SR V4 Beta 15

I would really recommend installing the base component of SR before SCS, at the very least (and really, it should be installed before IR). I'm assuming that happened because you uninstalled beta15, and weidu screwed up where it placed it on the reinstall (this has happened to me a few times before - very annoying). I can't guarantee that that's the problem, but you really don't have a lot in there that I would think should otherwise cause any problems. Happily, if you do reinstall, it should remain compatible with your save game, I think.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Confirmed - should be marked as not usable for Diviners, but it's marked as not usable for Enchanters, on both the scroll (SCRL2E) and spell itself. The spell itself is also marked as an Invocation spell instead of Conjuration.

A few other school errors:

1. Divine Power (SPPR412) should be Evocation casting graphics.

2. Negative Plane Protection (SPPR413) should be Alteration casting graphics.

3. Creeping Doom (SPPR717) should be Conjuration casting graphics.

4. Chaos Shield (SPWI222) and Improved Chaos Shield (SPWI723) should probably be Abjuration casting graphics, not Illusory (but maybe not, because Wild Magic be crazy? Interestingly, Nahal's is marked as Conjuration for both school and graphics).

5. Acid Fog (SPWI614) has the incorrect school (but correct exclusionary school and casting graphics, and I think the scroll is correct).

6. Mass Invisibility (SPWI721) has the incorrect school (but correct casting graphics and exclusionary school and scroll).

7. Incendiary Cloud (SPWI810) has the correct school, but incorrect casting graphics and exclusionary school (should be Enchanter, not Diviner). Furthermore, the scroll (SCRL9E) is restricting against Diviners instead of Enchanters.

Edited by Bartimaeus

​The problem is that Fire Shield protects from the primary spell (i.e. if you cast an insects spell directly on the Fire Shielded character, it blocks the entire spell), but it doesn't block the secondary spell (i.e. if it's cast on another character and it spreads to the Fire Shielded character), when it PROBABLY should do the latter instead of the former.

​The problem is that Fire Shield protects from the primary spell (i.e. if you cast an insects spell directly on the Fire Shielded character, it blocks the entire spell), but it doesn't block the secondary spell (i.e. if it's cast on another character and it spreads to the Fire Shielded character), when it PROBABLY should do the latter instead of the former.

Well, in my opinion, it should either do both or none.

​I think it blocking the entire spell is a bad idea unless you make the AI realize that a caster has Fire Shield and that it's an obviously bad idea to target them with an insect spell. Additionally, I like the organic component of the insects being able to recognize that maybe going straight into a giant wall of flame isn't really the best idea, so instead Fire Shield protects the person with Fire Shield, but not anyone else the two higher level spells might have otherwise spread to.

Edited by Bartimaeus

hey guys, a while ago demi said he removed the gate and summon fiend scrolls from the game to test Monster VIII and IX, is there a way to make them available again now?

He was talking about making summon fiend quest-related and maybe Gate as an HLA, but is there a temporary fix I can do myself for that?

I don't wanna cheat the spell in my spellbook because we're planning for a multiplayer game and cheating a spell into a spellbook mid-game is kinda boring.

And not casting the spells either is equally as boring! :p

Can I just add a new scroll, drop the .itm in override and then give it to a monster who drops it?

Or I could try to find some unused scroll in there...

When I read demi's main_component.tpa for this mod, he goes out of his way to re-use scrolls in the game. The only new scroll he added, I think, is Ghostform (scrlw801.itm)

If adding a new scroll in the game isn't buggy, I will do it. And share it here in case someone wants their summon fiend and gate back :p

I found a bug with SPPR412 - Divine Power

It doesnt apply intended effects. I checked with NI, REMOVE Effects upcode (312) removes everyting spells changes. I removed the upcode it worked fine. This time you can stack the effects though.

Edited by Hicuty

321 effects are supposed to be there - that's not a bug. If they are not there things will be buggy.

The only thing is, the 321 effect must be the *first* effect in each header.

kreso I know it's a PITA but if I were makingbthis mod, and wanted to arrange compatibility with both engines, I would do something like this for each spell where you need to control stacking: remove all 321/206 effects from the spell files and paste this into the .tp2 as spells get copied in

COPY ~spell_rev/spwi201.spl~ ~override~
  PATCH_IF GAME_IS ~bgee bg2ee iwdee eet~ BEGIN
    LPF ADD_SPELL_EFFECT INT_VAR insert_point = 0 opcode = 321 target = 1 timing = 9 STR_VAR resource = EVAL ~%SOURCE_RES%~ END
  END
  PATCH_IF ENGINE_IS ~tob bgt~ BEGIN
    LPF CLONE_EFFECT INT_VAR silent = 1 multi_match = 1 opcode = 206 target = 1 parameter1 = 0 parameter2 = 0 STR_VAR resource = EVAL ~%SOURCE_RES%~ END
(And just change the "target" value for spells targeting others. Edited by subtledoctor