tried the PC, but no dialogue fired, not even "nothing to say to you" message. Then I reloaded a save before entering the tavern and used PC to talk to her, but the result was the same. Then I reloaded again and changed my gender with the Masc/Fem belt - she recognized I was a "man", so she also works in this fashion.

To me it looks like the dialogue fails to initiate for females only, like it's lacking some condition to do so.

16 hours ago, Guest amber-coffeeCat said:

To me it looks like the dialogue fails to initiate for females only, like it's lacking some condition to do so.

That is surprising, since the according dialogue has the trigger "IsGabber(Player1) NumTimesTalkedTo(0)". So, if you load an earlier save and talk to her the first time* with your female NPC, she should initiate dialogue and say "Ah, the saviour of our mines. <CHARNAME>, wasn't it? I thank you.".

My suggestions would have been: load an earlier save, if available...

The only other option I could think of is ctrl+y the existent Mikala and cheat a new one in via:

C:CreateCreature("M3Mikala")

If she doesn't talk to you then, I am clueless, I am afraid. :(

*That's a good find, btw: the check for "talked to the first time" is nonsense, of course, and lead to the bug you encountered. This will be fixed in the next version! Thank you for  reporting!

Guest amber-coffeeCat

Sure, that's the main reason i wrote 🙂   I'll also try cheating in a new Mikala and loading even earlier save and write back here with the results.

After some tries at repairing this, I just went ahead and read the dialogue straight from the .tra, following the intended structure found in .d, so I haven't really miss anything regardless.

Guest amber-coffeeCat

I loaded a much older save and failed to replicate the error. Mikala worked as intended.

The only time I managed to get the same behavior from her is when I indeed talked to her with someone else first, and then tried the PC. But that was not the case originally, so... huh.