Hooray for Gavin!

Ladile

Just finished my SoA run with Gavin (married path, human bard PC) and just wanted to post and say, "Well done!" I'm eagerly anticipating being able to finish the saga with him whenever the ToB portion is finished! :goodwork:

I'm not sure if you have any plans to add to or modify anything in the SoA portion, but if you do, I would have liked to see the option of a more weepy, emotional PC response once Bodhi's handiwork is undone. Plenty of PCs would probably put on some form of a brave face for Gavin's sake, but I can just as easily see a PC going to pieces, or coming close, once the situation is resolved and the realization that they almost lost their love really has time to sink in. It might work best as a PID talk once Gavin has started talking again, because he'd be too shell-shocked immediately following de-vamping, and having it come up in the next talk would take away from the fact that Gavin needs to confide in the PC about the worst experience of his life. Of course it could also be argued that the PC should be able to have that sort of response anytime Gavin dies and is resurrected, but I'd like to think that having your husband/fiance/lover kidnapped, vamped, and then being forced to slay them would be something of a special case and slightly more traumatizing.

The only other suggestion I have is crossmod! Crossmod with everyone! :)

Oh, and after having just sacrificed a part of her health and grace to safely retrieve Gavin from the Hell trial, he immediately greets his wife with the following question:

Gavin: "So....do you think there are spiders here?"

Me: "..........."

Seemed like a fitting end to the game, somehow :)

Your suggestions are wonderful! The spiders would be hilarious. I'm sure berelinde doesn't want to over-do the spiders...but I don't recall him mentioning them at all in SoA...so I think that it would be okay.

For Gavin, spiders WOULD be Hell! LOL

Oh, I can't wait for ToB and for...Keldorn ToB, too!

The thing with the spiders wasn't a suggestion; it actually happened in my game :)

I think he mentions spiders a time or two; he has a reaction to the lady with the spider illusion in the circus.

I also second the anticipation for Keldorn-ToB :)

Whoa, I don't remember writing anything at all involving spiders for SoA. That's a bit scary.

I'll see what I can do about expanding the player-initiated dialogue options that relate to game situations. When I released Gavin, I was going back to work after an extended period of unemployment. My modding time was ending and I had to get what was done out the door or it would remain unfinished forever. Things got cut. Now that the mod is out, though, there is no reason not to go back and fill in the details.

Not a lot of progress lately, but that's due to the demands of the job and a recently-acquired Dragon Age addiction. I will return to Gavin (and Keldorn), though, and soon. :)

That's understandable; real life happens and everyone needs a break from time to time! I'm attempting to stave off playing DA2 until I finish playing some other games, because once I get started it'll be the only game I'll want to play for quite awhile :)

I completely understand about the Dragon Age addiction. :cool:

You don't say if it's 1 or 2, but if it's 1, I always thought that Alistair wasn't all that unlike Gavin, if he found out he was of royal blood, and was a little bit better at fighting.

Nevertheless, all your fans are anxiously awaiting Gavin for ToB. I've been putting off any more BG runs until it's out.

Gavin has become so integral to my BG experience that I cannot imagine it without him! He's right up there with Minsc, Jaheira, Imoen, and every other "sine qua non" character people could name.

This is especially true considering that there are no strong, well-written, good cleric NPC's in the vanilla game. (Jaheira and Cernd don't count, because druids are not the same thing at all; Branwen and Yeslick don't make it past BG1, and Viconia is completely unsuitable for a good party.)

Your Gavin fills a huge void in the cast of characters. I simply wouldn't enjoy the game without him any more.

EDIT: Oh, (ahem, ahem), I forgot about Anomen. But still, (cough, cough)....

Guest Lilyan
Nevertheless, all your fans are anxiously awaiting Gavin for ToB. I've been putting off any more BG runs until it's out.

Same here! I really hope it'll be out this year.

Gavin has become so integral to my BG experience that I cannot imagine it without him! He's right up there with Minsc, Jaheira, Imoen, and every other "sine qua non" character people could name.

Same again! ;) Although I did and still would enjoy the games without Gavin, I wouldn't want to do another run without him. In a way, he's now my favorite thing about BG. :wink.gif

And now I really wish I was able to play Dragon Age! :p

;)

Thanks for the encouragement!

It's still a bit early to start planning a PC for the next playthrough, but I admit that the recent discussions about Lanie and about Gavin's orientation have inspired me to work on Gavin again. I've been doing some sporadic ToB writing over the last few days. And the brainstorming contributions of a certain fellow modder has not hurt!

Archived